The Affordable Health Care Act is not paying all my bills

Help with paying medical bills
Osborne
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

The Affordable Health Care Act is not paying all my bills

Post by Osborne »

Hello,
I am now getting a health insurance plan through the Health Insurance Exchange. What I am writing you about is a huge medical bill that I have received due to a three day hospital stay in September of last year. I had a health insurance plan through work but have discovered that it didn't cover the costs that occurred during my hospital stay. I have contacted the hospital and all the other health care providers that I have bills through and even though I tried to get the health insurance I had at the time to help pay, they are refusing and I don't know how much help I can get with the providers. The only answers I've gotten through them was setting up a payment plan.
What happened was after checking with the insurance company and being assured that they would pay for the colonoscopy, I ended up having an unusual polyp. After it was removed, it continued to bleed. It was a very unusual thing and I had to be hospitalized to stop the bleeding.

I have a job that's full-time but I don't earn a fortune. I don't know where to turn to get some help. Anything you can do to assist me would be very much appreciated.
Gamble Huff
anti spam: Blue

Re: The Affordable Health Care Act is not paying all my bills

Post by Gamble Huff »

Hi, I was wondering if you can help us. We are desperate. In December my husband was hospitalized with a tumor behind his knee. He was in the hospital for a week and had to have his whole knee replaced. We have insurance from an Obamacare company. It’s been a month and a week since this all happened and our bills keep piling up as you can imagine, and the ACA is not helping. If you know of anyone that can help us get fought up till he gets back to work we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time.
JoBruce

Post by JoBruce »

Hello. I am in dire need of rent assistance. I've missed at least a third of the past year, due to incompetence of medical care I received through Affordable Care Act. I have a job, and finally got a doctor that was able to heal my foot, but now I'm so far behind on rent, I don't know what to do. I want to get the landlord some money BEFORE he starts eviction proceedings. I live in Woodbridge, VA. Thank you.
Mary Smith

Post by Mary Smith »

Dear Peoples Resource Center,
I have recently had trouble making ends meet (rent) (food) after having to call off of work for several days due to a health problem. I found that the most effective way I could explain my situation was to share the letter I wrote to Access DuPage about the Affordable Care Act. I truly have been unable to see a professional doctor for many months due to Obama care crippling my access to health care.
If you can help me to reach the right people that can help me I would very much be thankful.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, the affordable care act (nor any insurance) covers every single medical bills. We are a capitalist economy...this is not socialized medical care. That being said, you may still have some options, and find medical bill help. Maybe they can cover some of what the ACA will not pay.
Mary Smith wrote: I wrote to Access DuPage about the Affordable Care Act. I truly have been unable to see a professional doctor for many months due to Obama care crippling my access to health care.
If you can help me to reach the right people that can help me I would very much be thankful.
Sincerely,