Page 1 of 1

Medical bill assistance

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:31 am
by PapiaCar
We live in Des Moines, Iowa. I don't know if you can help me or not, or maybe you can tell me if there is any kind of help for us. My husband is in desperate need of both of his knee's replaced. We have medical insurance from his work, but we have no kind of insurance for him being off of work. He would be off of work for at least 8 weeks. I also work full-time, but my income alone won't cover house payment, truck payment, and utilities. Is there any kind of help that we can get so he can get his surgery?

Re: Medical bill assistance charity organizations

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:08 pm
by Admin
There are several national and state charity organizations that offer access to free health care and provide other medical bills assistance. Poke around this site and you will find a ton of resources that can help.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cha ... bills.html

Re: Medical bill assistance

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:04 am
by jeana.tucci
I am a 38 year old female.I have 5 kids and my husband and I have been together for going on 20 years. Recently my husband had been hospitallized because his appendix bursted. He stayed in the hospital for 10 days. Thanks to God he is ok. But now we are having trouble paying the bills. It is a month later and we cant seem to catch up. Right now i am without gas, and yesterday they came to turn off my light.I dont know what to tell the kids. Im trying my best to do the right thing, but i cant seem to get myself together. I feel like im going to loose my mind. All i want is to get my power back on. So if any one can relate to what im saying just tell me what should i do.

Re: Medical bill assistance

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:58 am
by hetrickmic
I am in need of assisstance. I was in the hospital in mar.09, and racked up a hospital bill for almost 13,000.00 dollars and I was jobless and had no insurance. I applied for med,assistance and because of there mess up i cant go back on my 3 months to have them pay the bill. I have sent them the bills and they tell me I don't qualify for that month this new program that Florida has (access). I cant get a hold of any one human to talk to no-one answers the phone on the customer phone line here it is aug. going on september and i cant get help.now the bills have been sent to the creditors I could swear that i signed a paper in the hospital claiming hardship, but I cant be sure

Re: Medical bill assistance

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:59 pm
by junlin_oki
I am an american living overseas working with deaprtment of defense. I have accumulated a huge amount of medical bills and I am having a hard time trying to figure out how I can pay it. Is there any type of assistance or charity that could help me. I am not a resident of any state. I live in OKinawa japan. Please guide me in the right direction. Thank you.

Disability from MS

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:47 am
by MarryM
I am on disability due to MS, I have 2 children 7 and 11 my husband was laid off in April and we are running out of rope. Medical bills are high and income is low. For almost 6 weeks I have been trying to contact the council on aging and catholic charities. I have spoken to progress energy, the salvation army, human services, my hospital and NEAR. I don't know where else to go. I have a disconnect notice for the 9th of this month. My power has not been turned off yet but I am terrified they will show up at any moment. My email address is; any help or suggestion would be so greatly appreciated. Thank You,

Re: Medical bill assistance

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:16 am
by Admin
There are several ways to get help with hospital and medical bills and debts.You can ask the doctor for a charity care program, try to consolidate your medical debts, try debt settlement, and even a credit counselor. Go to the main site and look for your options there. Here is info on debt consolidation.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _debt.html
hetrickmic wrote:I am in need of assisstance. I was in the hospital in mar.09, and racked up a hospital bill for almost 13,000.00 dollars and I was jobless and had no insurance. I applied for med,assistance and because of there mess up i cant go back on my 3 months to have them pay the bill. I have sent them the bills and they tell me I don't qualify for that month this new program that Florida has (access). I cant get a hold of any one human to talk to no-one answers the phone on the customer phone line here it is aug. going on september and i cant get help.now the bills have been sent to the creditors I could swear that i signed a paper in the hospital claiming hardship, but I cant be sure

Re: Disability from MS

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:19 am
by Admin
So is it medical bills you need help paying, or your other expenses. There are tips and tricks to applying, and certain steps to take in the process. Such as how to enter into debt payment plans, who to contact at the hospital and doctors office, and other tips. Sorry to hear about the MS. Keep faith and things will get better, and take advantage of programs and free health care out there.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... l_bil.html
MarryM wrote:I am on disability due to MS, I have 2 children 7 and 11 my husband was laid off in April and we are running out of rope. Medical bills are high and income is low. For almost 6 weeks I have been trying to contact the council on aging and catholic charities. I have spoken to progress energy, the salvation army, human services, my hospital and NEAR. I don't know where else to go. I have a disconnect notice for the 9th of this month. My power has not been turned off yet but I am terrified they will show up at any moment. My email address is; any help or suggestion would be so greatly appreciated. Thank You,

