Health care assistance for immigrant family

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Zach
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Health care assistance for immigrant family

Post by Zach »

I was born and raised in NJ, I got married and moved abroad in March with my husband. However, I recently found out that I am pregnant. I've been to several hospitals here but I am unable to get the health care and other medical assistance that I need because I am an immigrant. The doctors are really mean to me and absolutely no help. I have decided to come back to America to live and receive proper medical care for my child. My husband will come with me but his paper work needs to process so he can work legally in America. I am 3 months pregnant and I haven't received proper care for my unborn child. My goal is to return in January. Upon my arrival, I will have no job or place to live. My credit is poor and I would really need some kind of housing assistance. I would only be able to stay with my sister for two weeks but after that I will be officially homeless with a child on the way. Please help me!
LaTessa

Re: Health care assistance for immigrant family

Post by LaTessa »

So in December I was in the hospital for over a month. I went in thinking I had double pneumonia and came out terminally-ill, I was very upset over this alone and my children. A month later I lost everything I ever worked hard for as I am an immigrant without insurance. At first I just wanted to go, I was ready for heaven, until I seen my children lost and confused and very sad. I knew I had to stay and fight for them alone. I didn't have house insurance due to me going in the hospital and out having to pay for medical things I needed to return home I didn't make the payment, so due to a human error, we don't have anything to fall back on.
So I have to make this right with my kids before I go. So I know they will be okay. A home is something great to have and stability for your family, to know they will never be homeless again would be a miracle at this point. DONT EVER TAKE WHAT YOU HAVE FOR GRANTED, BE HAPPY FOR THE THINGS YOU WORKED FOR AND HOLD IT DEAR TO YOUR HEART BECAUSE 1 DAY YOU MIGHT HAVE IT ALL AND THE NEXT YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOK FOWARD TO OPENING YOUR EYES FOR. YOUR HOMELESS, NO FOOD, NO CLOTHES, NO VEHICLE and on top of that your dying, now what would you do. I never begged for anything my whole life.
If I needed it, I worked and saved up for it, now I can't. I had too much pride to even ask for help, now I'm begging and pleading for any kind of help. Thank you for you taking your valuable time and really listening to myself and family.
This is what I sent out to a lot of organizations that I found myself on the internet and only your organization responded to my family. But I still don't have the tools to follow through to receive the help that's being offered to us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Community clinics normally help people of all races, religions, and backgrounds, including immigrants. In fact, if they receive government funding, they are required by law to provide health care. If you have insurance, they accept it. Or if you don't, then care is still provided. The doctors at a clinic will normally fight to ensure that people get what they need, and find a listing of free community clinics to call upon by state and city.
Kirkpatrick

Post by Kirkpatrick »

Hello, my name is Aliaksandra I am a guardian of my disabled brother Mikalai and we are both immigrants. Originally we are from Belarus. Right now, living in Norcross, GA.  My  brother was a J1 student (international students’ program). Last year he was hit by a car and needs help for health care needs. He has got catastrophic brain injury. He lost almost 30% of his brain. The citizen of USA increased the speed and hit my brother behind. It was fault of driver. In the result of car accident Mikalai lost ability to move, serve himself, think, also he lost his vision. I've got emergency visa and came to USA to take care about him. I applied for guardianship about Mikalai and got it from Fulton County Court of Atlanta. 
Mikalai needs 24/7 supervision for his health care plan, he is not able to take care about himself. Also, he needs rehabilitation and medical care. We applied for Medicaid, but it says that he is not eligible because his visa status was expired while he was in coma.
I want to ask you about complete consultation how to obtain medical insurance and financial support.  I can't support him financially because I have tourist visa status and can't work legally, also I can't leave my brother alone because he needs 24/7 support and care. We are in the situation when we are struggle a lot, have no money for living and without any help my brother could die. This is no fair, because it's not the fault of my brother, it's fault reckless American driver. Please, give me an advice where I can find help!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are a guardian, then where are the parents? Back in the immigrants home country. Since you are in Georgia, there are still free clinics there. You can find them for medical care, especially if they are a student. Find free clinics in Georgia.
Kirkpatrick wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:15 am Hello, my name is Aliaksandra I am a guardian of my disabled brother Mikalai and we are both immigrants. Originally we are from Belarus. Right now, living in Norcross, GA.  My  brother was a J1 student (international students’ program). Last year he was hit by a car and needs help for health care needs.