Help pay medical expenses

Help with paying medical bills
hulcomb
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help pay medical expenses

Post by hulcomb »

I'm looking for help to help pay for my father's medical expenses.
My father in the Philippines. He is 78 years old and suffering from multiple organ
failure. He has pneumonia, tuberculosis and possible hepatitis. He is currently
getting dialysis and would require at least $25,200 to continue his medical
treatments. I have no one else to turn to at this point. I really wish for him to
live longer.

Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help pay medical expenses

Post by Admin »

Philippines is tough. Not sure of programs or who to get health care help there. Use this link and explore all the resources. Sorry can't be much more help, but not sure how those so called third world countries work and provide aid.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... bills.html
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are not doctors or trained medical professionals and can't answer a question like that. We can direct you to someone or a doctor who maybe can, such as a free medical clinic. Select your state from the list of states midway down the page when using the previous link, then call a clinic near you.
nehaaoxy wrote:What is difference between Alyssa and PCR in context of Hepatitis C treatment? A person was diagnosed Hepatitis C by using Alyssa method blood test. A physician told him that he can cure the disease if he don't have this in PCR. Please tell me what is the difference in this, & whether it can be cured without being suffered from side effects which are very common in the words of general public?
Papen

Post by Papen »

To whom it may concern,
The place where I was working closed at the end of May. And due to chronic issues with my lower back and neck, I cannot find gainful employment until I can
receive the proper procedure to eliminate the pain. This procedure is VERY costly and I am without Health insurance. I have been a patient at the Kirklin Clinic in
Detroit Michigan. And have gotten this procedure called and RFA or Radio Frequency Ablasion before. This is a procedure in which the nerves in my lower back and neck
that are being compressed by bulging discs, compression of the spine and arthritis are "burned" in order for the chronic and severe pain to be eliminated. This procedure was done on me in the 2009 period and kept me pain free in my lower back for nearly ten months. Every patient differs, because these are the type of nerves
that eventually regenerate. With ALL of that said.......The nerves need to be burned again. The pain is back. I must reapply at Kirklin because I cannot get insurance. I was turned down by Blue Cross when I attempted to reinstate my policy because I have a cancer history. (Breast Cancer, Chemotherapy, Surgeries and Radiation......from: September 2005 to October of 2006). My husband receives Social Security Disability, as does my daughter .(My daughter is special needs....he has Williams Syndrome and he is 251). We also have full custody of my sisters son. But, after paying our $900 monthly Rent, $151.00 Car note and $148 car insurance, a couple of check loans, and all of our medications and VERY little food.......we have NOTHING left to pay a $342.00 Power Bill or $50 each to keep our cell phones active, (And we NEED our 2 cell phones),or $80.00 Water bill or to buy MORE food!!! I am hoping to get my Financial application approved by Kirklin very soon, so that I can make an appointment to have the procedure I have described, so that I can go back to work ASAP Unfortunately this could take 2 to 4 months. I hope it doesn't......but it usually does. I could use ANY help that is available and possibly very, very, very soon!! Especially with the Power Bill!!! Thank You for your consideration,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Can any medications help you with the pain? If you have concerns in paying for those medications, then there are ways to get free medications, including patient assistance programs offered by drug companies such as Pfizer, Merck, Johnson and Johnson, and many others. The programs are usually more generous and can help more people who are considered low income, and do not really need to be in poverty or terribly poor. Look into them, and ask your doctor about prescription assistance programs too.
Papen wrote:To whom it may concern,
The place where I was working closed at the end of May. And due to chronic issues with my lower back and neck, I cannot find gainful employment until I can
receive the proper procedure to eliminate the pain. This procedure is VERY costly and I am without Health insurance. I have been a patient at the Kirklin Clinic in
Detroit Michigan. And have gotten this procedure called and RFA or Radio Frequency Ablasion before. This is a procedure in which the nerves in my lower back and neck
that are being compressed by bulging discs, compression of the spine and arthritis are "burned" in order for the chronic and severe pain to be eliminated. This procedure was done on me in the 2009 period and kept me pain free in my lower back for nearly ten months. Every patient differs, because these are the type of nerves
that eventually regenerate. With ALL of that said.......The nerves need to be burned again. The pain is back. I must reapply at Kirklin because I cannot get insurance. I was turned down by Blue Cross when I attempted to reinstate my policy because I have a cancer history. (Breast Cancer, Chemotherapy, Surgeries and Radiation......from: September 2005 to October of 2006). My husband receives Social Security Disability, as does my daughter .(My daughter is special needs....he has Williams Syndrome and he is 251). We also have full custody of my sisters son. But, after paying our $900 monthly Rent, $151.00 Car note and $148 car insurance, a couple of check loans, and all of our medications and VERY little food.......we have NOTHING left to pay a $342.00 Power Bill or $50 each to keep our cell phones active, (And we NEED our 2 cell phones),or $80.00 Water bill or to buy MORE food!!! I am hoping to get my Financial application approved by Kirklin very soon, so that I can make an appointment to have the procedure I have described, so that I can go back to work ASAP Unfortunately this could take 2 to 4 months. I hope it doesn't......but it usually does. I could use ANY help that is available and possibly very, very, very soon!! Especially with the Power Bill!!! Thank You for your consideration,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Huh? We have no idea. Your post doesn't make sense. Maybe try a clinic. CVS and others have clinics and can provide advice.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/in_ ... tecli.html
aadeline wrote:Will you keep distance with people who has infected hepatitis B? Dear american friends, Will you keep distance with people who has infected hepatitis B? In my hometown, If you have infected hepatitis B, so many people who knew that will stand off you except your loved ones and few really friends and few sincere colleagues, does it in America so?
Mills

