Medical bill resources for seniors

Help with paying medical bills
High Werd
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Medical bill resources for seniors

Post by High Werd »

I live in Naples, Fl and am finding it very difficult to continue my health care even though I am on a reduced fee/sliding scale at The Friendship Senior clinic. Being a 2 times cancer patient, I am experiencing side effects which are causing me to have frequent medical appointments.
Even though my visits average $35 each, this has become almost impossible for me to continue. I am reaching out to all organizations I can for help, but can find no organization in or around Naples, Fl that may help pay my medical costs. Any help or information that you can provide is appreciated.
Ann Marie

Re: Medical bill resources for seniors

Post by Ann Marie »

I am a 63 year old male. I have no medical and no job. I have approximately 9000 of hospital bills I cannot pay as I had to go into hospital to have a catheter to drain bladder. I take approximately 10 medications daily. Some I have stopped because of price. I’ve had stroke and heart attack and major depression I only get 1600 a month social security and my mortgage is 1800. I need someone to talk to and see if I can get some help, any help would be appreciated. I have no family and I have just about given help. Thanks much.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Medical bill resources for seniors

Post by Admin »

One option is to contact the senior Medical Patrol, or MTP. This is a group of volunteers and even companies that offer free information to seniors on accessing medical care. In particular, they focus on the billing aspects of it, and ensure people are charged correctly. They are called SMPs in most states, and an agency on aging office may be a great resource to call for them. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... atrol.html