Co-pays for medical needs, including depression

Help with paying medical bills
Olay
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Co-pays for medical needs, including depression

Post by Olay »

I have severe pain from several herniated discs, compressed discs, neuropathy, spondylitis, stenosis and arthritic pain in my neck, thoracic and lumbar spine. At this point I am barely able to walk, however I am unable to afford to see my pain management doctor, or a rheumatologist, or afford my medication to help alleviate the pain.
My psychiatrist is worried as I am severely depressed and am unable to afford "Pristiq", (a $95.00 co-pay.) The "only" antidepressant of the 20 I have tried that works.
I have lost nearly all of my bottom teeth and because of the holes left where food gets caught, I have constant infections.
I am supposed to be on two heart medications, but cannot afford to either see the doctor, who is concerned with the potential of a stroke, or one medication that has a $95.00 co-pay.
I have attempted to get assistance through Needy Meds, and several other potential assistance programs, however none of the medications I need are covered by "any" of the programs that I have been referred to.
mary sue

Re: Co-pays for medical needs, including depression

Post by mary sue »

I need help paying my health insurance co-pays. I do have a good paying job but I am suffering from some health issues and have only been able to work one or two days a week. This has made me get behind and I just need a helping hand with medical co-pays for those health issues. I'm starting to get my health issues under control but now I have the added stress of dealing with everyday living. Please help.
Mr_Smith

Post by Mr_Smith »

Good day. I am 37 year old Nasha of Dominica who fled to here in St. Lucia with my three boys ages (18, 12, and 8) after Hurricane Maria ravaged my island last year. I am now depressed and can't make the co-payment payments. I have been here for 1 year and 1 month.
I've worked part time for three months and a few days here and there.  I suffered a foot injury in the past which prevents me from standing or exerting pressure for long periods of time.
Finding employment where I can sit is extremely difficult and I have never stopped trying.Taking care of three kids as a single parent and sending them to school is very depressing and right now, with empty cupboards I am desperately looking everywhere I can to find help. Do you know of an organization that could help me with a remote job or with groceries or anything to pay for the depression co-pays? Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some places due help with health insurance decutibles or co-payments. But if you are from Dominica, and not a US citizen, then not sure how that will play out. But maybe your 3 boys can qualify.
Mr_Smith wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:39 am Good day. I am 37 year old Nasha of Dominica who fled to here in St. Lucia with my three boys ages (18, 12, and 8) after Hurricane Maria ravaged my island last year. I am now depressed and can't make the co-payment payments. I have been here for 1 year and 1 month.