finding assistance paying medical bills

Help with paying medical bills
sab0402
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

finding assistance paying medical bills

Post by sab0402 »

I live in Bolivar, MO & in February I was hospitalized for 10 days & had surgery for an obstructed bowel. I am a stay at home mom since our third daughter was born in November 2010. (Yes, she was just 2 1/2 months old when all this happened :( ) I have been looking online to try & find help paying these bills that are piling up. We have insurance & they have paid their part, but I cannot afford what they didn't pay. When I search online to find help, I keep going in circles. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Please!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: finding assistance paying medical bills

Post by Admin »

I think call the hospital or doctor and ask about payment plans. Many times they are flexible. Or ask about charity care at the hospital. Usually difficult to get that after the surgery though.
Other options may include settling medical debts, or consolidation. Look into medical debt settlement programs and options. Also use the navigation bar on the left for medical debt and medical bills. There are hundreds of programs, community clinics, phone numbers, and tips and tricks to get help with debts and bills on the site.
sab0402 wrote:I live in Bolivar, MO & in February I was hospitalized for 10 days & had surgery for an obstructed bowel. I am a stay at home mom since our third daughter was born in November 2010. (Yes, she was just 2 1/2 months old when all this happened :( ) I have been looking online to try & find help paying these bills that are piling up. We have insurance & they have paid their part, but I cannot afford what they didn't pay. When I search online to find help, I keep going in circles. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Please!
Genevieve1956

Post by Genevieve1956 »

my name is Genevieve and i have been out of work for over three years I became disabled because of several surgerys
The first one was because of a bouched Foot surgery and several knee surgerys and winding up with two knee replacements
I have three herneated disk in my lower back and have been deemed disable I have no income and no way to pay all the medical bills
I have I desperatly need help with this problum and getting some kind of income till I can get my disability if there is some one out there that can help I will be grately appreseateive

sincerely
Genevieve Hobb
Genevieve1956

Post by Genevieve1956 »

to any one who can help I have a friend who has cancer and is married with a small child
her husband is out of work and there about to loos there home she is try to finish her schooling
but has become week and has a lot of really bad days she is under a grate deal of stress
her Dr told her she needs to go on a kidney machine because her kidneys are failing if some one
could help this family it would be greatly appreciated

sincerely a friend
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are various agencies, non-profits, and charities that can help cancer patients. A listing of cancer assistance programs are on the main site. There are options like the CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation, Patient Advocate Foundation Co-Pay Relief Program, as well as HEalthWell. Each of these provide help for cancer patients, funds for paying bills and providing equipment, and many other cancer support programs.

Genevieve1956 wrote:to any one who can help I have a friend who has cancer and is married with a small child
her husband is out of work and there about to loos there home she is try to finish her schooling
but has become week and has a lot of really bad days she is under a grate deal of stress
her Dr told her she needs to go on a kidney machine because her kidneys are failing if some one
could help this family it would be greatly appreciated

sincerely a friend
Handler

Post by Handler »

Hi, I am 18 years old with a husband and child. About two weeks ago me and my husband got our own place to live. I was working at picture portrait studios and he was working at the seven eleven. My husband and my 8 month old baby boy both are having surgery so my husband is not able to work. On top of that picture me portrait studios closed down with no warning so now I don’t have a job either. We have about 800 dollars in bills to pay. Over 1000 dollars in hospital bills because I did not have insurance. I have no money for gas, groceries or anything the baby needs. I also cannot afford a phone right now to contact anywhere about a job. I’m at a total loss right now and could really use some advice. Any information on how I might be able to get help would be well appreciated.
ShannonW

Post by ShannonW »

I'm over my head in medical bills. I'm on social security disability with a small income. I had three surgeries in a year I cannot pay them sending each one a small payment adds up I have to live too I just cannot do it. Please help me.
Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

did you indicate you live in Florida? If so, try one or more of the Florida medical bill assistance programs, which range from advocates to credit counseling as well as other support. Or try a disability advocate. But either way, your small income will not support much in the way of paying medical bills.
ShannonW wrote:I'm over my head in medical bills. I'm on social security disability with a small income. Please help me.
Thank you.