Medical bill help for a veteran

Help with paying medical bills
JordyNelson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Medical bill help for a veteran

Post by JordyNelson »

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer. My husband a Vietnam Veteran whom is totally disabled is required to use oxygen all the time. Our utility bills are high and medical bills are mounting. Frank was in the hospital in 2/12 and also on 3/23. He worked for a company 30 years and had no insurance just Medicare. We need help ASAP. Thank you for your time.
Stewwe

Re: Medical bill help for a veteran

Post by Stewwe »

Dear Sir/Madam,
How are you Sir/Mam. I hope you are all in good condition. I am blessed that I was able to find a light of hope upon seeing' that your organization is helping people specially the elderly and veterans. Sir/Mam I just want to ask help from you...not for myself but with a close friend of mine living in Ohio, he is a 61 years old single man who at his age still works as a cleaner in a church. We chat last time and he told me he is sick, I ask if he is going on medication but he told me he don’t have money and insurance. My heart felt like it’s going to explode because I know he’s not feeling well at the moment...I just want know if you will be able to help him. Thank you again and God bless.
Newport

Post by Newport »

Hello, I am trying to find assistance for a man who needs help in paying medical bills not covered by the VA. He lives in Baltimore County, MD.
He is receiving a disability pension from the Veterans Administration, but they will only cover hospital and doctors bills that are for treatment given in a VA hospital. He has had to be taken by ambulance to a non-VA hospital multiple times because the nearest VA Hospital was to far away. The bills amount to about $ 8,500.00.
Any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many people may now know it, but there is the medical hardship program for veterans. Sometimes this will cover medical bills in a private hospital or clinic. Payments for an ambulance are not as common, but check in with the VA Medical Care hardship program to try to apply. Maybe some of that $8500 can be covered.
Newport wrote:Hello, I am trying to find assistance for a man who needs help in paying medical bills not covered by the VA. He lives in Baltimore County, MD.The bills amount to about $ 8,500.00.
Happygolucky

Post by Happygolucky »

Hello, I am trying to find assistance for a man who needs help in paying medical bills not covered by the VA. He lives in Anne Arundel County, MD.
He is receiving a disability pension from the Veterans Administration, but they will only cover hospital and doctors bills that are for treatment given in a VA hospital. He has had to be taken by ambulance to a non-VA hospital multiple times because the nearest VA Hospital was to far away. The bills amount to about $ 8,500.00.
Any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated.
Mr. Seltzer

Post by Mr. Seltzer »

Dear Sirs/Madames,

I was married to my Vietnam veteran husband for 25 years and we have medical bills. He went through many health issues over the years. Of course, diabetes or he would have retired after his two tours, left leg amputation in 1999 with sepsis and many complications following. He developed Mesothelioma, had a stroke, and previous to his death in May we found out how very weak his heart was and he became septic and had the other leg amputated. He should have been 100% disabled for at least the last 15 years of our marriage but did not file for anything as he felt he would be miss treating his precious Army. He was more than just a soldier as his many medals and letters of commendation attest to.
Because of his refusal to ask for benefits, I am struggling to attain DIC benefits. I recently moved to Florida to be near the little bit a family I have left.
We lost our 28-year-old son to a fentanyl overdose March 17, I lost Jon May 9, and my only brother three weeks ago. I work full-time (not sure how I'm doing this) but without John's income, I am just not making it. I have had to utilize the emergency number several times as my heart is shattered. My rate of pay in Florida is the same as Ohio but the cost of living is so much higher. I also got a moving company who Lost, damaged, or stole almost all of my belongings. I don't understand why the military is fighting me so hard on this. I'm in terrible pain emotionally to the point that my heart hurts physically many times in dealing with the veteran and medical bills. One of Jon's DD 214's was lost in a basement flood, the military copy lost in the St. Louis fire and no one will go into the archives to get it. I have no fight left and I'm afraid of becoming homeless because rent is so high.
Thank you for any help you can give me in finding help. I am in Pinellas county Florida. Clearwater.
Thank you again just for being there!
Sincerely,