Bills from knee replacement

Help with paying medical bills
Bradshaw1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Bills from knee replacement

Post by Bradshaw1 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:37 am

I just had both knees replaced. I had been in arthritic agony for the last two years. This is my 3rd operation in two years, and I have exhausted all my savings and monthly income. The new bills are beginning to roll in now, and I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed and panicky with the medical bills.
I am currently employed as a classroom teacher, and thank God I have good insurance. However, I cannot afford my co pays any longer. I am currently in a rehab facility healing and going through 2 sessions of physical therapy a day. Can my situation be considered for some financial assistance at what may be considered a reasonable level? I look forward to hearing from you.

Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Bills from knee replacement

Post by Admin » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:35 pm

There is a non-profit called Patient Services. This organization can sometimes help pay for a co-pay. But it is not common.
As far as the rehab payments, talk to them and ask for a payment plan. that can free up your income for the co-pays. Good luck.

Bradshaw1 wrote:I just had both knees replaced. I had been in arthritic agony for the last two years. This is my 3rd operation in two years, and I have exhausted all my savings and monthly income. The new bills are beginning to roll in now, and I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed and panicky with the medical bills.
I am currently employed as a classroom teacher, and thank God I have good insurance. However, I cannot afford my co pays any longer. I am currently in a rehab facility healing and going through 2 sessions of physical therapy a day. Can my situation be considered for some financial assistance at what may be considered a reasonable level? I look forward to hearing from you.

Wertas

Re: Bills from knee replacement

Post by Wertas » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:22 pm

Hi, last year in February I had a knee replacement, with those bills unpaid, and during the year it got infected 4 times! I've been trying to keep up with everything but medical bills from the new knee are outrageous and I even have insurance! On top of everything else my daughter who lives with me is having a baby today and I have to have my power bill Monday! I can pay some on the 1st of month but they won't extend it! I can't bring home a baby in this heat and don't know what to do!!! Thank you