i need a mri but even with insurance can't afford

Help with paying medical bills
charmedone
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

i need a mri but even with insurance can't afford

Post by charmedone »

My left arm has been killing me for 3 months, they gave me a cortisone shot (didn't work). My ortho says that i need a MRI. I had scheduled it, but had to cancel when they called to tell me since insurance deductible hadn't been met i need 340.00 :shock: in order to get it....I'm literally sick to my stomach-The ortho says the need for it is immediate to determine what is going on, but i can't afford that--my husband and i live on a tight budget (he is the only one that works) and can only afford the basics. Ive asked and payments are not accepted, I have never felt so lost in my life. HELP!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: i need a mri but even with insurance can't afford

Post by Admin »

While we are not sure if they will offer MRIs (some may and others may not) try contacting your local clinic. Even if they don't offer MRI they may know who does. Many have sliding fee scales so they only charge what people can afford to pay. Find a listing of clinics by state here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/free_clinic.html
charmedone wrote:My left arm has been killing me for 3 months, they gave me a cortisone shot (didn't work). My ortho says that i need a MRI. I had scheduled it, but had to cancel when they called to tell me since insurance deductible hadn't been met i need 340.00 :shock: in order to get it....I'm literally sick to my stomach-The ortho says the need for it is immediate to determine what is going on, but i can't afford that--my husband and i live on a tight budget (he is the only one that works) and can only afford the basics. Ive asked and payments are not accepted, I have never felt so lost in my life. HELP!
Jennifer Baker

Post by Jennifer Baker »

I have medical bills from a previous back surgery and the MRI.....hospital & the doctor bill. I am now facing another back surgery and that will add to the expense of the hospital, MRIs, anesthesiologist & doctor bills.
I live on SS retirement, which is barely enough for me to live on as it is.
I have put off taking on a part time job (I am limited to how much I can earn......not much, let me tell you) until I have this next back surgery done. What can I do? How can I pay these medical bills and still stay afloat and pay my utilities, phones, food for myself & companion service dog, gas for my car, insurances & other bills? Is there any help for me and if so, what is it? :
Thank you for your assistance paying for the MRI as I do not have insurance. I don't know what else to do.....my credit is not good due to a divorce, my ex has passed away (guess that makes me a widow now) and I had to file bankruptcy, which is now been paid for and finished since last year. Please help me. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe enter into a payment plan on the other MRI bills from the hospital. We can also help people find affordable health insurance as well. Everything fro mthe state to community clinics, charities, and other groups may be options for you. We have tons of places listed on the site...good luck. Also, if you are over the age of 55 and you age eligible for Medicare? What is your age?
Jennifer Baker wrote:I have medical bills from a previous back surgery and the MRI.....hospital & the doctor bill. I am now facing another back surgery and that will add to the expense of the hospital, MRIs, anesthesiologist & doctor bills.
I live on SS retirement, which is barely enough for me to live on as it is. Thank you for your assistance paying for the MRI as I do not have insurance. I don't know what else to do.....my credit is not good due to a divorce, my ex has passed away (guess that makes me a widow now) and I had to file bankruptcy, which is now been paid for and finished since last year. Please help me. Thank you,