Assistance in How to Pay Medical Bills

Help with paying medical bills
BLGord
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Assistance in How to Pay Medical Bills

Post by BLGord »

I have over 25k in medical bills with several hospitals. All of them want 10% of the outstanding balance. This is more than what I make in one month. I take home 2200 USD per month and have house and car payments.

I want to be responsible and pay my bills on time but the medical bills make it impossible. I can only afford about 100 dollars per month for my medical bill payments and do not know how to negotiate or achieve my realistic medical bill payment.

Can anyone help or suggest a method or company to achieve my payment goal?

Thanks in advance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Assistance in How to Pay Medical Bills

Post by Admin »

Here is a link and information on how you can settle and eliminate medical debt yourself, and it also talks about the pros and cons of using a professional, such as a medical debt settlement company. In general though, medical debt tends to be easier to settle, especially if you make an effort to pay, which sounds like you are since paying $100 / month.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ement.html
BLGord wrote:I have over 25k in medical bills with several hospitals. All of them want 10% of the outstanding balance. This is more than what I make in one month. I take home 2200 USD per month and have house and car payments.

I want to be responsible and pay my bills on time but the medical bills make it impossible. I can only afford about 100 dollars per month for my medical bill payments and do not know how to negotiate or achieve my realistic medical bill payment.

Can anyone help or suggest a method or company to achieve my payment goal?

Thanks in advance.
TracMaz

Post by TracMaz »

My name is Kendall i have been down in my health for n the past 2 years.I have no medical ins.Last year i got a blood clot in my rt leg.Have gone back and forth evry week Almost to get my blood work done and see the doctor and i half to pay it each time i go.4 days after Christmas this year i got pain in the other leg now i have a blood clot in it. My utilities arent that high but i need some short term help.Could you please help me?I half to compromise my health at times.My address is stone mountain Georgia 30083. Could you please give me some help Thank You
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Kendall. Stone Mountain is in DeKalb County Georgia.
Try this place for info on where to go for health care, prescriptions, or genenral medical advice. They may also have funds for other expenses. Salvation Army - DeKalb County Service Unit (404) 486-2714
Another option is the Decatur Cooperative Ministry, Inc. Dial (404) 284-4411 They also have numerous financial assistance programs.

http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/dek ... rogr1.html
TracMaz wrote:My name is Kendall i have been down in my health for n the past 2 years.I have no medical ins.Last year i got a blood clot in my rt leg.Have gone back and forth evry week Almost to get my blood work done and see the doctor and i half to pay it each time i go.4 days after Christmas this year i got pain in the other leg now i have a blood clot in it. My utilities arent that high but i need some short term help.Could you please help me?I half to compromise my health at times.My address is stone mountain Georgia 30083. Could you please give me some help Thank You
CSheen

Post by CSheen »

I need help with much, including meds,transportation,medical bills.Im am short $775.00 and I have 10 days to make a payment or I am out of a home.Its just the past due balance that I am having trouble with.If I can get help I would gladly appreicate it. Also I have a 17 month old and an 8 day old. My electric bill is due on Thursday the 21st of April. I only need 75 dollars. Is there anyone or any program that can help me? Thanx
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The good news is that many organizations provide help for prescription medications and drugs. There are Patient Assistance Program, places like Needy Meds and the United Way, and other non-profits like Partnership for Prescription Assistance. All of these can offer low priced and even free meds to the low income and those who are struggling. More on free medications

CSheen wrote:I need help with much, including meds,transportation,medical bills.Im am short $775.00 and I have 10 days to make a payment or I am out of a home.Its just the past due balance that I am having trouble with.If I can get help I would gladly appreicate it. Also I have a 17 month old and an 8 day old. My electric bill is due on Thursday the 21st of April. I only need 75 dollars. Is there anyone or any program that can help me? Thanx
BAMurdoch

Post by BAMurdoch »

Hello. My mother has esophageal cancer and is without employment. Her bills are in excess of 1500 dollars above her 600 dollar a month social security benefit. I am looking for an organization that can help with her rent which is nearly 800 dollars. I understand there are programs for food and utility assistance and intend to apply for those but I need to find a resource that helps stage 4 cancer patients with rent. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have many resources listed for people who are diagnosed with Cancer. Non-profits can help the patient, as well as immediate families too. They can help with medical bills, and just other expenses that you may not be able to pay due to loss of income, etc. The main programs are listed here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... bills.html
There are not for profits like Life Beyond Cancer as well as the Patient Advocate Foundation Co-Pay Relief Program. Also be sure to ask your hospital or medical provider for any financial assistance aid or programs that they may provide patients who are diagnosed with cancer.
BAMurdoch wrote:Hello. My mother has esophageal cancer and is without employment. Her bills are in excess of 1500 dollars above her 600 dollar a month social security benefit. I am looking for an organization that can help with her rent which is nearly 800 dollars. I understand there are programs for food and utility assistance and intend to apply for those but I need to find a resource that helps stage 4 cancer patients with rent. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
ChuckieMac

Post by ChuckieMac »

I am searching for some help with paying my medical bills. I've had 3 surgeries in the past 2 years including for kidney cancer and meniere's disease. I was not aware that the insurance company would refuse to cover any of my bills until I paid my deductible and my husband's even though my husband hasn't been ill. This is horrible because now I have to pay his deductible too before I can get help from them. I cannot afford to pay all these hospital bills and don't know what to do. I don't qualify for SSI or disability because they say I have to have worked 5 out of the past 10 years and I have not. I have no income and my husband is retired and we are living on his social security check each month. I have to borrow money from relatives to help pay the bills and can't keep borrowing from them. I am not old enough for Medicaid. Only 58. I need some assistance from a charity or something to help. Do you know where I can get help. Too stressed and too sick to be going through this stress.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are having a dispute with your insurance company on the medical bills, did you try an advocate? They can not only review your account, but help you contest the disputes too. They also will usually work for free as well, unless they save you money. Also, try a disability lawyer as maybe they can dispute the claim since you are only 58. As far as medical billing advocates, here is more information on them. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... lp_sa.html