Medical leave on disability

Help with paying medical bills
Kenmac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Medical leave on disability

Post by Kenmac »

Hello I live in Vancouver WA, I have been on medical leave of absence from sept 2010 to dec 31 2010, the last support check was dec 21st and child support services is no help getting the back support or current, I am between pay checks, even though i am disabled i went back to work,they have cut our hours at work even though im full time, but my electricity bill is over 900.00, i have two children still in high school, and one who is disabled and cant work and not on disability. I literally have no money, and have a pending shut off notice of electricity. Clark PUD, I try calling the appointment number but get only busy signal untill it says finaly " no more appointments are being taken" there are currently 8 people living in my home,a couple with a 1 year old infant. and an adult suffering from schizophrenia, also not on disability, these people would be homeless if not for me, but i need help now. please help me. Thank you
ill lose my job. i can return calls on my break and lunch. i work next 5 days, I have been in review with Bank of America for the making home affordable process since april 2010, still no difinitive answer there. I have outdated ceiling cable heat, and in the main level it dosent seem to be working. have been trying to heat the house with broken up pallets and rotted wood. we have many medical bills, and i feel im drowning with no where to seek hope. please help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Medical leave on disability

Post by Admin »

Well, you may want to cancel your cable first of all. Not necessary. How do you have a $900 energy bill?
Many utility and government programs can help the disabled, so if you legitimately can't work you usually have some options and programs you can use. Try this for a listing of places in Vancouver and Clark County. They are the nu
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cla ... ogra1.html

I think the first place to call for information on disabilities and utility help is the Clark County Community Action Program. They are the number one non-profit agency in the area. (360) 397-2130
What may be a little more local and useful to you is the St. Vincent De Paul of Vancouver. They are a leading charity in the area. Call them at (360) 694-5388

Kenmac wrote:Hello I live in Vancouver WA, I have been on medical leave of absence from sept 2010 to dec 31 2010, the last support check was dec 21st and child support services is no help getting the back support or current, I am between pay checks, even though i am disabled i went back to work,they have cut our hours at work even though im full time, but my electricity bill is over 900.00, i have two children still in high school, and one who is disabled and cant work and not on disability. I literally have no money, and have a pending shut off notice of electricity. Clark PUD, I try calling the appointment number but get only busy signal untill it says finaly " no more appointments are being taken" there are currently 8 people living in my home,a couple with a 1 year old infant. and an adult suffering from schizophrenia, also not on disability, these people would be homeless if not for me, but i need help now. please help me. Thank you
ill lose my job. i can return calls on my break and lunch. i work next 5 days, I have been in review with Bank of America for the making home affordable process since april 2010, still no difinitive answer there. I have outdated ceiling cable heat, and in the main level it dosent seem to be working. have been trying to heat the house with broken up pallets and rotted wood. we have many medical bills, and i feel im drowning with no where to seek hope. please help.
GogoJill

Post by GogoJill »

I have a 15 year old disabled son. I am a disabled nurse/firefighter that has had cancer/breast removed/approximately 28 skin cancer or precancerous lesions off skin/tumor from colon. I have also had a heart attack and we live in very sub standard conditions with holes in the floor, floors falling in, major leaks when it rains and I've been ill since June 15. I can't afford my medicine. We have no food, utilities are due, losing our vehicle because we are behind and I was just recently mauled by a person's dog that did it to me last year and I was dying over it. I stayed in the hospital and now I am fighting the same issues at home and scared I'm going to die. I have been running high fever since June 15 and been bed ridden, can't afford co-pays, past due medical, can't get help with delinquent child support for son and nephew. There is mold in the trailer that keeps us very ill, and extreme utilities with a 1100.00 electric bill last year that caused us to be without water and electric for 2 weeks in August after I was released from dying in the hospital. We can't get help. Please, I'm begging you, help us. Social Security is going to drop my medical benefits because they told me I could work and I tried for 1 month and couldn't and they won't approve my son and I've been trying since he was 4. He has a major mental disorder. We were homeless last December, I starved because I had little and wanted to make sure the boys ate. I'm going through the same thing. We are desperate. We don't know what to do. If I die, my son that is disabled said he wouldn't want to live and I'm not getting well and cant afford to go back to MD because of a bill and I have a broken toe and foot that can't be seen and no antibiotics are anything for this fever and my kidneys are slowly shutting down again. We are in desperate need of someone to care and reach out to help us as I did for 13 years and at times at my own expense. I don't want to die. Please help us. Blessings to you and yours always.
BLM1

Post by BLM1 »

To whom it may concern:
I hope this email finds you well. I am on medical leave from my job as I got hurt and filed for disability from it. I am writing to request your assistance in paying our outstanding bills, which have accumulated due to a series of financial challenges that my family has faced over the past year.
I had to take an extended medical leave of absence without pay last year due to health issues. During that period, our family's primary source of income was significantly reduced, causing us to fall behind on various financial obligations. To compound our situation, my husband also experienced a job change, which affected our household income further.
Despite our best efforts, we have struggled to catch up on our bills and find ourselves in a situation where the mounting financial burdens are becoming overwhelming due to the loss of income from the medical leave . We are dedicated to resolving this situation and maintaining our financial stability, but we need assistance to bridge the gap.
I kindly request your support in exploring potential avenues for financial assistance, such as grants, loans, or any other resources that may be available to us while waiting on short term disability from the medical leave. Your guidance and advice would be immensely appreciated as we navigate this challenging period.
I am willing to provide any additional information or documentation that may be necessary to assess our eligibility for assistance programs.
I understand that many individuals and organizations are facing their own challenges, and I am grateful for any support or advice you can offer. Your assistance will not only help us regain our financial footing but also provide peace of mind during this difficult time.
Thank you for considering our request. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
Sincerely,
Dorothy
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Of course you can try FMLA for short term help. As this is part of Family Leave, and it can give money when waiting on disability. As there is short term FMLA for medical leave, free items and more support. Learn more on how to get FMLA.
BLM1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:49 pm To whom it may concern:
I hope this email finds you well. I am on medical leave from my job as I got hurt and filed for disability from it. I am writing to request your assistance in paying our outstanding bills, which have accumulated due to a series of financial challenges that my family has faced over the past year.