No funds to pay health insurance premiums so need help

Help with paying medical bills
sheniqua
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

No funds to pay health insurance premiums so need help

Post by sheniqua »

I need help with my health insurance premium and medical bill. I have a grade 2 sprain. But they think something else is going on with my ankle. I've been off of work since June 21 and used every vacation time and time off with pay I had. Now I have no money to pay the premium to cover these bills or go to physical therapy. My job is still available to me. I just need help to pay my bills so they can see me again. I need to get back to work.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: No funds to pay health insurance premiums so need help

Post by Admin »

Help for premiums is very rare. Getting help towards a deductible is more common. For a premium, maybe try another plan level...such as Bronze or Silver health insurance. Also, as far as your medical bills, talk to your doctor or drug company to ask about a payment plan. So those are some options for your premium, and find other resources here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... al_bi.html
Roker

Post by Roker »

Dear Access DuPage,
I am seeking information about getting health care with low premiums in a difficult situation.
I do not have a car. I work near my home, and blessed, I have little travel I need to do far from home.
This year I was forcibly introduced to Obama care/Medicaid. Let me explain, I received warnings about a monetary penalty if I did not have health care coverage in 2016, and I became enrolled in a Medicaid HMO policy through Blue Cross blue shield by January of 2017. When it came time for me to make an appointment the doctor I was assigned to do not exist. I spent 4+ hours on the phone on two separate days trying to obtain a new doctor within my city, Wheaton, Or within reasonable distance from my community. Many customer service representatives and I searched for a new doctor for me to see, but my plan with its high premiums came up empty handed in any database for physicians accepting my health plan aside from one facility in down town Chicago. This distance is not possible for me to accomplish and it seems the outlets for any health care attention through this plan are few and far between.
I remember a time, prior to having health insurance when I would just go to my local health services department to receive health care and I could pay 20.00 and have my needs met and feel like I had some peace of mind when I needed health care. Now I can't do anything except call my provider and talk to more office people about how I have no primary care physicians available to me in my region of Illinois.
Please help me to find relief. I've been facing health problems for many months and I need to see a doctor that is within reach.
I would appreciate this letter being forwarded to any of the proper departments or organizations that might help me.
Berteman

Post by Berteman »

My husband and I live here in Seattle, WA. We are hoping that you might be able to help us get our health insurance up to date and get funds for our health insurance premiums. I tried everything I could to find money to pay the $470 bill,  but we just haven't been able to. We're moving to a less expensive plan insurance plan so that we can afford the insurance in the future, and I'm looking for a higher paying job. Unfortunately, though, with my husband about to start school and no longer working we don't have the resources to pay the past due amount. If there are any resources that you might be able to suggest or any help for health insurance premiums would be such a blessing!
Thank you either way,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Getting health insurance up to date is rare. Very few programs exist for that.
But if you are trying a less expensive plan, that is great. Also look into uninsured health insurance plans, as they can be a great option too. All states offer them.
Berteman wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:07 pm My husband and I live here in Seattle, WA. We are hoping that you might be able to help us get our health insurance up to date and get funds for our health insurance premiums. I tried everything I could to find money to pay the $470 bill,  but we just haven't been able to. We're moving to a less expensive plan insurance plan so that we can afford the insurance in the future, and I'm looking for a higher paying job. Unfortunately, though, with my husband about to start school and no longer working we don't have the resources to pay the past due amount. If there are any resources that you might be able to suggest or any help for health insurance premiums would be such a blessing!
Thank you either way,
Lorde

Post by Lorde »

We have four children, and my husband is out of work this week with no pay and we have no funds to pay the health insurance premium. We have the insurance premium we are going to have to pay out of pocket for the month of January to ensure the insurance coverage does not lapse. My husband has multiple health issues diabetes, extremely high triglycerides, high blood pressure, high cholesterol just to name a few. He is on multiple medications a month and I also have prescriptions I am on for anxiety, restless leg syndrome and migraines. We have not received our second stimulus check and we are reaching out to anyone and everyone that may be able to assist in any way just to help us make ends meet with his check being short this Friday and cut in half on his check in two weeks. We have multiple copays to pay for doctors’ appointments and dentist appointments for our boys this month. Would we be able to be added to a list for any assistance or would you know of somewhere I could reach out to? Any funds to pay health insurance premiums or financial help would greatly be appreciated, and I would be happy to repay the favor once we are able to make ends meet again.