Losing my hearing and going deaf

Help with paying medical bills
Griffin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Losing my hearing and going deaf

Post by Griffin »

Laid off for a couple months, been doing some work here and there. Got a call that there wasn't enough work for me. I've been putting in applications and not hearing back. My bills are piling up and the part time I have now isn't paying for much.
I really need assistance with just about everything until I can find a full time job and get back on my feet. I think employers are disriminating * losing my hearing and maybe disabled. If there is some way I could get some assistance for mortgage and bills that would help so much, or maybe some type of aid for my disability that would be great. I would only plan on needing it until the end of 2014. Hopefully not even that long. Thank you so much for taking the time to read over this.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Losing my hearing and going deaf

Post by Admin »

If someone is discriminating against a hearing disability, that is illegal. So maybe contact an attorney.As far as your question on the hearing aid, there are some different state and regional programs that can assist with those. those can deaf can get assistive technology, free hearing aids, and more, and here is more information. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
Michelle berryhill

Post by Michelle berryhill »

My Sister lives in Clinton, IL. She has a daughter who is going deaf and who has Down syndrome and is currently in need of a hearing aids. She is unable to pay for such an expense as she works at the post office, so her Daughters Medicaid has been revoked. I am wanting to know if there is any organization or group in this area that may help her to meet this expense. These would be her Daughters very first hearing aids and is very much needed to perhaps help her better in her education/social life. Please contact me with any information that may help my Sister and Niece in any way with this situation so she does not do deaf.
Thank you for your time,
Sincerely,
Maximus12

Post by Maximus12 »

I was hoping to receive some information on some hearing aids for the deaf or losing hearing. I'm a single mother living off disability with a 3 year old and a 5 month old. I'm legally blind and legally deaf. I have USHERS SYNDROME. Hearing aids help me tremendously!! The only hearing aid I have is shorting out on me...I think because of moisture and sweat...and I worry my baby could throw up on it or just  a little bit more sweat is going to kill the sound in my hearing aid...I need it for the simple fact that I don't know how to function without them. I've been so lucky to have both hearing aids all 29 years of my life even when I was and am going deaf. Please can you help me in anyway...I'm desperate. I have a case open and I worry they are going to take my kids because I can't hear. ANY resources would help!!!
Please and thank you!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are legally deaf, blind, and with disabled kids, then there are many resources for you for equipment. States, charities, and other groups will assist. Find the disabled equipment technology that may benefit you, both for hearing aids and other equipment.
Maximus12 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:51 am I was hoping to receive some information on some hearing aids for the deaf or losing hearing. I'm a single mother living off disability with a 3 year old and a 5 month old. I'm legally blind and legally deaf.
Woo-Hoo

Post by Woo-Hoo »

I am twenty right years of age I have three children ages nine, five and six months old. I am legally blind and my vision is getting to a bad point in which I require people to drive me and my children everywhere. I am now also losing my hearing and going deaf. It's a problem that is getting harder and harder to find reliable transportation anywhere and due to my current housing situation living so far put off town it's a problem. I need to somehow figure out. I live in fixed income due to my blindness and deafness and need to find an affordable place that it's in town ideally close to my kids school, Stores, doctors etc.
Please let me know if there it's any help for me. I am um sure of where of how to find a solution to this progressing problem.