Medicare not pay for all my medical bills

Help with paying medical bills
hansenfamily3
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Medicare not pay for all my medical bills

Post by hansenfamily3 »

I'm sorry, at my witts end, & starting to grasp at straws, my husband's leg was amputated, has medicare which only covers 80% of prostetic, our prostetatis cut the ded. from 7,800 to 4,800 but still struggling w/how to come up with that..going to ask our church to do a fundraiser, there'll be 3 payments of 1,600 so we should be able to cover the 1st - just trying to figure where to go from here... God bless, Keyport, NJ 07735
MarryM

Re: Medicare not pay for all my medical bills

Post by MarryM »

I'm going to be off work because I'am having major surgery and i really need help with the bills while off. Government Medicare does not pay all my bills. I' am married and my husband had recently been diagnosis with schizoaffective disorder. He's waiting to see if he's being approved for SSDI while waiting i've been taking on the bills alone and it leaves us with no money to live from one week to the next. He hasn't been able to work more than two days a week i am afraid to have surgery because i am afraid we will lose everything.
Biden

Post by Biden »

I am writing because I need help finding out what is available to help with my recent medical bills. On June 15th I had a motorcycle accident and ended up in the trauma unit in Dallas Texas. We had no medical insurance at that time except for my Medicare part A. All of the outstanding bills are from the Doctors, and all the follow-up clinic and rehab bills I have accrued. These bills total almost $40,000.00. Can you guide me to anything that could help. I have looked on line and it is incredibly confusing and frustrating to find anything.
Gump
anti spam: Blue

Post by Gump »

I found your web site. I am confined to a wheelchair. My Medicare paid 100 % on a motorized chair for me. However they wont pay for anything to transport it in my vehicle. I have a mini van. Would like to have a carrier for the back but would be satisfied with just some ramps to get it up in the van with. Medicare won’t pay for either one and I can’t afford either one. Was wondering if I could get some help with one or the other. Thank you for your time and trouble.
PaulRyan1

Post by PaulRyan1 »

I am in financial ruins due to multiple hospitalizations. Myself and my son having foot surgery in November--we have a high payment to the Texas Buy-In Medicaid Program, which is necessary, but doesn't fit into our budget. I need an attorney to represent me in Dallas to enforce the Court Order for his father to pay Medical Insurance premiums which he refuses to do. I am on disability and I am being hit with MANY bills for my 20% due after Medicare pays their part of my medical expenses. I am unable to work, the same with my son. We had no Christmas, it was very depressing. I am really looking for rental assistance for this month so I can catch my breath and organize the many bills I have due related to my medical expenses. I have 5 medications due for refill right now.....I take over 20 medications a day. Several of my medications are NOT covered my by Part D medication insurance, which is also due--I have a payment for Medical supplies due....I could go on and on--it's crazy--I am having a difficult time handling all this responsibilities and have been suffering severe depression because I can't find a solution. The household income, my Social Security Disability, my son's RSDI and child support puts us above poverty level, but the extreme financial obligations I am faced with every day right now, well, it is impossible for me to figure out how to pay what--when!! I also need Legal assistance, but the case is filed in Dallas County and thus far I have been unable to reach anyone who is able to help me without over $600 to start the process of trying to get child support orders enforced--i.e.--the father is responsible and court ordered to pay medical insurance and half of unpaid medical expenses, which he refuses to do...Please, if you can help in any way, contact me Sincerely.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we are not certain about handicap accessible ramps, the state of New Jersey, and organizations in it, do have various medical programs for the uninsured and people who have bills that are not covered by Medicare. One in particular is known as equipment distribution, and the phone number is 800-792-8339. Maybe try them. Or the agency may be able to refer you to another agency. More information can be found here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... r_uni.html
DJack

Post by DJack »

Thank you for your recent emails about contacting the United Way to get information about organizations that may be able to offer financial assistance to pay my past due medical bills as well as Medicare expenses. From the list that United Way gave me (Salvation Army, Partnership for Community Action, St. Vincent De Paul, Sullivan Center, United Methodist Church, First Baptist Church, etc.) non can get. But none of these services offer financial assistance for past due medical bills!
I am at my wit end because it seem like these organization will only help you with rent, utilities, and food, wish is very good, but not Medicare or medical bills. I am disabled and on a fixed income where I don't have enough money to pay all of my house hold expense without juggling a couple of bills each month to at less get most of my bills made on time; thus I don't see how I can pay these past medical bills.
When I spent 10 days at Grady on 2 occasions totaling over $300,000.00, Medicaid paid those bill on a "Spent-Down" special Medicaid program where they would pay large medical bills for me after I have made arrangement to pay the first $1300.00 for six months or until I am eligible for Medicare. But this $658.00 bill for Psychical Therapy, Orthopedic Doctor visit, X-rays, to have my stitches remove, and to see my primary care doctor, they will not cover because it do not meet the criteria of the "Spend Down" qualification.
They all offer we help paying these bills if they get behind, which seem to me that they are saying to let your mortgage or utilities bill get behind a couple of months to pay those medical bills and then call us back to get financial assistance paying the past due rent, mortgage, or utilities bills!
What other suggestion or advice do you have for me or am I going to have to make some hard choices!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If Medicare paid your (or anyone's) entire medical bill, the country would have been bankrupt decades ago. This benefit was never intended to be 100% of every single bill. There is no way the government could afford that. Why would anyone ever work if that was the case as well? It sounds like you need to read up on what Medicare benefits can or can't do. Then try calling the Psychical Therapy office, doctor, etc. and ask for payment plans or fee reductions. Claim poverty. Good luck!
DJack wrote:but not Medicare or medical bills. I am disabled and on a fixed income where I don't have enough money to pay all of my house hold expense without juggling a couple of bills each month to at less get most of my bills made on time; thus I don't see how I can pay these past medical bills.
When I spent 10 days at Grady on 2 occasions totaling over $300,000.00, Medicaid paid those bill on a "Spent-Down" special Medicaid program where they would pay large medical bills for me after I have made arrangement to pay the first $1300.00 for six months or until I am eligible for Medicare. But this $658.00 bill for Psychical Therapy, Orthopedic Doctor visit, X-rays, to have my stitches remove, and to see my primary care doctor, they will not cover because it do not meet the criteria of the "Spend Down" qualification.
Aaple

Post by Aaple »

I was wondering do you have a program where you can help me with being able to get Medicare help or things like that. I've been out a year now on my own sincere the Matthew hurricane. I've moved into a yea trailer and the bills are taking over the last 5 months when my car got in the shop had put me behind on my car payment and making my rent get behind. Not to mention we need medical help and Medicare is not enough for us right now. Right now, I'm behind on rent, medical bill due. And my job has cut hours. and I'm not sure how I can get my kids presents. Their dad is not in their lives and they just have me to get them things. Thanks again I love in ROBESON county. Lumberton NC