Can't pay medical bills without help

Help with paying medical bills
Suzanne
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Can't pay medical bills without help

Post by Suzanne »

I have Medicare but am not financially able to catch up on the bills for the twenty percent I have to pay. I applied for Medicaid and was told I have to keep making over 10k in medical bills to receive any help. I cannot sleep at night which is making my condition worse. Help! I can't afford supplemental coverage either. I don't want to file bankruptcy or lose my house. But I just may lose my mind. I've got Polycythemia and a heart condition.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Can't pay medical bills without help

Post by Admin »

For any existing medical bills and debts you may owe on, we usually suggest non-profit credit counseling first. They can help consumers get back on track with bills and debts, whether medical, credit card, etc. Find a listing of New Jersey credit counseling agencies. For medical care in general, things like free medications, health care, and other aid then you can find those here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... bills.html That link is for more general information and ideas.

Suzanne wrote:I have Medicare but am not financially able to catch up on the bills for the twenty percent I have to pay. I applied for Medicaid and was told I have to keep making over 10k in medical bills to receive any help. I cannot sleep at night which is making my condition worse. Help! I can't afford supplemental coverage either. I don't want to file bankruptcy or lose my house. But I just may lose my mind. I've got Polycythemia and a heart condition.
Rosser

Post by Rosser »

My wife's name is Lisa and she has cardiovascular disease which has led to other complications. I am her primary care giver which means that I can not work a full time job. We are a single income family with two small children at home. Co-pays and D.R. visits leave us financially drained on a monthly basis and as a result, our water has been disconnected. If your organization can or if you know of anyone that can help us, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and god bless you. Sincerely,
Pam Redder

Post by Pam Redder »

Good morning, My father is 52 years old and he is handicap. He uses a wheelchair and unfortunately because of his condition he have an open wound, he have the Medicare and many doctors don’t receive the Medicare. Not to long ago he had the Medicaid insurance that covered only 20%. So he went to a wound clinic and he was seeing a doctor and she prescribe him all kinds of test to see if the wound was not infected when he when to do it they told him that it was not going to be cover because he don’t have the Medicaid. But since we were aware that he does have it he did all the test. The result it was that he have wound infection and he need to be treat it, he star to have these big medical bills not only for the test but even from the past when he was hospitalized. He has been trying to look for help to see if he can qualify for a full Medicaid or some other help but they say that he don’t qualify. My mother is the only one that is working and she doesn’t get enough money for my father not to qualify but we cant do anything. I live with my parents. I am unemployed also and I am a single mother with a 8 year old. I am trying to help my father in anything that I can but it is difficult. That is why we are searching for help in anything that we can. He needs diapers and help with the medical bills. We also want to see if we can qualify with some mortgage payments. I will really appreciate if any charity will help us with our needs. Thank you very much.
Berman

Post by Berman »

I just got off active duty this past October after serving 9 years in the Army. I work 2 jobs. I am a bus driver at my college and I am in the Ohio army national guard and a full time student. On Monday night I was riding my bicycle home from work and I was struck by a SUV they broke my tibia (right leg), fractured my pelvic bone (left leg) and I have stitches on my leg and head. I was rushed to a civilian hospital because there are no VA ER services in the town I live in. Well now I am being discharged today and the VA told the case worker here at the hospital that they aren't going to cover my medical bills. What can I do? Both my jobs are part time and right now I am unable to work because of my injuries. Help any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While there is no direct financial aid for paying medical bills, you can try a free credit counselor in Tennessee. If you are working 2 jobs, are a veteran, etc. you have shown the dedication to work hard to improve your life. These counselors (or a local VA office) may help you enter into a payment plan with the civilian hospital or get other support. In the meantime, rest and get well.

Berman wrote:I just got off active duty this past October after serving 9 years in the Army. I work 2 jobs. I am a bus driver at my college and I am in the Ohio army national guard and a full time student. On Monday night I was riding my bicycle home from work and I was struck by a SUV they broke my tibia (right leg), fractured my pelvic bone (left leg) and I have stitches on my leg and head. I was rushed to a civilian hospital because there are no VA ER services in the town I live in. Well now I am being discharged today and the VA told the case worker here at the hospital that they aren't going to cover my medical bills. What can I do? Both my jobs are part time and right now I am unable to work because of my injuries. Help any advice would be greatly appreciated.