charity hospital care

Help with paying medical bills
Perkins
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

charity hospital care

Post by Perkins »

To who may concern,
Some days ago I sent an email but I did not receive answer, please, could you help me?
Last April my mother went to Atlanta GA, to visit her brothers and sisters (we live
in Mexico City). They had more than 12 years without see each other because my
uncles and aunts are in the states illegally.
My mother and father are not rich but after many years they got their visa. Visiting
Atlanta my mother got sick and needed to visit a hospital. There, the doctors had to
practice a cholecystectomy and she recovered her health. After that she received the
bill (around $80,000!!). As I said, she is not rich but she started to pay ($
100/month).
She recovered her health and return to Mexico. 2 weeks ago a sister of her received
a call from the hospital. They want $ 4000 in cash and $800 every month!! She wants
to pay but don’t have that money.
People from hospital told her that if she don’t pay the money they will report the
debt to Credit Bureau and she may lost her visa. She wants to pay and doesn’t want
to lose the visa.
We know that hospitals have charity programs but told my mom that she was a tourist
and she can’t apply to the program.
What can we do? Please help me! I don’t know what to do!
Respectfully,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: charity hospital care

Post by Admin »

Well, no sure if it matters if she is a tourist or not. We think as long as income is low enough, no matter whether immigrant, tourist, etc. a hospital or clinic will provide help. Get extensive information on Georgia free community clinics, including who to call in Atlanta, the addresses, and the application process. Each is committed to offering free or low cost health care. For example, call Health Education, Assessment and Leadership at 404-564-7749 or the Center Hill Health Center at a phone number of 404-699-0509.
Perkins wrote:To who may concern,
Some days ago I sent an email but I did not receive answer, please, could you help me?
Last April my mother went to Atlanta GA, to visit her brothers and sisters (we live
in Mexico City). They had more than 12 years without see each other because my
uncles and aunts are in the states illegally.
My mother and father are not rich but after many years they got their visa. Visiting
Atlanta my mother got sick and needed to visit a hospital. There, the doctors had to
practice a cholecystectomy and she recovered her health. After that she received the
bill (around $80,000!!). As I said, she is not rich but she started to pay ($
100/month).
She recovered her health and return to Mexico. 2 weeks ago a sister of her received
a call from the hospital. They want $ 4000 in cash and $800 every month!! She wants
to pay but don’t have that money.
People from hospital told her that if she don’t pay the money they will report the
debt to Credit Bureau and she may lost her visa. She wants to pay and doesn’t want
to lose the visa.
We know that hospitals have charity programs but told my mom that she was a tourist
and she can’t apply to the program.
What can we do? Please help me! I don’t know what to do!
Respectfully,
vianey

Post by vianey »

Hello!
I have a problem with medical bills and NJ Family Care. I have 3 kids, my family is low income and my kids have a NJ Family Care insurance . On December 2013 I have receive a letter from NJFAMCARE chrity program.
It's time to renew your family's health insurance policy. Please review this form........ Mail all pages of your application in the enclosed envelop. Your completed Renewal Application and all supporting documentation must be received by 03/10/2014. If you do not mail it in, your family will be disenrolled from NJ Family Care effective 03/31/2014.

On December 11, 2013 my 36 month old child had a convolution . Emergency took him to hospital. He stayed there for 2 days and at hospital I find out his insurance is determinate. I thought It some mistake, because it should happen on 07/31/2013. On December 20, 2013 I sent whole documents , application to NJ Family Care. I have a letter that on December 24 , 2013 NJ Family Care receive my application. On November 26, 2013 I receive a letter From NJFAMCARE that the members ( 3 of my kids) are eligible for this program and approvals for all of them. Coverage started December 1, 2013.
On January I received his medical bills from hospital. From January I am calling to NJFAMCARE, I made a 3 requests for coverage for paying medical bills. In NJFAMCARE telling me that insurance determinate on December 31, 2013.
and they can not pay that medical bills..... I don't know what I have to do . I don't understand why his insurance was determinate on May? My family is low income, my kids have insurance coverage but I can't use it when I need it. Can you advice me what I have to do to resolve this problem. NJFAMCARE ignoring me at all.
Thank you so much!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well we of course can't speak for the state state of NJ and their health care program. You will need to contact them and make inquires. But there are phone numbers and uninsured programs too that you can try. They are noted here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ured_.html
vianey wrote:Hello!
I have a problem with medical bills and NJ Family Care. I have 3 kids, my family is low income and my kids have a NJ Family Care insurance . On December 2013 I have receive a letter from NJFAMCARE chrity program.
It's time to renew your family's health insurance policy. Please review this form........ Mail all pages of your application in the enclosed envelop. Your completed Renewal Application and all supporting documentation must be received by 03/10/2014. If you do not mail it in, your family will be disenrolled from NJ Family Care effective 03/31/2014.

On December 11, 2013 my 36 month old child had a convolution . Emergency took him to hospital. He stayed there for 2 days and at hospital I find out his insurance is determinate. I thought It some mistake, because it should happen on 07/31/2013. On December 20, 2013 I sent whole documents , application to NJ Family Care. I have a letter that on December 24 , 2013 NJ Family Care receive my application. On November 26, 2013 I receive a letter From NJFAMCARE that the members ( 3 of my kids) are eligible for this program and approvals for all of them. Coverage started December 1, 2013.
On January I received his medical bills from hospital. From January I am calling to NJFAMCARE, I made a 3 requests for coverage for paying medical bills. In NJFAMCARE telling me that insurance determinate on December 31, 2013.
and they can not pay that medical bills..... I don't know what I have to do . I don't understand why his insurance was determinate on May? My family is low income, my kids have insurance coverage but I can't use it when I need it. Can you advice me what I have to do to resolve this problem. NJFAMCARE ignoring me at all.
Thank you so much!