Post by Mills »

I am on S.S. disability and my husband has been unemployed 4 yrs. He is unable to work because of medical issues but we can't afford for him to go to doctors. We are falling behind in bills and don't know where to turn. I was approved for Medicaid, but we can't afford living on just my disability income. Please, can someone out there help us??? How do I go about getting rent help, utilities and most important getting him in for medical assistance. Thank you for any assistance,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If he rally filed for disability, then he must be receiving medical attention, recommendations, etc. How else would a disability application go through, so this doesn't make much sense. Anyway, we will answer your question with information on free medicines. Learn more on the various programs for discounts, free items, and other health care assistance.
Michelson

Post by Michelson »

Having lost my wife back in India and left alone there, I, 54 years old, came to the US in July, last year, to be with my son in Raleigh, North Carolina. Unfortunately, a month after my arrival, I was hospitalized twice for an emergency medical problem triggered mainly by a tremendous amount of emotional stress caused by my wife's passing away. While I did receive appreciative medical attention and care at the Wake Medical Center, their medical bills amounting to around 20000 dollars, the visitors health insurer's denial of the claims on the usual plea of pre-existing medical conditions, and my inability to pay the bills have further contributed to my mental stress and agony. A long-time retiree with a modest monthly pension of 550 dollars (converted from Indian Rupees of 21000/-), it would be extremely hard for me to clear these and future medical bills. My present short-term visitor's health insurance expires on 12 August. Without any kind of medical insurance, I would be pushed into a constant fear of falling ill. I therefore take the liberty of writing this to seek some form of help to clear the above bills that have been hanging heavy on me for a long time. My Green Card is expected anytime this summer. I may mention that I have also written to the CMC for financial assistance in this regard.
Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While it may be too late for the 20,000 in existing medical bills (ask for charity care or financial aid/payment plans), we can direct you to resources for future health care. As there are resources for the uninsured. NC offers many different assistance programs and options, and find them here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_for.html
But start the application process for pre-existing care early...before more surgery are needed at Wake.
Michelson wrote:Having lost my wife back in India and left alone there, I, 54 years old, came to the US in July, last year, to be with my son in Raleigh, North Carolina. Unfortunately, a month after my arrival, I was hospitalized twice for an emergency medical problem triggered mainly by a tremendous amount of emotional stress caused by my wife's passing away. While I did receive appreciative medical attention and care at the Wake Medical Center, their medical bills amounting to around 20000 dollars, the visitors health insurer's denial of the claims on the usual plea of pre-existing medical conditions, and my inability to pay the bills have further contributed to my mental stress and agony.!