Help with paying medical bills
Sterling S
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Collectors calling on medical debts likelihood

Post by Sterling S »

Hi
This may be an unusual question but I wonder can you help me with information or guidance towards who can help me find an answer to my question.
My 18 year old daughter has gone to Boston to work for $400 per week working 5 days, 10 hours per day. This job places her in host home, luckily this host home is feeding her, as the last host home did not. My daughter fell ill with what the hospital thought appendix but it turned out to be kidney infection. She got antibiotic and sent away from the A&E. No stay overnight took place.

My question is the hospital bill came to $697.88. She has no medical insurance and her low income I am afraid what might happen to her. She has a work permit until February 2014 and she then has to return to her home country. I am so scared she would be arrested for non payment and I am a lone parent and unemployed here in England and I also am unable to cover this medical bill. In pure fear as to what will happen. I have to take anti depressants. Can you please help with information as to what she can possible do. A British person she spoke to told her to ignore the bills and just return home. I don’t want her to get into trouble as she is a good girl and has never done wrong. Your help would be so grateful.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Collectors calling on medical debts likelihood

Post by Admin »

Each and every state, including Massachusetts, has laws that protect consumers from debt collectors. This is for medical collections as well. Each state is different, and we do not know the regulations and laws in Boston or MA. Your best bet is to try a local agency, such as credit counselors. You are also talking about more complicated laws as she is a foreigner/has work permit. We have suggestions on the site. Click here.