Bills from kidney surgery

Help with paying medical bills
Da Wilson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Bills from kidney surgery

Post by Da Wilson »

I am a single mom who just had surgery on my kidney. I had to remove my kidney. I found out I had a mass that was cancer. I had that surgery and turn around and found a hernia with a blockage so I had to go back in surgery and now I'm down in the holidays.
I been sick all this year. I stayed in the hospital 1 month and a week. I just got out two weeks ago from the surgery. I don't have known income. I need help. I can't work and my Christmas is ruined for my sons but I'm here thank God. But my sons will be down. Please help me make this wonderful. I live in Centreville MS 39631.
Gloria12

Re: Bills from kidney surgery

Post by Gloria12 »

I and my wife and our blind son are going to be homeless soon if we don't get help somehow! I will be honest in that I have made a lot of mistakes in my past that I can't seem to get around. My unfortunate events have caused me to go serial and I have a lack of trust for anything for many reasons.
My wife had a kidney disease and has had a kidney transplant and was always loosing work due to employers just don't want anyone who has the potential to be out of work due to her immune suppressed system that at any point can cause her to miss work for a number of days sometimes in hospitals for weeks at a time. Our story goes much deeper but for now this is all I'm going to disclose. I'm sure this is going to go nowhere but I'm going to try to get help for these bills from the surgery....anyhow. Please help and God bless!
Peter Sorokaput

Re: Bills from kidney surgery

Post by Peter Sorokaput »

I have been attending University of West Georgia for a little under 3 years. I get student loans, I wouldn't be able to afford rent and bills without them.
A few months ago, there was an incident in which I was almost killed by a 9mm kidney stone that had been growing in my kidney for over 5-6 years. Now I have tons of bills from this surgery. It had blocked my right ureter, causing a severe infection.
One night I went into septic shock and had to go to the ER. The ER doctor told me the infection was so incredibly bad that I would not have survived another 48 hours.
This happened while I was enrolled in classes at the university. It also happened at a very bad time. It was too late for me to withdraw from the classes. I had to have a stint installed into my kidneys and have bills from that too. I could not attend classes and had to have 2 surgeries.
Because of this, I ended up failing all my classes. So, I reached out to the school to see what we could do to get me back in classes. Due to my failing all the classes, there was a $7,800 fee that I obviously couldn't afford to pay. So, I applied for what they called a "Hardship Withdrawal". The application took about 2 months to get approved.
I was told that it would take care of all the fees. Apparently, that wasn't the case. There is now a hold on my account due to withdrawing from all my classes, an unsubsidized loan for a little under $2,000 is causing a hold on my account.
Obviously, I can't pay these kidney bills. My disability is only $785 a month. It's not enough for me to even pay rent.
Please tell me there is some sort of program that can help me pay this fee so I can get back in school.