Elder care

Help with paying medical bills
Johnston
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Elder care

Post by Johnston »

Hello - I have a question because my mother in law is almost 85 but she has had hip replacements etc - but she is in pain allllllllllllllll the time and will not take pain pills unless she really really feels she needs them - hearing nightmare stories of people getting addicted and doctor's helping them do it - sad - we are in favor of not taking them - but we are wondering what programs are out there for a family member to move in with her and take care of her 24/7/365 because she WILL NOT go to a nursing home - more nightmare stories - and it would KILL HER - we all know that - so could you please advice for the future - for now she lives alone and is still driving - but the day is coming -she even has been going to the YMCA for 50 years - 4 to 5 days a week and just a week ago - since she had her hip redone the doc said to goooooooo get out get moving butttttttttttt she did some there and won't be able to go back because her pain is sooooooooooooo much worse now after - sad - she is dealing with it pretty well - - Thank you for your time - This would be in Wi
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Elder care

Post by Admin »

So what are you looking for? We are not doctors here at needhelppayingbills. We have information on programs, charities, and non-profits that can help you pay medical and hospital bills, offer free health and dental care, and similar. But we can't give medical advice.
If you need information on where your mom can go for care, try this link for ways to get medications, health care, and other support. Maybe clinics can help with the hip replacements.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _care.html
Johnston wrote:Hello - I have a question because my mother in law is almost 85 but she has had hip replacements etc - but she is in pain allllllllllllllll the time and will not take pain pills unless she really really feels she needs them - hearing nightmare stories of people getting addicted and doctor's helping them do it - sad - we are in favor of not taking them - but we are wondering what programs are out there for a family member to move in with her and take care of her 24/7/365 because she WILL NOT go to a nursing home - more nightmare stories - and it would KILL HER - we all know that - so could you please advice for the future - for now she lives alone and is still driving - but the day is coming -she even has been going to the YMCA for 50 years - 4 to 5 days a week and just a week ago - since she had her hip redone the doc said to goooooooo get out get moving butttttttttttt she did some there and won't be able to go back because her pain is sooooooooooooo much worse now after - sad - she is dealing with it pretty well - - Thank you for your time - This would be in Wi
Savannah

Post by Savannah »

I am from Aurora, Indiana. I recently went to Southeaster Indiana Economical Corporation for energy assistance for the winter. I moved in with my mother in her trailer last April as she suffered a stroke in October of last year.
She is in the nursing home for rehab but since she has been there more than 3 months they receive her social security check, I am her power of attorney. Everything is still in her name, but I need care for her.
I recently got temporary custody of two of my grandchildren ages 8 and 9. They now live here with me. I work part time and make less than 300 per week. My mom’s trailer is in need of repairs.
It appraised in value of 500, I have not paid lot rent my mother was behind when I moved here. I explained the situation to the trailer park owner. He is letting me get the trailer stable so he will not be stuck with a condemned trailer, I have agreed to pay the back lot rent and have it transferred in my name as soon as I am financially able. I just had to repair the furnace which did not work.
I was turned down for energy assistance and given excuses, they wanted me to write a statement that I rent from my mom. I told them I do not rent from my mom as she needs elder care. I am her POA and if I write that it will cost my mom her Medicaid and her nursing home stay will not be paid for and I don't pay rent. So then they wanted to add her and her income to the household. I told them her income does not come to this household the nursing home gets her income, then they said they couldn't add her then just denied me any help at all. Said they couldn't help me till I got everything put in my name and if my mom gets released from the nursing home I won’t be transferring anything it is her home.
I am trying to raise two grandchildren on a part time income. My transmission just went out of my car and now will have to worry about heat for the home. I did not know who I needed to contact for elder care services but feel I was treated unfairly by this agency, I have no were to turn for help. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Yes, the community action agencies in Indiana do help with heating costs. when it comes to medical bills, they may have some pamphlets or resources on site. Or they can refer someone to a non-profit credit counseling agency in Indiana for support. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... agenc.html
Savannah wrote:I am from Aurora, Indiana. I recently went to Southeaster Indiana Economical Corporation for energy assistance for the winter. I moved in with my mother in her trailer last April as she suffered a stroke in October of last year.