Vicki19
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Hospital bill negotiations

Post by Vicki19 »

Hi, I was just cancelled from COBRA because my check
was lost in the mail. I have been out of work. At this time I have a bill from
a hospital and will attempt to negotiate with them myself first. However I
would like to know what you can help me with and how your process goes.
They will be wanting me to set up a payment program shortly.
Should I go in person to the hospital or just send a letter with the
request to reduce my bill?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Hospital bill negotiations

Post by Admin »

There are several different ways to negotiate both medical and hospital bills. Here is a link that provides 4 primary tips to follow. Asking for discounts, ensure you are charged the same, lower price that health insurers receive, and other steps. Basically a health insurance company pays less money than a regular consumer, so your goal should be to negotiate your medical bill down to the rate that insurers pay.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
Vicki19 wrote:Hi, I was just cancelled from COBRA because my check
was lost in the mail. I have been out of work. At this time I have a bill from
a hospital and will attempt to negotiate with them myself first. However I
would like to know what you can help me with and how your process goes.
They will be wanting me to set up a payment program shortly.
Should I go in person to the hospital or just send a letter with the
request to reduce my bill?
Kerr

Assistance paying hospital bill

Post by Kerr »

Dear Foundation Representative:

I AM A WIDOW AND 77 YEARS OLD ELDERLY WOMAN(MAY/22/1933). I HAVE NO INSURANCE AND HAVE BEEN HOUSE WIFE FOR ALL MY ADULT LIFE. I HAVE NO INCOME AND STAYING WITH MY RELATIVES WHO PROVIDE ME FOOD, ROOM AND BOARD AND CLOTHING. I WAS DEHYDRATED ON 06/06/2010 AND MY RELATIVES RUSHED ME TO EMERGENCY ROOM FOR TREATMENT. NOW THE HOSPITAL JEFFERSON REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER HAS SENT ME A BILL FOR AROUND $5400. THE ACCOUNT NUMBER IS I AM REQUESTING FOR ASSISTANCE FOR PAYING MY MEDICAL BILL DIRECTLY TO HOSPITAL IF IT IS POSSIBLE--please. I AM A DIEBETIC AND HARDLY WALK AND HAVING EYE PROBLEM WITH MACULAR DEGENERATION AND HAVE CATRACT ON BOTH EYES. I HARDLY CAN SEE THINGS. AGAIN, I APPRECIATE YOUR KINDNESS. All I WANT TO PAY THIS SKY ROCKET BILL. THANK YOUFOR ANY ASSISTANCE.

THE NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE HOSPITAL IS AS FOLLOW:

JEFFERSON REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER

YOUR ASSISTANCE IS ALREADY APPRECIATED.

Truly,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Assistance paying hospital bill

Post by Admin »

A hospital bill for $5400 does seem expensive. Luckily there are numerous programs and ways to get help with hospital bills. There are programs like the Hill-Burton Hospital Free Care Program, medical bill advocates, and people that can negotiate medical and hospital bills to try to save you money on them.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... th_ho.html
Here are many programs listed on this link. I am sure some will apply to your situation at Jefferson Regional.
Kerr wrote:Dear Foundation Representative:

I AM A WIDOW AND 77 YEARS OLD ELDERLY WOMAN(MAY/22/1933). I HAVE NO INSURANCE AND HAVE BEEN HOUSE WIFE FOR ALL MY ADULT LIFE. I HAVE NO INCOME AND STAYING WITH MY RELATIVES WHO PROVIDE ME FOOD, ROOM AND BOARD AND CLOTHING. I WAS DEHYDRATED ON 06/06/2010 AND MY RELATIVES RUSHED ME TO EMERGENCY ROOM FOR TREATMENT. NOW THE HOSPITAL JEFFERSON REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER HAS SENT ME A BILL FOR AROUND $5400. THE ACCOUNT NUMBER IS I AM REQUESTING FOR ASSISTANCE FOR PAYING MY MEDICAL BILL DIRECTLY TO HOSPITAL IF IT IS POSSIBLE--please. I AM A DIEBETIC AND HARDLY WALK AND HAVING EYE PROBLEM WITH MACULAR DEGENERATION AND HAVE CATRACT ON BOTH EYES. I HARDLY CAN SEE THINGS. AGAIN, I APPRECIATE YOUR KINDNESS. All I WANT TO PAY THIS SKY ROCKET BILL. THANK YOUFOR ANY ASSISTANCE.

THE NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE HOSPITAL IS AS FOLLOW:

JEFFERSON REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER

YOUR ASSISTANCE IS ALREADY APPRECIATED.

Truly,
Morba

Post by Morba »

Dear Sir or Madam,

I live in Edmond, Oklahoma and would like information regarding rent assistance, utilities and medical assistance. We have plenty of hospital expenses that have to be paid and we have no way of paying them. I have been unemployed for over a year and my husband only makes $9.50 an hour as a cook. Please provide any information available. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Rent and utilities are more likely to get help with in the area. A listing of Oklahoma county/city assistance programs is here, and has agencies to call for help with those expenses and bills. Try calling one or more of the following.Salvation Army in Oklahoma City (405) 246-1122. For those health care needs you have, try calling the Oklahoma Community Health Alliance at (918) 437-6767
Morba wrote:Dear Sir or Madam,

I live in Edmond, Oklahoma and would like information regarding rent assistance, utilities and medical assistance. We have plenty of hospital expenses that have to be paid and we have no way of paying them. I have been unemployed for over a year and my husband only makes $9.50 an hour as a cook. Please provide any information available. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Ju Jansen

Post by Ju Jansen »

Hello,
I am writing to you for assistance with a large medical bill I received from Jefferson University Physicians in PA. I called them several months back to ask if I could apply for financial assistance and/or charity care. They informed me that the "doctors" don’t allow charity care, that this is a bill for a doctor alone.
After reading your website, and looking at all the assistance programs, I found what they told me to be ridiculous. I don’t see how a doctor can not allow a patient assistance and not negotiate with them.
Then at the end of August, I received a notice that they referred my account to a collection agency:
Alliance One in PA.
I called them, spoke to numerous people and was told they do not refer out or do they know of any assistance programs.
They referred me to the state of NJ website for help. I am reaching out to you to see if there is anything I can apply for?
Below is my personal information, alliance one account numbers and Jeffersons account numbers.
Macaranoi

Post by Macaranoi »

To whom it may concern. I had to have a full hysterectomy due to serious health problems. I currently have health insurance thru Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, but, unfortunately I was still left with serious hospital bills that we're not covered. I reside in Dallas County Texas, and currently am unemployed. I am not sure how I can pay these outstanding bills, and it's seems as though nobody will work with me. Is there any place I can go to get financial help with these bills ? Please get back to me, I really need some help. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It is not common to get help with hospital bills. This is one of the leading causes of bankruptcy after all. You can try a non-profit credit counseling agency, or ask the hospital for a payment plan. Also, maybe the Blue Health - Cross website in Texas has some ideas for you. Your leverage may in fact be higher if you are unemployed, and only in the way of maybe the provider is more likely to offer a payment plan. Read more help paying hospital bills.