Only get disability so behind on bills and rent

Help with paying medical bills
Apex
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Only get disability so behind on bills and rent

Post by Apex »

I had an injury at work, a lung burn (chemical pneumatitus) from Chemical exposure. Workers comp denied the claim, I was off work for 4 weeks total with no short term disability or income benefits. I am now unable to pay my rent for November. I have no savings as I was out of work all of 2010 with out unemployment benefits. I returned to work 2 weeks ago but cannot pay my rent due to my lost 4 weeks worth of pay and other unpaid bills. I don't know where else to seek help for December's rent.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Only get disability so behind on bills and rent

Post by Admin »

Will your landlord provide you more time since you will be working soon and will be able to resume with rent since now working again. Most landlords will be flexible, as they do not want to evict someone, risk having an un-leased apartment, etc. Also look into some charity or agencies, as usually they will have funds for people with an income. Find more assistance with rent and different types of programs to call.
Apex wrote:I had an injury at work, a lung burn (chemical pneumatitus) from Chemical exposure. Workers comp denied the claim, I was off work for 4 weeks total with no short term disability or income benefits. I am now unable to pay my rent for November. I have no savings as I was out of work all of 2010 with out unemployment benefits. I returned to work 2 weeks ago but cannot pay my rent due to my lost 4 weeks worth of pay and other unpaid bills. I don't know where else to seek help for December's rent.
Rippenea

Post by Rippenea »

This email is NOT for me personally, but for a member of our church. Her son is an adult now, and is on total disability. He had to have a leg amputated when he was 12 years old. Now, he is needing to get a new artificial leg. Since he has only disability, the insurance will pay only 80% of the bill. He has no funds to pay the additional 20%. Could you please send me some information that I might forward onto his Mother to get him help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is so sad to read. We are so sorry. We will be thinking of the 12 year old, and as far as the 20%, since he is a kid there may be charity programs for the medical bills. As some charities do offer heath care, and find
charitable financial aid programs that may help with the amputation.
Rippenea wrote:This email is NOT for me personally, but for a member of our church. Her son is an adult now, and is on total disability. He had to have a leg amputated when he was 12 years old. Now, he is needing to get a new artificial leg. Since he has only disability, the insurance will pay only 80% of the bill. He has no funds to pay the additional 20%. Could you please send me some information that I might forward onto his Mother to get him help?