Medical transfer or transportation assistance

Help with paying medical bills
Wader
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Medical transfer or transportation assistance

Post by Wader »

My family is currently in a tough situation and I'm just looking for advice, or direction. My aunt went on vacation to Florida and suffered a medical problem. 10 surgeries later it's still not fix. She is in critical condition, ICU, and has vacuums and tubes hooked to her. She has been approved to be moved home. Which is in Kansas City Missouri but the cost of a medical transfer is 14000 dollars. We have tried everything we can think of but don't have money like that sitting around. I guess what I'm asking is there any organization or help we can receive for the transfer. Thanks for your time.
NFL1
anti spam: Blue

Re: Medical transfer or transportation assistance

Post by NFL1 »

There is a conference coming up in December. My daughter suffers from a rare condition called Batten Disease. They are doing studies and research. He may be able to participate. Doctors and counselors are coming from all over the world to help these kids and their families. But I just don't have the funds to take her and get a room at the hotel to stay over night a few nights if I did take her to Ohio. Their is also a group of doctors coming from India that would love to study her. They are working on a trial treatment for her type of illness. I have a vehicle in good running status. I just can't afford food, room, and gas. I can afford some of the cost. But not all. I have about half. Which is 700. I need another 700. Either in the form of gas voucher or pay for my hotel room for a few nights. Please this isn't a joke. Please contact me soon. Thanks. I only have till October 25th to get my room reserved.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Medical transfer or transportation assistance

Post by Admin »

Maybe, but that is a long way...many states. You can try senior transportation programs or look into a disability service. Some hospitals may have charity care and/or transportation too. So inquire there. Or at least ask the hospital for advice at the very least.
Wader wrote:My family is currently in a tough situation and I'm just looking for advice, or direction. My aunt went on vacation to Florida and suffered a medical problem. 10 surgeries later it's still not fix. She is in critical condition, ICU, and has vacuums and tubes hooked to her. She has been approved to be moved home. Which is in Kansas City Missouri but the cost of a medical transfer is 14000 dollars. We have tried everything we can think of but don't have money like that sitting around. I guess what I'm asking is there any organization or help we can receive for the transfer. Thanks for your time.