Hearing Aid

Help with paying medical bills
Trew1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Hearing Aid

Post by Trew1 »

I need help getting Hearing Aids.

I am 67 years old and am a practicing Realtor.

I am on Medicare (which does not cover Hearing Aids).

My hearing is in bad shape because of the Time I spent in the Air Force on the Flight Line guarding B52 Aircraft and Later working in the computer industry when the computers were much larger and made a great deal of noise.

My Brother (who lives in Austin Texas) told me that he received help getting his Hearing aids through the County in Texas where he lives and I was wandering if Maricopa County as a program by which I might be able to get Hearing Aids that would work for me. I have had my hearing tested several times in the past and did at one time did have hearing aids but I became allergic to them.

The inability to hear clearly is making it very hard for me to function in the Real Estate business.

Thank you Very Much
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Hearing Aid

Post by Admin »

The federal government runs an agency known as the Health Resources and Services Administration, and this particular agency funds and supports community clinics across the country. I know there are locations in Austin Texas, and would hope they provide hearing aids too, but you will need to look into. There should also be programs for former military personnel and veterans too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sta ... cal_c.html
Trew1 wrote:I need help getting Hearing Aids.

I am 67 years old and am a practicing Realtor.

I am on Medicare (which does not cover Hearing Aids).

My hearing is in bad shape because of the Time I spent in the Air Force on the Flight Line guarding B52 Aircraft and Later working in the computer industry when the computers were much larger and made a great deal of noise.

My Brother (who lives in Austin Texas) told me that he received help getting his Hearing aids through the County in Texas where he lives and I was wandering if Maricopa County as a program by which I might be able to get Hearing Aids that would work for me. I have had my hearing tested several times in the past and did at one time did have hearing aids but I became allergic to them.

The inability to hear clearly is making it very hard for me to function in the Real Estate business.

Thank you Very Much
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry, we can't help you here.
anashony wrote:DO you know this Hip hop song? Talks about replacing someones vain with an aids patient.? Also in the beginning lyrics is something about grappling with a granite monster and skin grafts. In the lyrics it talks about what he would do against corporate . Its a pretty intense song i heard hella times back i high school and then i lost it. If anyone know that would be awesome.
Terkqwe

Post by Terkqwe »

I have multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, hyper tension as well as suffering from severe anxiety and depression......I am also losing my hearing. I am homeless now because the house we lived in was flooded and started growing black mold. I have been hospitalized several times in the last 6 months. I needa hearing aid so I can get a job....that is number one. I have more than $200,000 in medical bills too that need to be paid.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if you have 200K in medical debts, a hearing aid is maybe the least of your problems. Declare bankruptcy. Also look at a clinic for those medical needs. But there are resources to get equipment, and find how to get free hearing aids from one of many programs.
Starwood

Post by Starwood »

Hi - My mother-in-law is in need of new hearing aids that after some assistance she does have - are still $2600.00 (I guess they are $2000 each and she's had them for 9 years already and need replacement ASAP, so whatever assistance she does have will pay some of the $4000 cost). She doesn't have this kind of money and only lives on SS.
She does own her home, but that's all she has. Is there any kind of program she can inquire for assistance to help pay for her hearing aids? She's 86 and still living alone. We've already helped with a new roof, eyeglasses and credit cards and it's hard, as only a couple of her kids can help. Thank You with any information you can give.