Medical bill assistance for surgery

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:43 am
by Mikey1
My daughter Jillien has SLE Lupus. In June 2010 they removed both of her kidneys. She is now receiving dialysis 3x's a week. I lost my job due to my child being in the hospital from March thru July 3, 2010. I am backed up on my rent and now these medical bills. I need help for paying for her treatment and surgery. I don't want on top of all that Jillien is going thru, to worry about being homeless. All my bills are paid except my rent, and these medical bills which I expect to soon receive from my doctor. This year I could not even shop for my childrens back to school clothes. And now they are being made fun of in school. Please Help.
Thank you in advance.
Cordailly

Re: Medical bill assistance for surgery

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:12 am
by Admin
So is it just the medical expenses you need help with for our daughter and her Lupus? If so, have you ever heard of the federal government agency known as Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)? They offer numerous types of medical and health care. For example, get access to checkups and immunizations for your children for any illness, prescription medications and drugs, and other aid with bills and debts. Here is more info for you.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fre ... esour.html
Mikey1 wrote:My daughter Jillien has SLE Lupus. In June 2010 they removed both of her kidneys. She is now receiving dialysis 3x's a week. I lost my job due to my child being in the hospital from March thru July 3, 2010. I am backed up on my rent and now these medical bills. I need help for paying for her treatment and surgery. I don't want on top of all that Jillien is going thru, to worry about being homeless. All my bills are paid except my rent, and these medical bills which I expect to soon receive from my doctor. This year I could not even shop for my childrens back to school clothes. And now they are being made fun of in school. Please Help.
Thank you in advance.
Cordailly

Re: Medical bill assistance

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:52 pm
by Shannahan
Help with paying past medical bills, I barely can pay for gas for my vehicle to get to work, with only $430 every other week. I live at home still and I'm 30, I had to stop going to school because I just couldn't handle the stress. I do suffer from a TBI (traumatic brain injury) since August of 2007. I don't know if is qualify for anything but I figured it was worth a try.

Re: Medical bill assistance

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:03 pm
by SueH
I am involved in a custody dispute with my ex-husband over our son who has Aspergers. I am paying attorney fees and paying all the hospital and doctors' bills from my son’s hospitalization for double pneumonia last spring. I don't have the money for next month's utilities or car payment; however, I would be grateful for assistance keeping the utilities on. I am a school teacher, so I don't know if I would qualify for any help. Many thanks.

Re: Medical bill assistance

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:17 am
by Memories
To Whom This May Concern,
I am a college student at Wright State and on February 15, 2013 as I was going to class I slipped and fell. My friends had to take me to the hospital. I cut open my chin and had to get seven stitches. Now I have a Doctor bill I don't know how to pay. I work at Wright State but what I make barely covers my rent, food, and gas. I am wondering if you can help me pay this Doctor bill $335.43? I don't know who to go to, my Father is disabled and my Mother is working to keep up with their bills that they can't help. Hope and praying for a answer.

Re: Medical bill assistance

Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:38 am
by Admin
We would assume since the medical bill is so old that the collection process may have started by now. Note, you do have rights. Most states have consumer protection laws in place to ensure you are treated properly. A collector can only do so much when dealing with you, so read about on that. Here is information on laws for consumers. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... aws_s.html

Re: Medical bill assistance

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:51 am
by Arrington
To Whom It May Concern,
I was asking for prayer and information on my Facebook and it was recommended to look with Catholic Charities for help concerning my mom and her medical needs. She's a nurse whose last job was under a contract which ran out and was not renewed. Since then, she's been looking for employment but unfortunately has been out of work now for almost a year. I've been trying to help her as much as I can, but the fact is, I'm a full-time student working at McDonald's and I just can't do much.
She is behind on medical bills, her lights and water have now been shut off and though I managed to use a credit card last time to restore them, I don't have anything left this time. I'm concerned for her with winter approaching and I really don't know where else to turn. I got her to go to the food stamp office and employment security commission, but she's in a waiting game now and in the meantime, still without. I'm desperate to find some help for her health care. I'm happy to provide any additional information that's needed. I'm hoping you have something available that can help out even if it's another ministry or organization. I very much appreciate it.