Insurance didn't cover medical bills

Help with paying medical bills
Vestas
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Insurance didn't cover medical bills

Post by Vestas »

Hello I have a question with health benefits. I was just currently in a accident which cause a knee issue with my right leg. I had to get surgery in order to be able to walk again. I have health insurance under Golden Rule under UnitedHealthcare Company, but it seems as though they are very unhelpful to me. My hospital bill came to be $6000 in total and I still have more hospital visits to make. I contacted the hospital and asked if they could help me and they gave be two options which were 1 consolidate my payment into monthly payment or 2 apply for aid from the government. I applied for federal aid and got denied. I really have no idea why how i could possibly be denied while I am making less then $25000 a year. Also the hospital made a payment plan of $475 a month which is impossible for me to make since I just graduated college and am making student loan payments , car payments, and rent payments which in the end I am left with little to nothing for other bills. Is there anything that could help me? My hospital bill went to collection agency and they are no help to me. Please if you know of w better way please email me. I really would appreciate just help thank you so much.
bluegourami3

Re: Insurance didn't cover medical bills

Post by bluegourami3 »

Don't sweat the medical bills. I have had plenty in my lifetime and even though they may show up on your credit report, it only can stay on for seven years. Also, don't let anyone talk you into consolidating into a loan. Make sure to get a copy of your hospital bill and go over it a fine tooth comb. Hospitals have been known to key in the wrong codes and charge people for services never performed. Most insurance companies the ratio of insurance to person responsibility is 80/20 so 20% of 6000 is only 1200.00 dollars. If you don't want this to be on your credit report for now, as long as you send 1.00 per month, you are making payments and cannot be turned over to collection nor reported on a credit report.

You can also, write a letter to the hospital, credit bureaus, and collection agency, declaring hardship.
Kelly_Ryan
anti spam: Blue

Post by Kelly_Ryan »

Are any of these offered in the state of Hawaii? My sister has high blood pressure and no insurance due to her husband’s company dropping spousal medical. Due to the economy, he has not been working f/t at his job for awhile, and collects partial unemployment. My sister also suffers from Meniers disease, has had back surgery to fuse her bones, and is in constant pain. She needs to be monitored for her high blood pressure, and cannot afford this due to no medical. She has been told they do not qualify for any state assisted programs even though he only grossed 29,000 last year. They are church going people, do not drink or any chemical issues. They just need help.
Silver Eagle

Post by Silver Eagle »

I am 45 years old and live in Bismark north Dakota. I have been ill for the last several years and have been unemployed for over two years. In July 2012 I was found to have several illnesses including: herniated deformed heart valve, psoriasis and psoratic arthritis, chronic migraines and a very low immune system. After finding out how sick I was and that I required open heart surgery and may never be able to work again, my Husband demanded a divorce in September 2012. We were Divorced just yesterday. Before the Divorce was finalized, my husband only paid me a minimal amount that did not cover are bills. Now that we are Divorced he pays me nothing and I have no medical coverage for the surgery I need, or the prescriptions I require. I have applied for disability but have been told that it could take up to three years to receive benefits. I bought my first and only home as a single mother three years prior to marriage and now am about to loose everything I worked so hard as a single mother to achieve. I cant pay the mortgage, I cant make the payment on my only vehicle, I cant buy food, pay utilities or debts. Until this month he has sent me just enough to cover mortgage and phone plan that he WAS on, and just enough that I could not get help from anyone. At this time I owe just over $5000.00 in past due bills, not including the recent heart tests and other medical bills I have accumulated trying to get better. I have applied for help with the medical bills but as of yet, have had no success. In total I owe $150,000.00. The stress of trying to find help for my past due bills and all the bills that will continue to come monthly is literally killing me!!! PLEASE, I NEED HELP!!! PLEASE SOMEBODY, ANYBODY HELP ME!!! I will provide any verification needed to validate my need! PLEASE HELP! I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME AND HOPE!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have dozens of programs listed for people with limited health insurance. Now they may not pay your entire bill, but they will cover some costs or offer some free medical care. Things like heart surgery won't be covered as those are very extensive, but other more minor conditions can be addressed. Most of the underinsured programs are run by non-profits such as the Chronic Disease Fund. They won't help with a $150,000 debt...we can tell you that much. Click here more information.
GogoJill

Post by GogoJill »

I'm writing to you to ask if you could in any way help a family. The man had a cyst in his pancreas was hospitalized for weeks and they have a bad insurance policy. He is also an amputee he couldn't work. Same time their son became ill had to move back in he is still ill. Their other son is a diabetic.
They have drained all money due to medical bills. They are struggling terribly they have no family. If there is anything you can do to help this family they would appreciate anything. Their address is in Bethel Park PA, I know its late I'm just trying to help them have a nice Christmas. Thank you God Bless.
Maher

Post by Maher »

I have health insurance through my work. I have several large medical bills where everything was not covered through insurance. I need help paying the companies still owed money. Can you direct me to the correct agencies so that I can inquire as to if I qualify?
I would appreciate any help you can offer.