Left military due to Diabetes

Help with paying medical bills
BicycleRider
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Left military due to Diabetes

Post by BicycleRider »

My husband had to retire from the Army because of Diabetes Type 1. We have four children at home, and I am working full time, but do not make very much. We are in the process of waiting for both VA disability and SSI disability. My husband has been looking for work, but nothing has come through yet. We are not able to pay our taxes or utilities. Is there anywhere I can apply for help until we hear something from either institution?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Left military due to Diabetes

Post by Admin »

Ask for installment plans for taxes and utilities while you are waiting on disability and SSI. Veterans and families with children do usually get more support. In addition, use this for extensive information on programs to help pay taxes. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... taxes.html Has information on income taxes, property, and much for, and advice for veterans too. Thank you for your service.
BicycleRider wrote:My husband had to retire from the Army because of Diabetes Type 1. We have four children at home, and I am working full time, but do not make very much. We are in the process of waiting for both VA disability and SSI disability. My husband has been looking for work, but nothing has come through yet. We are not able to pay our taxes or utilities. Is there anywhere I can apply for help until we hear something from either institution?
Shades
anti spam: Blue

Re: Left military due to Diabetes

Post by Shades »

I'm writing because I'm in desperate need of help. I have been taking care of my mom and dad (who have diabetes), my kids, and my younger sister’s kids for about four years now as she is in the military. My older sister passed away in 2015, and that same year we found out that my dad had stage four stomach cancer in addition to being diabetic. He was doing all he could but the Cancer was doing more.
At the beginning of this year he got really sick and couldn't do anything at all. I had to do it all. I wasn't going to let my dad go wanting for anything, therefore a lot of my bills went lacking for his. He passed away in April, he left an insurance policy that my uncle was paying for him, and he promised my dad that he was going to give the money to my mom and me, but he took the money and left us high and dry, and now my mom has no income coming in at all, even from SSI due to her diabetes.
I'm being evicted from my house on Tuesday because I've gotten so far behind on my bills. I really do need to move to Dallas to be with my mom, but no one will give me a chance at financing a house for me. My kids probably won't have a birthday this year because I'm going to have to put all of the money towards hotel rooms so that they will have a roof over their heads. All I need is someone to give me a chance. I really do need help right now. This is not a joke, this is mine and my family’s life right now. If it's anything at all that you can do. Thanks so much.