Disability leading to medical bill and rent issues

Help with paying medical bills
Lewis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disability leading to medical bill and rent issues

Post by Lewis »

We moved from Galion Ohio to Cleveland Ohio in June to aid in caring for my husband's step mom after my husband's dad passed away in August. She had bed bugs and denied it when we moved in. She has since moved out on us and left us with her bugs. In April, I started breaking out in massive hives covering most of my body, and was in and out of local ERs for the first few weeks. I have had massive hives constantly since then. That's when we discovered the bugs.
I have literally hundreds of bumps and scabs covering my body to the point of wearing long pants daily to avoid the uncomfortable looks, comments, and questions. I never know what part is going to swell when, and I sometimes have serious facial swelling to the point of carrying a set of epipens at all times. I've only been at my current job for 4 months (since we moved in), and my credit score is extremely low. This is causing medical bills and other challenges.
My husband has been fighting for disability benefits for the medical issues nearly 5 years with no luck. The place we were in before this last move was a lease with purchase option with room enough for our family and was (and still is) in our budget monthly. We love that area, the neighborhood, and the house we were in. The house is still available and the owner would love to have us back, but since we moved out, she hasn't been able to make the payments on it, and requires 4,000 as a down payment. We can't come up with that on our own and our families are battling their own crises and cannot help there. The community action center there isn't allowed to use their down payment assistance fund to move people into the county, so I need to know if I have a possibility of getting assistance with the down payment to move there? I don't know who to contact about this, but I have hope that you can point me in the right direction.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disability leading to medical bill and rent issues

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Get a new bed or exterminate them. Why is that difficult? Or try an air mattress and toss the bed. There are thrift stores to provide these items, charities that donate them, and more. Just being disabled does not prevent someone from taking those steps. As far as the other resources for the disabled in Ohio, we have information on many state programs. They may help with housing, medical needs, and more, and read more http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _ohio.html
Latricia

Post by Latricia »

Help finding someplace to live, for myself, I am 48 years old and I am disabled. I live on a fixed income of $563 dollars on the third of every month and owe on medical bills and rent too. I have a severe head injury that has left me daily migraines, severe dizzy spells, and severe vertigo. I have to use a four wheeled walker every were I go. Could I please get help as soon as possible? I need to move away from where I live now. Thank you.
Reiner

Post by Reiner »

Sir/Madam, I became disabled in 2000 from an accident while training for the Canadian & Hawaiian Ironman. I was struck by a car while running & sustained fractures, soft tissue damage, but the disability was from Closed Head Trauma (TBI). I have a Biology Degree, CPA & MBA and was a Controller, VP Finance, and GM for 2nd largest construction firm in the world.Because of a divorce, medical & legal bills, I had to use my savings and later my retirement.
I gave up my C/C's in 2002 and am current on my mortgage. I was able to work P/T as a Personal Trainer, Fitness Instructor, Cycling Instructor/Coach & Sports Specific Strength Coach (mid-long-distance running, football, golf) until 2014. In 2013, I was diagnosed with Leukemia, 2014 detached retina required 3 eye surgeries, and in the past 6 weeks, 2 reconstructive surgeries for a tear in the bicep tendon and then a rupture in same tendon.  in Jan 2017, my former employer wrote they were changing LTD Plan and it would continue past my retirement but reneged. I may pursue bad faith breach of contract suit. So as of July 2017 when I became disabled and have medical bills and needs, I liquidated bonds and using savings along with SSI/SSA to make ends meet but will be out of excess funds soon. My home is worth >800K, which is low because I had started RE-NO before 2014 and must finish myself. Outstanding encumbrances ~210-220K. PIT ~1600.00, Medical ~1400.00, Utilities & food ~1000.00 s
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Are you based in the US? As from that list ox expenses you listed, they do not seem to be common for Americans. There are disability loans and programs for Americans, including SSI and many state resources. There are also mortgage programs for the disabled, and you can find them here at low cost loans for the disabled.
Reiner wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:30 am Sir/Madam, I became disabled in 2000 from an accident while training for the Canadian & Hawaiian Ironman. I was struck by a car while running & sustained fractures, soft tissue damage, but the disability was from Closed Head Trauma (TBI). I have a Biology Degree, CPA & MBA and was a Controller, VP Finance, and GM for 2nd largest construction firm in the world.Because of a divorce, medical & legal bills, I had to use my savings and later my retirement.
I gave up my C/C's in 2002 and am current on my mortgage. I was able to work P/T as a Personal Trainer, Fitness Instructor, Cycling Instructor/Coach & Sports Specific Strength Coach (mid-long-distance running, football, golf) until 2014. In 2013, I was diagnosed with Leukemia, 2014 detached retina required 3 eye surgeries, and in the past 6 weeks, 2 reconstructive surgeries for a tear in the bicep tendon and then a rupture in same tendon.  in Jan 2017, my former employer wrote they were changing LTD Plan and it would continue past my retirement but reneged. I may pursue bad faith breach of contract suit. So as of July 2017 when I became disabled and have medical bills and needs, I liquidated bonds and using savings along with SSI/SSA to make ends meet but will be out of excess funds soon. My home is worth >800K, which is low because I had started RE-NO before 2014 and must finish myself. Outstanding encumbrances ~210-220K. PIT ~1600.00, Medical ~1400.00, Utilities & food ~1000.00 s