Cobra insurance

Help with paying medical bills
LuisDe
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Cobra insurance

Post by LuisDe »

Hi, I live in San Mateo, California and I have a question. I have been out of work since August 1, 2011 and signed up for Cobra. I suffer from asthma, depression and Migraine. so I needed to get Cobra. I tried to get it on my own because it was much cheaper but they sent me a letter and declined because of all my medical problem.So I had to go with Cobra rates. It was with Kaiser and that is who I have though Cobra. I have been with Kaiser for over 20 years and have my psychiatric and my neurologist for my chronic migraines. I get unemployment which is $1800.00 a month my rent is $1600.00 a monthly my Kaiser bill is $479.00 a month so I have been charging it to my credit card so they will not cancel me. I am always late because I cant afford it. I received a letter from Kaiser 12/28/11,They stated I will be canceled March 1, 2012 if I don't pay them $1007 for December 2011 and Jan 2012, So I put it on my credit card. Sorry for the long story but what I am trying to get at is I need help with my health insurance bill and I have been looking really hard to get a job and one with health care would be great but I am having no luck. I was just wondering if you or if their is a program out their that can help me until I find work. I am getting really scared that I will not be able to afford my health care and will have to cancel and without my prescription I would not be able to function right. Please let me know if their is anything you anyone else that can help me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Cobra insurance

Post by Admin »

You may want to look into credit counseling in California for those medical bills. A non-profit agency can not only help with credit cards, but also medical expenses. Then once you deal with those, I am sure that Kaiser would be much more willing to work with you and may not cancel your health insurance, and also the state of California may have additional programs for you. A good resource of agencies is here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cal ... eling.html So they can also direct you to longer term self-sufficiency programs too to help you find a job and new employment. So hopefully these options will help you deal with those debts.
LuisDe wrote:Hi, I live in San Mateo, California and I have a question. I have been out of work since August 1, 2011 and signed up for Cobra. I suffer from asthma, depression and Migraine. so I needed to get Cobra. I tried to get it on my own because it was much cheaper but they sent me a letter and declined because of all my medical problem.So I had to go with Cobra rates. It was with Kaiser and that is who I have though Cobra. I have been with Kaiser for over 20 years and have my psychiatric and my neurologist for my chronic migraines. I get unemployment which is $1800.00 a month my rent is $1600.00 a monthly my Kaiser bill is $479.00 a month so I have been charging it to my credit card so they will not cancel me. I am always late because I cant afford it. I received a letter from Kaiser 12/28/11,They stated I will be canceled March 1, 2012 if I don't pay them $1007 for December 2011 and Jan 2012, So I put it on my credit card. Sorry for the long story but what I am trying to get at is I need help with my health insurance bill and I have been looking really hard to get a job and one with health care would be great but I am having no luck. I was just wondering if you or if their is a program out their that can help me until I find work. I am getting really scared that I will not be able to afford my health care and will have to cancel and without my prescription I would not be able to function right. Please let me know if their is anything you anyone else that can help me.
BLoyd

Post by BLoyd »

Your site has a cobra subsidy page. I called my cobra provider and she said the program is expired. Is this true? Please contact me if so. Is there another cobra subsidy available? I'm currently unemployed and disabled and need my cobra for chemo treatments and I am looking for some help financially to help pay part of my cobra.
Thank you for your assistance,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, the Cobra extension was offered during the recession, and it has ended. But there are other low cost insurance plans to try. Why they are not as cheap, they may be options for you. They can cover chemo due to new Obamacare information on pre-existing conditions, and much more is addressed too. Read more low cost insurance plans.
Espinoza1

Post by Espinoza1 »

Your site has a Cobra subsidy page. I called my Cobra provider and she said the program is expired. Is this true? Please contact me if so. Is there another Cobra subsidy available? I'm currently unemployed and disabled and need my cobra for chemo treatments and I am looking for some help financially to help pay part of my cobra.
Thank you for your assistance,
Puth

Post by Puth »

Good afternoon
My name is Antonio C Wallace, I am currently on COBRA insurance and now I am of in need of assistance to help pay my COBRA premiums due the COVID-19 crisis.
Can you please assist me with getting help with my premiums?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There may be grants for paying Cobra policies. Find how ti get government grants.
While they are hard to get and have conditions, such as income, disability, etc. maybe you can look into them.