Applying for medical assistance

Help with paying medical bills
Wader
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Applying for medical assistance

Post by Wader »

Hello. I am interested in applying for medical assistance for my family. It is myself, my husband, and my two children. I also was interested in applying for food stamps. My husband and I are both working full time up until two weeks ago when my husband got laid off. He was the sole income and now we are living on only my income and it is not near enough. Can you please help me with what exactly I need to do and which I need to talk to. Thank you very much!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Applying for medical assistance

Post by Admin »

Food stamps, pantries, SNAP and TANF, and other options exist to help people get free food for them and their families. Many are government run, some are offered by churches and charities, etc. Find a listing of food assistance programs that you can apply for. The main site also has details on medical assistance.
Wader wrote:Hello. I am interested in applying for medical assistance for my family. It is myself, my husband, and my two children. I also was interested in applying for food stamps. My husband and I are both working full time up until two weeks ago when my husband got laid off. He was the sole income and now we are living on only my income and it is not near enough. Can you please help me with what exactly I need to do and which I need to talk to. Thank you very much!
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Have recently been put on short term disability for generalized anxiety disorder and for chronic pain due to my endomitriosis. I need help with my rent and need to apply for some type of medical assistance. I live in a 2 bed apt I just loved into. I also need help with my prescriptions for my diabetes and high blood pressure as well as some tests that need to be done for adrenal gland tumors. I am on short term disability through the 1st of the year wich is when my dr will reevaluate my symptoms. Please let me kmow how I can get some help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While there are a number of ways to get free medications, not sure if they will cover your needs or not. You will need to look around to the various medical programs and drug company offerings. Regardless, find the prescription medication programs as well as who to call for help, how to apply, etc. Here is the best summary of free prescription programs and drugs for you. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... drugs.html Call around and ask about the Patient Assistance Programs from drug companies.
Mustang wrote:Have recently been put on short term disability for generalized anxiety disorder and for chronic pain due to my endomitriosis. I need help with my rent and need to apply for some type of medical assistance. I live in a 2 bed apt I just loved into. I also need help with my prescriptions for my diabetes and high blood pressure as well as some tests that need to be done for adrenal gland tumors. I am on short term disability through the 1st of the year wich is when my dr will reevaluate my symptoms. Please let me kmow how I can get some help.
Antonio Brown

Post by Antonio Brown »

In March 2012, my mother, was diagnosed with atrophy and multiple degenerative disc disease which is causing excruciating pain. Atrophy is causing my mom’s arm to weaken and wither. The collapsing disc and bone spurs are causing nerve damage and chronic pain in her neck, shoulder and arm. She is losing physical ability and range of motion. She has severely impacted vertebrae which causes pain and inability to sit for periods of time. She has to fight to get treatment because she lost her job of 12 years and her health insurance. Now, she has to worry about pain and medical bills.
Stewarz

Post by Stewarz »

Trying to help our niece who missed all last year of his life Hospitalized in two hospitals. He was in Michigan then in Boston's children’s. Had central lines methotrexate and multiple other medicine has severe unrelenting IBD crohns or UC indeterminate. Her mom had just lost her job and two other sons are in rehab for drug use. He made it home but has been hospitalized and is now home schooled Double dose humira and high dose steroids If it doesn't respond they are talking maybe she needs to go to mayo in Minnesota. We have shouldered the burden of cost for them. Medication, gasoline, insurance, food, shelter, auto, clothes, and on and on. We have exhausted our ability to continue to contribute. The car needs new transmission and insurance is due in a month 445.00. They have to get to MD appointments, school, etc. We really want to help but if you could give anything to help we would be very grateful. Please help us or direct us to someone that can.
Judd Alexis

Post by Judd Alexis »

Lost my job two years ago. Would have already went back to work except during that time I had a heart attack and am still trying to recover from that and my daughter became ill for several months requiring 24 hour care. Right now the only income I have is 303.00 child supports. I have medical bills stacking up. I have plenty of medicines I now need to pay for, utility bills, house payments. Everything I have applied from the state has pretty much been a waste of time. Food stamp office gave us 33$ for a month, child support seems to knock us out of everything else even though we don’t always get the child support. It has been a mess and by shear luck we have held on this long...but we are at the end I am out of options, no one else to ask for help and nowhere else to turn.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry, so why was this posted in the medical bill section if you need help with those bills? Regardless, we have thousands of resources listed on the main site. For those conditions, such as Crohns, and for those hospitals including Boston Children's, you may just want to use our main site for health and medical costs. That can be found here. There are countless programs for medications, health care, and more offered. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
Newport

Post by Newport »

I am looking for assistance for our utilities - heat, electric and water, as well as medical. My husband has been out of work for over a year and I am on disability. We both get retirement but we have 3 children to support. Our biggest issue is my eldest child is a diabetic and has been hospitalized 4 x this year. Her bills are running 100,000 in debt.

Our electric right now total owed is 800.00+ and we barely have food money for a diabetic daughter as well as trying to get her medicines. Without Medicaid she cant see a doctor as we have no way of paying and we are unable to get her medicines. Your help, or at least a direction to head in would be appreciated. I am afraid for my daughters health. My social security barely covers my mortgage and we are unable to move due to the expense.

Please contact me via email and I will call.
Rachel Fight

Post by Rachel Fight »

I had been jobless for quite some time, recently I was given a part time job, but due to those years of not having a job I have accrued quite a sum of debt. My job payments barely cover electric, water, and communications, with a little left over for food and transportation needs. My past property taxes are getting high plus the current taxes, a judge gave permission to collections to take what they want for past medical bills, and also the gas company is threatening shut off if not paid $200.00. This does not even begin to scratch the others that have more patiently been lying in wait like school and mental health services.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You went through court then if a judge? If so, may be tough. Try legal aid...if you did not do that in court. Another options is to try the medical debt assistance programs, all of which may assist you too. Or at least they are an option

Rachel Fight wrote:I had been jobless for quite some time, recently I was given a part time job, but due to those years of not having a job I have accrued quite a sum of debt. a judge gave permission to collections to take what they want for past medical bills,