Variable billing medical care

Help with paying medical bills
Daniels
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Variable billing medical care

Post by Daniels »

Hello, I am currently unemployed awaiting SSDI. I recently went to the ER. I currently have the CICP card / Colorado Indigent Community Provider which they use a grade scale. I was told I could go to Denver Health or University Hospital for ER. Come to find out the charges are based on sliding scale and being that I live out of Denver County. The charges for the ER $300.00 I called and spoke with the billing department they were not willing to work with me, they want first payment by 10/01/2012 I explained to them I am currently awaiting SSDI check 10/25/2012 At this time I do not have health insurance, I was told that I have a hernia I was also told I was looking at 1 year from now my name was put on a waiting list. With SSDI there is a 2 year waiting period for Medicare coverage from the date I was awarded SSDI.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Variable billing medical care

Post by Admin »

Many places do offer that variable billing on medical bills to lower income patients. But normally that needs to be arranged before care takes place, which sounds like maybe you did not do. Yes, SSDI will also not take care of this. Even if you get approved, which most people are rejected. So look into the health programs we have listed, and find details medical assistance.