Parkinson’s disease bills

Help with paying medical bills
Latricia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Parkinson’s disease bills

Post by Latricia »

my name is Mary, I’m 80 years of age, I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. I live and share the rent and bills with my daughter who is on SSI disability. I get regular social security being a widow...things have gotten bad because of raises in rents, gas, electricity and medical bills from Parkinson's.  I live in a small older house and the rent has gone up 300.00 dollars in 2 years.....the landlord says because of raises in taxes and water bills.....I’m living in this house for almost 39 years now and would like to stay here if I can get some help with the medical bills for my Parkinson and housing....as I might become homeless if I don’t get some help...please let me know if this is possible ... thank you,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Parkinson’s disease bills

Post by Admin »

Maybe try a healthcare charity.
Now while we have no idea if they will help you pay existing bills from Parkinsons or not, you can try. Places like Healthwell, Salvation Army, patient assistance and more. Or of course ask your medical provider or hospital about a payment plan.
Bosch

Re: Parkinson’s disease bills

Post by Bosch »

I am writing this letter on behalf of my father. He is currently being evicted from his house unless he can pay $2000 immediately. He has recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's and possible early dementia. He had an episode a few months ago where he had a seizure and had to be hospitalized for a month. He owns a house that he rents to my cousin and she runs a nursing facility from there. When my father went to the hospital she took over everything and told the doctors they weren’t to speak to me at all. She told me he was dying and had to be put on hospice in her nursing home. She claimed she was his power of attorney. The hospital blindly believed her. After almost a week, his doctor called me saying I needed to go in and talk to a social worker and gain power of attorney because my cousin was forcing the hospital to sedate him. The doctor said when he refused to she became angry and hostile towards him. It turns out if my father was declared mentally incompetent or died that she would inherit the house she rented. He was never dying, she lied about everything. The rest of my family abandoned him and my brother even robbed him. I fought and gained power of attorney and got him home with me and started taking care of him. I found out that my cousin was also in charge of paying his bills and she stopped paying ALL of his bills and the rent she owed him over 6 months ago. He has nothing left, no money, and only me for help. He got dizzy and fell from the stress of everything and was hospitalized again. He couldn’t even walk on his own. Now he is being evicted. He will have no home to come back to when he is released.
I have tried everything and applied for any state programs and everything like that for help with Parkinson's bills. I am having panic attacks every single day because I cannot raise enough money for him to stay. He doesn’t even qualify for Medicare to get him into a nursing home. I feel helpless and scared. I’ve used my savings and paid as much of his bills as I can. HIs social security doesn’t even cover his rent alone. I am trying to find an affordable nursing home for him but it’s impossible. He is the best dad in the world, I don’t know how to help him. I don’t have anyone else to ask for help. Please if you can donate It would mean the world to me. If you can’t donate, I can work odd jobs (I have two small children and sole custody) but I’m willing to work extra if I can. If you can’t and just can share the gofundme that would also be amazing.
This may be his last Christmas as his condition Parkinson's worsens daily. I don’t want him to leave the hospital and become homeless. (I have a very small 2 bedroom that's only 900 sqft and two kids so I have no room at all. Please help grant my Christmas wish of my dad being able to keep his apartment for now. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope you have a wonderful holiday.