TX Hospital Dallas Regional

Help with paying medical bills
What to do
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

TX Hospital Dallas Regional

Post by What to do »

My husband is a truck driver he was in TX and had a heart attack. He stopped and called 911. The EMT took him to Closest hospital he did not know where to tell them to go. 3 Days later he has a total of bills $99,391,51. The advocate for the hospital told me they do not have an indigent care program that the hospital is a Private Hospital and has no programs that can help reduce or help lower our bill. We lost our insurance 4 months ago when the State hospital I was working to closed. I have 6 months left of school and we thought we could make it without insurance until then, since we never used insurance for the past 6 years. Now my husband will not be able to return to driving until Feburary. Is there anyone that can help??? I do not know how to handle this. In GA where I live there are programs to help uninsured. We also have no income now and need help keeping car / electric /food. Can anyone help me?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: TX Hospital Dallas Regional

Post by Admin »

We checked around, and usually you need to ask for reduced rates or charity medical care before, or at time of surgery and medical condition. Asking after 100K in bills make it very difficult. Like asking for a discount after buying a product. But you may have some options. Try a medical billing advocate. While they can help find medical billing errors, they can sometimes help negotiate lower fees too. Here is some general background on medical billing advocates.
However, and even better option may be a non-profit credit counselor. While many focus on credit card debts, they can sometimes help with medical debts too. Here is information on Texas credit counseling.
What to do wrote:My husband is a truck driver he was in TX and had a heart attack. He stopped and called 911. The EMT took him to Closest hospital he did not know where to tell them to go. 3 Days later he has a total of bills $99,391,51. The advocate for the hospital told me they do not have an indigent care program that the hospital is a Private Hospital and has no programs that can help reduce or help lower our bill. We lost our insurance 4 months ago when the State hospital I was working to closed. I have 6 months left of school and we thought we could make it without insurance until then, since we never used insurance for the past 6 years. Now my husband will not be able to return to driving until Feburary. Is there anyone that can help??? I do not know how to handle this. In GA where I live there are programs to help uninsured. We also have no income now and need help keeping car / electric /food. Can anyone help me?
Globemaster
anti spam: Blue

Re: TX Hospital Dallas Regional

Post by Globemaster »

I am living in Dallas Texas and I need assistance in paying some medical bills. I tried to go through DSHS but was denied assistance
I am on fixed monthly income. I am also hearing impaired.
Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.