$80,000 medical bill

Help with paying medical bills
softgen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

$80,000 medical bill

Post by softgen »

I have a big problem. I live in Mexico, * my mom. She went to Roswell, GA last May to visit her brothers and sisters. They had almost 15 years without see each other. She is not rich, she only wanted to see her family, so she save some money for a long time to go to the USA. Unfortunately she may sick there and had to visit the hospital (North Fulton Regional Hospital). She needed an appendectomy and they realize it. She told them that had no money, she is 61 years old, no work and my dad is retired but regardless of this the bill is $ 80,000.00 American dollars. That’s an unpaid bill, however she was paying $100 boxes every month, but now they want $4000 in cash and $800 every month. She doesn’t want to lose her visa but she can’t pay the bill. What can we do? Please help me!! *Sorry about my English!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: $80,000 medical bill

Post by Admin »

When she goes to Georgia again to visit family, have her use a free Georgia community clinic. Many nurses, doctors, and medical professionals offer free health and/or dental care to immigrants and others, and no one is turned away from help. Roswell GA has a clinic too.
softgen wrote:I have a big problem. I live in Mexico, * my mom. She went to Roswell, GA last May to visit her brothers and sisters. They had almost 15 years without see each other. She is not rich, she only wanted to see her family, so she save some money for a long time to go to the USA. Unfortunately she may sick there and had to visit the hospital (North Fulton Regional Hospital). She needed an appendectomy and they realize it. She told them that had no money, she is 61 years old, no work and my dad is retired but regardless of this the bill is $ 80,000.00 American dollars. That’s an unpaid bill, however she was paying $100 boxes every month, but now they want $4000 in cash and $800 every month. She doesn’t want to lose her visa but she can’t pay the bill. What can we do? Please help me!! *Sorry about my English!
Povidence
anti spam: Blue

Re: $80,000 medical bill

Post by Povidence »

Hi,

I am e-mailing in regards to my father. My father is a very sick man that was required to go on Dialysis in December of 2013. He only had one kidney and it has stopped functioning. He has qualified for Medicare as a secondary insurance and between his regular insurance HUMANA and Medicare, his bills are being paid now. However, before he was accepted by Medicare, his dialysis bills totaled to $65,788.50 between 4/29-6/15 of 2013 and he has received a second bill for $23,390.67 for the dates of 6/24-6/28. My father can not afford to pay this. He is retired and just turned 50 years old (30-31-1963). He was diagnosed with a vascular disease in February and he has had to have both legs amputated and his fingers are now showing spots of dead tissue. What little income he has, is used to pay his every day bills. Since, he does not have legs, he is going to need sitters and other care which is going to be an additional cost. My father has had 4 amputations and 4 surgeries in the past year. Is there anyplace he can get help paying these two bills? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,