Unpaid hospital and medical debts

Help with paying medical bills
Keefer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Unpaid hospital and medical debts

Post by Keefer »

i need help pay my light, car insurance,car payment. i am behind and my man has surgery his heart with pacemaker. Medical bills and debts are killing us. Hospital being not fair. we not sure what to do at this point but file for bankruptcy, but we do really want to pay our medical and other bills.
Rouse

Re: Unpaid hospital and medical debts

Post by Rouse »

i was taking care of my elderly father who was struggling with cancer at that time we were using oxygen tanks and breathing machines to help him with his illness at that time i occured a utility bill that me and him shared monthly in the home my dad passed away last month and my new bill came and i am begging for a one time help with paying this bill please someone any one out there that came help me please e mail me back thank you
Irene

Post by Irene »

Hello,
I live in Montgomery County Maryland. I was involved in a bad car accident last summer that wasn't my fault and as a resulted I accumulated about $3000 in medical bills from my hospital stay. I cannot pay all of it and need partial assistance. I am not insured and would like to get any help possible. Please let me know of any place that can assist me in paying this bill.
Thank You
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

If has cancer, there may be some grant programs they can use. Some non-profits provide grants and other aid for cancer patients. Our list of grants for medical bills can be found here. Find programs and options for Nursing homes, Prescription medicine, and all sorts of cancer expenses and needs.
Rouse wrote:i was taking care of my elderly father who was struggling with cancer at that time we were using oxygen tanks and breathing machines to help him with his illness at that time i occured a utility bill that me and him shared monthly in the home my dad passed away last month and my new bill came and i am begging for a one time help with paying this bill please someone any one out there that came help me please e mail me back thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Our debt collectors calling you for those medical debts and bills. The state of Maryland, including Montgomery County, have laws, rules, and regulations that can protect consumers from debt collection tactics and scams. While you may need to pay off the bills over time, there is no need for you or anyone to be harassed while you work towards that. Find a listing of medical debt collection laws, including things such as protections against balance billing and laws that protect against illegal financial assistance.
Irene wrote:Hello,
I live in Montgomery County Maryland. I was involved in a bad car accident last summer that wasn't my fault and as a resulted I accumulated about $3000 in medical bills from my hospital stay. I cannot pay all of it and need partial assistance. I am not insured and would like to get any help possible. Please let me know of any place that can assist me in paying this bill.
Thank You
NilaP

Post by NilaP »

My state is Mississippi. I have been working for two years and so has my husband, and also I am a full time college student, we can't afford to add our children to our healthcare because we don’t make enough to pay for healthcare and cover our bills, gas, groceries, shoes and clothes. I recently took my daughter to the hospital because she had a very high fever an now I have her hospital bill and mines to pay. I am having a very hard time just trying to stay ahead because the state says we make to much to receive food stamps or Medicaid for our children. If there is a program that could help me pay off these two hospital bills I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have you tried to look into some of the clinics in Mississippi? the state has a number of locations that people can turn to for free medical care, and some of these locations may even help with existing bills and you can sign up for charity care. Basic services can usually help with fevers and some of those other conditions you mentioned. Read more Mississippi clinics.
Ver Dict

Post by Ver Dict »

Dear Representative:

I am writing today with an urgent question. My wife and I were recently granted a 100% hardship ruling for outstanding hospital bills through Ohio Health in Columbus, Ohio. This is great, however, I now am in a quandary about a matter that lingers after this ruling by special committee. My wife applied for financial assistance almost immediately upon receiving an outstanding balance for an emergency room visit for myself. We were never told by customer assistance at Ohio Health that we didn't have to make payments on the bill while we were going through the application process with the hospital. In fact, we initially set up a $250.00 per month payment plan and then had to call and lower it to $100.00 per month. Customer assistance was quite reluctant to lower the payment. I finally had to become quite bold in my speaking and explained to them that out of an $11,772.05 total bill, only $1,350.00 was remaining. I explained that my wife and I were already skimping to be able to pay the $100.00. We were giving up life necessities such as food to try and pay our portion of the hospital bill. Unfortunately, the application for assistance was initially denied and my wife reapplied for the decision for assistance go to a special committee. This has taken over a year to be completed. In the mean time we have been forced to pay $100.00 per month with the threat by Ohio Health of the bill being sent to collections if we skipped a payment. At no time during this entire process were we ever told we did not have to make a payment while the application process was being completed. Finally this week my wife received confirmation that we were approved for 100% assistance. We feel that since we were granted this assistance the $1,200.00 paid should be refunded. As of yesterday, the customer service department has informed my wife that Ohio Health NEVER refunds payments that have already processed. In my mind, this is unfair and dishonest. Also, my wife began the process of acquiring assistance after a conversation with a customer service representative at Ohio Health. She was informed that a letter of hardship could be used at any Ohio Health facility. The amount awarded would be used unilaterally at all facilities. To our dismay, customer service informed her this week that the hardship only applies to any current outstanding amounts. We only owed a remainder of $125.00 our of $11,772.05. Could you please advise me as to my rights in this situation or to whom I should address this problem? I would very, very appreciative if you could give me some sort of guideline in this matter. With sincerest intentions,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thank you for the detailed information on the medical bills and what Ohio Health is doing to you. The laws and regulations for each state vary widely, so we can't tell you what your rights are. In general though, hospital bills are not very aggressively pursued by doctors or hospitals. They don't want the bad PR and hospitals are generally more willing to work with patients on medical costs. We suggest you talk to a professional, and maybe an advocate or negotiator. They will only charge you a cut of what they save. Get more information on negotiators and their services. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ators.html
Halperin

Post by Halperin »

I am from Aberdeen MS and I have 4 kids. My son went in the hospital about a month ago.. He went in for a simple surgery just to get tubes put in his ears and while trying to put him asleep his oxygen levels drop and his right lung collapsed.. He had to be Airlifted to Jackson MS. There he states 2 days in ICU and one day in a regular room... Thank God he is OK... Now I'm stuck with like 40,000$ in hospital bills... Can you please get me some help!! Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Credit counseling agencies that are non-profits in MS may help you. Not only may they advise on the 40K in hospital bills, but they may direct you to an insure program too for future use. Like maybe the ACA for a low cost insurance options.
Halperin wrote:I am from Aberdeen MS and I have 4 kids. Now I'm stuck with like 40,000$ in hospital bills... Can you please get me some help!! Thanks.