Help paying for prescriptions

Help with paying medical bills
cindpowell9
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help paying for prescriptions

Post by cindpowell9 »

I lost my job last february.I'm a widow,too young for Social Security,with no children at home. I have been exsistng on a military widows pension of 661.00. Many programs won't even talk to me because its just me! The lady at jobss ans family services sai I was part of the people who fell through the cracks. I have never asked for help and now when I do I'm turned down, if I could find work I would happy to work.Where can I find Help with bill paying and getting my perscriptions untilI can find work? I was fired from my job so I can't draw unemploymet. I live in Ohio.
helper

Re: Help paying for prescriptions

Post by helper »

Here is a resource that will give you info on free prescription drugs and medications. There are many options, from drug companies, state government, and even pharmaceutical companies.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... drugs.html
Laz

Post by Laz »

I have a chronic illness and without my medications my bones will deteriorate and i will be wheelchaired, I live in the knoxville area and I need help with my meds and prescription drugsI can't afford them or even see a doctor, my husband works but we are barely making i with three kids and bills, he don't make enough, is there any program or anything I can do to apply for assistance. right away for the medicail part and possibly help with gas to go to and from those places as well as rent and ult., what is the cash grant program, is that offered where I am. Thank you so much I really need help. also I would like to know more about the eli lilly program for free medications
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Eli Lilly does offer a patient assistance programs that provides free medications to qualified people. It is called the Lilly Cares program. The phone number for it is 1–800–545–6962. Basically dozens of prescription medications and other forms of medications are offered for low to moderate income patients and people who have low income.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tions.html
Laz wrote:I have a chronic illness and without my medications my bones will deteriorate and i will be wheelchaired, I live in the knoxville area and I need help with my meds and prescription drugsI can't afford them or even see a doctor, my husband works but we are barely making i with three kids and bills, he don't make enough, is there any program or anything I can do to apply for assistance. right away for the medicail part and possibly help with gas to go to and from those places as well as rent and ult., what is the cash grant program, is that offered where I am. Thank you so much I really need help. also I would like to know more about the eli lilly program for free medications
Freedoma

Post by Freedoma »

I am a landlord & have a wonderful, responsible tenant (a US Veteran); he recently had cancer surgery & is having difficulty paying for rent & cancer drugs. He served his country and now it is not right that he can't afford his medications for the cancer drugs that he needs. Is there any assistance out there for him?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have you tried patient or prescription assistance programs? Many drug companies offer free or low cost medications for the low income. Veterans can usually get help as well. Drug companies like Merck, Elli Lilly, Abbot and others all offer them. For example, here is info on one from Elli Lilly. I think they are a big cancer drug manufacturer.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/eli ... tions.html
Freedoma wrote:I am a landlord & have a wonderful, responsible tenant (a US Veteran); he recently had cancer surgery & is having difficulty paying for rent & cancer drugs. He served his country and now it is not right that he can't afford his medications for the cancer drugs that he needs. Is there any assistance out there for him?
KKaufmann

Post by KKaufmann »

Hello, I am trying to do some research for my parents about patient assistance programs with helping pay for medical bills and prescriptions. I am not really sure where to turn and ask for help so hopefully you can guide me in the correct direction. They live in MN and joyously have fallen to the pitfalls of there medical bills after doctoring for sometime and we are hoping every thing from here on out is better for them. Let me know what type of information you need from me to help guide my parents in the correct direction.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have many programs listed for patient assistance programs, pharmacy discount cards and other similar benefits. In fact many drug companies offer free or cheap meds to the low-income with very generous income processes. Look here for drug company patient assistance programs.
KKaufmann wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:56 am Hello, I am trying to do some research for my parents about patient assistance programs with helping pay for medical bills and prescriptions.