short term disability

Help with paying medical bills
a123
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

short term disability

Post by a123 »

I am a 62 yr old woman who normally works 35-36 hours a week. I have been out of work with a broken ankle since 11/25. I will be going back to work on 2/14 and then out again for back surgery (plus rehab)on 3/1/11. So will file for short term disability. I would like to know whom I could contact for getting some aid for when I go in 3/1/11 until probably June. I would need at least 1 month rent, electric/heat. I appreciate any advice you can give me.
Rochester, NY
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: short term disability

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about the ankle. Many utility programs have program for disabled, especially short term disabled like you should be classified as. Some places in Rochester NY and Monroe County include Action for a Better Community, Inc. (ABC), which has a phone number of (585) 295-1825. The Rochester Salvation Army(585) 987-9540 also offers aid. So some of these places may have energy bill help, or they can direct you to programs from utility companies themselves. Like LIHEAP, weatherization, or other emergency assistance.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mon ... rogr1.html
a123 wrote:I am a 62 yr old woman who normally works 35-36 hours a week. I have been out of work with a broken ankle since 11/25. I will be going back to work on 2/14 and then out again for back surgery (plus rehab)on 3/1/11. So will file for short term disability. I would like to know whom I could contact for getting some aid for when I go in 3/1/11 until probably June. I would need at least 1 month rent, electric/heat. I appreciate any advice you can give me.
Rochester, NY
Loutuf

Post by Loutuf »

well hello to who ever this concerns !!!! i live in butler indiana in a 1 bedroom appartment myself and my cat ! i am a disabled guy trying to keep my life together but when i say where moveing forward and there it goes another stop stick to hold me up ! then what do you know my social security disability gets reduceds cause the state of indianas medicaid disability i forgot to call them to change my address ! then social security disability sends me a letter saying iam now paying the premiums so i go from $ 1141 to $ 883.60 nice right ! so iam asking can you please help me !!!! iam asking for rent help ! There are 2 adults, & a 15yr. old We are all disable & are in need of assistance, We have No Food, & Our water will be shut off on 04/30/2011, & The Rent & Power is due on 5/1/2011, We are over drawn at the bank, & have nothing of Value to pawn for Food, $120.00 in food stamps just isn't enough? I don't know, what I am going to do?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, disability payments from the government are usually not enough. Did you try to supplement the payments with any type of part time income. Also look into TANF, cheap groceries from programs like Feeding America, call your local Salvation Army and Catholic Charities. In addition, a listing of food banks and pantries in Indiana is here. There are a bunch of non-profits to call in the state for free food and other forms of assistance, both financial and just for food.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... banks.html

Loutuf wrote:well hello to who ever this concerns !!!! i live in butler indiana in a 1 bedroom appartment myself and my cat ! i am a disabled guy trying to keep my life together but when i say where moveing forward and there it goes another stop stick to hold me up ! then what do you know my social security disability gets reduceds cause the state of indianas medicaid disability i forgot to call them to change my address ! then social security disability sends me a letter saying iam now paying the premiums so i go from $ 1141 to $ 883.60 nice right ! so iam asking can you please help me !!!! iam asking for rent help ! There are 2 adults, & a 15yr. old We are all disable & are in need of assistance, We have No Food, & Our water will be shut off on 04/30/2011, & The Rent & Power is due on 5/1/2011, We are over drawn at the bank, & have nothing of Value to pawn for Food, $120.00 in food stamps just isn't enough? I don't know, what I am going to do?
a123

Post by a123 »

I have lived in Nutley, NJ for 4 years with my
husband. We had a good life and then my husband lost his job of 20
years.
Then he moved to Target where this year the company laid him off. My
son and my family have helped with the rent and the bills and everyone
is getting low on funds. This June we do not have the rent even with
the help of everyone. I am trying to heal from arthritis that has
paralyzed me for a
good ten years. I had an operation in 2002 with 4 tears. The surgeon
did not repair the acl stating it would be to tight to walk. For the
past ten years I have had lightening bolts of pain running through my
body. It is fine for months and then one day the pain stays and I am
flat on my back for months. I am sleeping and the hammers are breaking
my knee caps, it feels that way. I have gone to doctors and they all
told me I am crazy and it is all in my head.
Two months ago, I joined a gym for $22 a month. The first 3 weeks the
pain in the knees were horrible just like before. This time though I
kept it up and been going to the gym for 2 months now and although I
have pain from the exercise the lightening bolts are not there.
I feel relieved I am not crazy but so angry at all of the doctors not
telling me that if I did not exercise the acl that I would be in so
much pain.
I cannot get back 10 years of my life but now I just have to lose the
weight of 75 pounds. Before when I exercised the pains would come back
and I would always have to stop. This time I saw a trainer saw my
doctor and just was pleasantly surprised.
I could not work for the past 10 years, I did have a full time job
then a part time job then a temp job now I can concentrate on myself.
I need help with the rent this month I will me about $400 to $600
short. I have been trying to buy food and pay some bills I just do
not have enough money this month.
My car died last year so I am borrowing my daughter in laws car a Ford
Navigator and it is pricy for gas.
I still cannot sit for long periods of time as my knee does go out I
will have to figure it out.
I need a job, I need rental assistance this month and maybe next
month. for June and July
My husband took a Sora course and now is a security guard. He received
his license this passed Friday, May 20, 2011.
He will be looking for work starting this Sunday and Monday.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you look into all the free health care resources, programs, and agencies out there? They operate across New Jersey too. While it is never certain that they can help with your specific need of knee surgery or operation, you should look into the free health care options. For example, there are community clinics, federal government run and funded Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), national non-profit organizations, and other free or low cost programs. Some may offer a sliding fee scale, so you need to pay some money towards bills.
a123 wrote:I have lived in Nutley, NJ for 4 years with my
husband. We had a good life and then my husband lost his job of 20
years.
Then he moved to Target where this year the company laid him off. My
son and my family have helped with the rent and the bills and everyone
is getting low on funds. This June we do not have the rent even with
the help of everyone. I am trying to heal from arthritis that has
paralyzed me for a
good ten years. I had an operation in 2002 with 4 tears. The surgeon
did not repair the acl stating it would be to tight to walk. For the
past ten years I have had lightening bolts of pain running through my
body. It is fine for months and then one day the pain stays and I am
flat on my back for months. I am sleeping and the hammers are breaking
my knee caps, it feels that way. I have gone to doctors and they all
told me I am crazy and it is all in my head.
Two months ago, I joined a gym for $22 a month. The first 3 weeks the
pain in the knees were horrible just like before. This time though I
kept it up and been going to the gym for 2 months now and although I
have pain from the exercise the lightening bolts are not there.
I feel relieved I am not crazy but so angry at all of the doctors not
telling me that if I did not exercise the acl that I would be in so
much pain.
I cannot get back 10 years of my life but now I just have to lose the
weight of 75 pounds. Before when I exercised the pains would come back
and I would always have to stop. This time I saw a trainer saw my
doctor and just was pleasantly surprised.
I could not work for the past 10 years, I did have a full time job
then a part time job then a temp job now I can concentrate on myself.
I need help with the rent this month I will me about $400 to $600
short. I have been trying to buy food and pay some bills I just do
not have enough money this month.
My car died last year so I am borrowing my daughter in laws car a Ford
Navigator and it is pricy for gas.
I still cannot sit for long periods of time as my knee does go out I
will have to figure it out.
I need a job, I need rental assistance this month and maybe next
month. for June and July
My husband took a Sora course and now is a security guard. He received
his license this passed Friday, May 20, 2011.
He will be looking for work starting this Sunday and Monday.
Heatherm

