Knee surgery

Help with paying medical bills
Freedoma
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Knee surgery

Post by Freedoma »

Hello, I am writing to enquirer if there may be any health care services that you know that can help my wife pay for knee surgery. Her arthritis has gotten so bad in her knees that if they find out at her place of employment which is our only source of income besides the amount I get on my disability check that they may show her the door. We have been checking out service after service looking for one we qualify for. The problem is she makes $13.25 per hour and has stocks worth $45,000 in a 401k through work.The services do not look at the fact that I am on a very limited income because I am unemployable. They also say we do not qualify because she has insurance through work but it will not pay enough that we could afford the difference of what they will and will not pay for. I am very grateful for Social Security but with not being able to bring home a regular pay check we are facing poverty when the time comes that she can not longer work at all. We realize at that point she would than qualify for help but we would not care to live with us both living on disability checks and that not having enough money coming in to be able to say so. She has worked hard for 27 years and we feel it would not be right to wind up on the street with her in a wheel chair when there is a operation that could take care of her knee problems and keep her working with a roof over our heads. Can you help. Thanks so much and may God bless.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Knee surgery

Post by Admin »

While i am sure of specifically regarding knee surgery, there are many free and low cost health care clinics located around the nation. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sta ... cal_c.html
Some of them will provide assistance to people who have limited or not health insurance. Sounds like your wife has some insurance, but not enough. I believe many of the community clinics may still be able to help with medical expenses, surgery's and other health care expenses. If you receive social security, have you looked into any federal government programs that may be able to provide health care or surgery's.

Freedoma wrote:Hello, I am writing to enquirer if there may be any health care services that you know that can help my wife pay for knee surgery. Her arthritis has gotten so bad in her knees that if they find out at her place of employment which is our only source of income besides the amount I get on my disability check that they may show her the door. We have been checking out service after service looking for one we qualify for. The problem is she makes $13.25 per hour and has stocks worth $45,000 in a 401k through work.The services do not look at the fact that I am on a very limited income because I am unemployable. They also say we do not qualify because she has insurance through work but it will not pay enough that we could afford the difference of what they will and will not pay for. I am very grateful for Social Security but with not being able to bring home a regular pay check we are facing poverty when the time comes that she can not longer work at all. We realize at that point she would than qualify for help but we would not care to live with us both living on disability checks and that not having enough money coming in to be able to say so. She has worked hard for 27 years and we feel it would not be right to wind up on the street with her in a wheel chair when there is a operation that could take care of her knee problems and keep her working with a roof over our heads. Can you help. Thanks so much and may God bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Pet and vet bills are not as easy to get help with, but you may have some options. We have a page dedicated to some ideas and programs for getting vetenairy help with bills. Review that for some ideas. There are charities like Help-A-Pet, phone 630-986-9504 and the United Animal Nations LifeLine Fund number (916) 429-2457. Other ideas for pet expenses are there too.
hamerin wrote:What surgery options do i have for a femur fracture in a dog? i have a 3 year old boxer about 50lbs, who has a severe femur fracture that is requring surgery. What type of surgery options are availalbe and what can I expect to pay?
automoblog

Post by automoblog »

Good post actually. My grand mother is suffering from Knee problem. She needs this knee surgery. But the medical cost is so high. We are planing for some knee replacement problem.
Evaluation

Post by Evaluation »

Hi, I have been living in poverty for 7 months due to missed work from knee surgery and resulting bills. I am without electricity water and heat. I lost my job just recently, and now I have no money left for food, gas and medical coverage. If you can get back with me soon I don't know how much longer I can live in poverty and how I'm going to survive winter. I really don't know and my truck is breaking down. It will be hard getting a job without a truck.
Natlie Hawk

Post by Natlie Hawk »

Good afternoon,
My name is Ron. I been living in Tall Oaks close to the intersection of Collier Blvd. and US 41 as I recover from knee surgery. I been living here in Tall Oaks since the summer of 2003. I am 70 years old and up until November of 2022 I have subsidized my social security check with painting exteriors of homes and trimming and cleaning up landscaping, and power washing homes and driveways.
I had a full knee replacement at NCH in November of 2021. I was complaining to the orthopedic surgeon for months after the surgery. His answer was the same for months, some people take longer to heal. I tried explaining to him healing I understand but it's getting more and more painful and began to feel very warm and my skin from my knee to my ankle was becoming a deep red.
Last November I went to the NCH walk in clinic on Collier Blvd due to my knee surgery. and the doctor on duty couldn't believe I was walking around like that. She gave me some antibiotics and made sure there were no clots and said if I didn't improve in 2 weeks go to the emergency room at NCH. It didn't get any better and when I went to the ER they admitted me immediately. It was found that I had a serious infection and my prosthetic knee had separated in 3 places. They did a surgery to remove the prosthetic knee and replaced it with a spacer that doesn't give full movement but it was helping. It also slowly was releasing antibiotics to help stop the infection at the source of the knee I have to redo thar surgery again soon. I am at least temporarily unable to walk without a wheel chair or walker. So I can't work at the moment. At the same time last November my wife lost her nursing position because of an incident 5 years earlier. She can not go back to nursing at this time. I am hoping for some financial assistance for us to be able to get back on our feet again post surgery of the knee. Please tell me what to do next from here.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Ron,
Is that Collier county FL? If so, there are medical clinics to try. Now a knee surgery may be a big ask, but maybe they have ideas, Also of course Medicaid and other programs. Look here for free medical centers in FL.
Natlie Hawk wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:54 pm Good afternoon,
My name is Ron. I been living in Tall Oaks close to the intersection of Collier Blvd. and US 41 as I recover from knee surgery. I been living here in Tall Oaks since the summer of 2003. I am 70 years old and up until November of 2022 I have subsidized my social security check with painting exteriors of homes and trimming and cleaning up landscaping, and power washing homes and driveways.
I had a full knee replacement at NCH in November of 2021. I was complaining to the orthopedic surgeon for months after the surgery. His answer was the same for months, some people take longer to heal. I tried explaining to him healing I understand but it's getting more and more painful and began to feel very warm and my skin from my knee to my ankle was becoming a deep red.
Last November I went to the NCH walk in clinic on Collier Blvd due to my knee surgery. and the doctor on duty couldn't believe I was walking around like that. She gave me some antibiotics and made sure there were no clots and said if I didn't improve in 2 weeks go to the emergency room at NCH. It didn't get any better and when I went to the ER they admitted me immediately. It was found that I had a serious infection and my prosthetic knee had separated in 3 places. They did a surgery to remove the prosthetic knee and replaced it with a spacer that doesn't give full movement but it was helping. It also slowly was releasing antibiotics to help stop the infection at the source of the knee I have to redo thar surgery again soon. I am at least temporarily unable to walk without a wheel chair or walker. So I can't work at the moment. At the same time last November my wife lost her nursing position because of an incident 5 years earlier. She can not go back to nursing at this time. I am hoping for some financial assistance for us to be able to get back on our feet again post surgery of the knee. Please tell me what to do next from here.