Where can I get affordable health insurance from?

Help with paying medical bills
HermanB
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Where can I get affordable health insurance from?

Post by HermanB »

Hi, I am self employed and have no health insurance. I have been searching the internet trying to find how the Affordable Health Care Act has been implemented in Routt County. I haven't had much success. Do you have any information about it? I am 52 years old, self employed, and live at or near the official poverty level, which I think is 15K/year. Any information you could provide that would assist me in getting low cost heath insurance would be greatly appreciated. I do not have any serious, life threatening illness yet, only treatable, pre cancerous skin "spots", however I have found the medications prescribed by the dermatologist to be extremely expensive, and really out of my price range. Anyway, thanks for reading my email.
P Palmer

Re: Where can I get affordable health insurance from?

Post by P Palmer »

Hello my son has been in the hospital and the medical bills and medication bills have really put us in the hole. We did not have insurance as it was not affordable. I am trying to find out if you all are assisting with school supplies and or assistance with clothing. Or where can we get better health insurance from a company that can cover my kids. I am not sure how I am going to get these items for my boys. I can't even pay my water bill or electric right now. I am really worried.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Where can I get affordable health insurance from?

Post by Admin »

That is the million dollar question! Wouldn't we all want affordable health insurance. Some of those recent increases are outrageous, but you can try a Health Care exchange or the government website to shop. Then once you save money on that medical cost it will free up your income for paying other bills. But use this for ideas on affordable insurance. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _plan.html
P Palmer wrote:Hello my son has been in the hospital and the medical bills and medication bills have really put us in the hole. We did not have insurance as it was not affordable.