Post by Heatherm »

Subject: Help please my husband to regain health!::When: 20/07/2011::::Never imagine that our family on will have to ask this kind of assistance to you, but we have reached a very difficult, unenviable situation. How many of you know, some time ago we applied for several years, much awaited, chick, but so far very happy event, soon followed by the shocking news Andra health - he discovered hepatitis C, several months of treatment, the doctors realized that it is not the only ailment and this Wednesday -12.07.11 found something else much more serious - bone marrow cancer cell mass, which rapidly destroys the bone marrow, thus does not allow them to recover and are unable to form blood cells .... until it destroys the entire organism. Andris is currently under medical supervision - Linezera hospital.::Since we raising one small son, it was the only supplier to Andris and breadwinner, but this terrible disease Andra stopped working capacity, thus the income. We have medicines and hospital spent all their savings, but very, very - on the top of the world would like to continue treatment and son ever see my dad good health, so from the heart please material assistance to all who have a chance, because the C-hepatitis in requires several thousand lats and bone marrow is still not precisely defined what it will cost .... we would have exhausted all your resources, you are our hope, if possible please help, if only one bar and the total of all I believe that will succeed!::::Do not be indifferent if you are able to help.::::The payment order shall state as a donation. forwarding letter to your friends you can help!::::Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are sorry to hear that. Devastating. It sounds like you needs may be many, so will provide you with our general link to medical bill assistance, free health care and prescriptions, and other support. When someone does have conditions like that it does make things very difficult. You just need to try to keep a positive attitude (as hard as it is) and try to work through it. Find the resources on how to get medical bill help here. Look for free care, advice, counseling, and much more support for conditions like hepatitis C and the bone marrow issues.
Heatherm wrote:Subject: Help please my husband to regain health!::When: 20/07/2011::::Never imagine that our family on will have to ask this kind of assistance to you, but we have reached a very difficult, unenviable situation. How many of you know, some time ago we applied for several years, much awaited, chick, but so far very happy event, soon followed by the shocking news Andra health - he discovered hepatitis C, several months of treatment, the doctors realized that it is not the only ailment and this Wednesday -12.07.11 found something else much more serious - bone marrow cancer cell mass, which rapidly destroys the bone marrow, thus does not allow them to recover and are unable to form blood cells .... until it destroys the entire organism. Andris is currently under medical supervision - Linezera hospital.::Since we raising one small son, it was the only supplier to Andris and breadwinner, but this terrible disease Andra stopped working capacity, thus the income. We have medicines and hospital spent all their savings, but very, very - on the top of the world would like to continue treatment and son ever see my dad good health, so from the heart please material assistance to all who have a chance, because the C-hepatitis in requires several thousand lats and bone marrow is still not precisely defined what it will cost .... we would have exhausted all your resources, you are our hope, if possible please help, if only one bar and the total of all I believe that will succeed!::::Do not be indifferent if you are able to help.::::The payment order shall state as a donation. forwarding letter to your friends you can help!::::Thank you
Charleze

Post by Charleze »

Hey, I need help with my medical bills that had went to collection. They are garnishing my husbands checks and I still have way more due out there. I have pregnant and the field I work in isn't safe for my child while pregnant so I had to put my 2 weeks in and I am afraid that there going to take all my partners money we have rent etc. to pay for. I am now filing for disability too. I also am now receiving Wisconsin badger care. Any thing will help! You can email me back. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The disability payments you may receive will not help with existing medical bills. But Wisconsin will include future medical care as part of the aid offered. Much of it is run by the state's resource center, and staff from the location can process applications and offer information on other resources for the disabled. Or ask them about programs for your child. Read more on their services here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... fit_p.html