Surgery is upcoming

Help with paying medical bills
mary_b37

Surgery is upcoming

Post by mary_b37 »

My name is Louise me my husband and our two children are in our house with no electricy we have called all around to get help but no one can help my husband will be going in for surgery tomorrow so we will not have any income for two weeks where do we go for help. We can't afford to have electricity turned off as a result of the surgery. We will also need help with the hospital debts and bills from the surgery.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Surgery is upcoming

Post by Admin »

Well, you really should have looked at options more than one day before the surgery. The best thing to do is to work out payment options before someone goes under the surgery knife. Since you have so limited time, here is a link to get help with hospital bills, debts, and even information on free health care and surgery's.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
So on the site you will also find programs for how to get help, and they can aid you while your income is gone for the next two weeks. Take care, and I hope everything goes well.
mary_b37 wrote:My name is Louise me my husband and our two children are in our house with no electricy we have called all around to get help but no one can help my husband will be going in for surgery tomorrow so we will not have any income for two weeks where do we go for help. We can't afford to have electricity turned off as a result of the surgery. We will also need help with the hospital debts and bills from the surgery.
Chesney
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Surgery is upcoming

Post by Chesney »

Hello I am trying to find a program for seniors to help them with a surgery. They also need help for the holidays, maybe a program that helps out, please read the story of my grandparents below. Thanks.
The grandma is now 84, and grand dad is now 88.
My grandmother grew up in East Nashville, My grandfather grew up in West Nashville. They both met at the movies around 1962
To this day she said it was love at first sight, 69 years later they are still together like two peas in a pod.
They lived in small one room house. My grandmother worked across town at a factory doing the city directory, my grandfather worked with printing companies running a printing press. They purchased their house together, that they still live in around 1960’s.
Later on in life my grandfather became a bus driver which he retired at, but kept part time jobs to provide for his family. My grandmother retired at D & T type setting company, but still continued to work part time jobs such as, H G Hills grocery store, and Walmart. Eventually both of my grandparents had to give up working due to their health declined about 10 to 13 years ago.
My grandmother and grandfather worked their whole lives to provide for their family, and would do anything it took to make sure their children/ grandchildren were taken care of, even if it meant working overtime.
They had two sons and a daughter. One passed away in his sleep from a massive heart attack in 2002.
My grandmother also was granted legal custody of me when I was 4 years of age, she was considered my legal guardian, and literally she was like an angel to me.
My grandmother raised her two sons, myself, and then helped me with my oldest son. I became pregnant at a young age and without her I could not have done it. I am now married and our kids are her world. My one son is now 14, and the other is 2. Her step grandchildren also living with us, so we are a full house come holidays!
My grandmother and grandfather have been through a rough time, my grandfather can barely hear, so sometimes you have to speak loudly to talk to him. He is a veteran and was in the Army in World War II, he also boxed in the army. He has had a heart attack and open heart surgery. He also has a lot of places on his skin that are cancerous, and his short term memory has recently declined. My grandmother has also has been a solider, not literally being in the Army but through life itself!
She has overcame breast cancer, a hip replacement, an upcoming knee surgery, shoulder surgery, sepsis at one point, a small stroke, she is almost blind, and now is in congestive heart failure, but to this day she says, she is fine, and continues each day of life as chirpy as she can be. Even being in a wheel chair and stuck in the house a lot, she always stays positive.
They both are on social security and after their bills they both literally have 70 bucks to run on each week, after the grocery store visit and medications, they are left with nothing. Since their health has declined they are also unable to keep up normal maintenance on their home.
I, as their granddaughter, just want to give back to them for everything they have done for everyone. They have lived a long hard, but loving and happy life. They deserve the world, and are such wonderful people.
Today I am reaching out to different groups to see if for the holidays they can do anything for my grandparents, they are in need of so many things. A good cooked meal, material house hold items, or a small Christmas gift would be so helpful!
You can email me back if you would like to volunteer to help them out this thanksgiving, or Christmas, or if you recommend anyone that would be a blessing! Thanks you.