Have high medical bills and can't pay rent

Help with paying medical bills
CSheen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Have high medical bills and can't pay rent

Post by CSheen »

I am needing help to pay the remander of my rent for this month. I work and am usually able to meet my bills but this month we discovered that my daughter has cancer and she was operated on imediately due to a large tumor that was blocking her airway. After the surgery the incision site became infected an that forced us back into the hospital. Because she is a minor and has other health and mental issues she was not allowed by the hospital to be left alone causing me to miss work. I have been trying various organisations to find help because i have already received an eviction notice with no luck. I am becoming desperate she is quarantined in our home at the present because of radiation treatment to try and eliminate the cancer and i have no money to go anywhere else. I have tried the catholic family service and some of the other rent/utility recources in our area. What else can i do so that i can keep this home that my daughter needs? Lubbock texas
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Have high medical bills and can't pay rent

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear that about your daughter. Terrible news. Cancer support groups exist, and non-profit agencies can help patients and their families pay resulting medical and health care bills. Be sure to ask the hospital and doctor for any type of payment plans.
Also look into the following which may be able to provide financial help for bills, debts, etc. while dealing with the cancer. CancerCare Co-Payment Assistance Foundation is one non-profit. Life Beyond Cancer is another. The programs are referenced here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... bills.html
CSheen wrote:I am needing help to pay the remander of my rent for this month. I work and am usually able to meet my bills but this month we discovered that my daughter has cancer and she was operated on imediately due to a large tumor that was blocking her airway. After the surgery the incision site became infected an that forced us back into the hospital. Because she is a minor and has other health and mental issues she was not allowed by the hospital to be left alone causing me to miss work. I have been trying various organisations to find help because i have already received an eviction notice with no luck. I am becoming desperate she is quarantined in our home at the present because of radiation treatment to try and eliminate the cancer and i have no money to go anywhere else. I have tried the catholic family service and some of the other rent/utility recources in our area. What else can i do so that i can keep this home that my daughter needs? Lubbock texas
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

I need help paying rent this month. I have not ever needed help as bad as I do now! If I get evicted, me and my two kids, ages 5 and 7 will have no where to go! My youngest son is Deaf and can not go to every school. He must go to the school by the apartment I just moved into 4 months ago. I lost my job on 6-29-11 and was denied Unemployment. I need soap. I need to wash clothes. I finally got good stamps, I have no income! and can not work because my back/arm/shoulder/wrist/elbow hurts so bad, i almost feel like I'll pass out. I've been to chiropractor and a Crainal Therapist. I went to emergency room couple nights ago but was let go soon after I got there. I was referred to an orthopedic and nuerologist. Since I was denied medicaid, I have no way of seeing these doctors to help me get well. I need help with my rent for one month. August has got to bring me some work/income. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Instead of going to an emergency room and potentially paying thousands of dollars for those hospital bills, try a free community clinic in your state. Most have highly trained doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals who donate their time to help the low income and uninsured. Almost all medical care is free if you can't afford it. Free clinics across the nation help millions of people every year with medical and health care needs, including dental and even prescriptions.
Mariner wrote:I need help paying rent this month. I have not ever needed help as bad as I do now! If I get evicted, me and my two kids, ages 5 and 7 will have no where to go! My youngest son is Deaf and can not go to every school. He must go to the school by the apartment I just moved into 4 months ago. I lost my job on 6-29-11 and was denied Unemployment. I need soap. I need to wash clothes. I finally got good stamps, I have no income! and can not work because my back/arm/shoulder/wrist/elbow hurts so bad, i almost feel like I'll pass out. I've been to chiropractor and a Crainal Therapist. I went to emergency room couple nights ago but was let go soon after I got there. I was referred to an orthopedic and nuerologist. Since I was denied medicaid, I have no way of seeing these doctors to help me get well. I need help with my rent for one month. August has got to bring me some work/income. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you,
Malden

Post by Malden »

I am in desperate need of assistance with paying rent, and medical bills. I have never been in a situation like this and I need help ASAP. I work two jobs and go to school full time at North Carolina. At this point I feel like i'm about to have a nervous break down because of stress. I pray that things get better, but I REALLY need help right now, please help me with any assistance that you can offer. Thank you for your time, have a blessed day!! Please email me information and you can reply here to my email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Do you have a medical condition that requires ongoing care in North Carolina. If so, try a clinic or medical center in the state. They can provide the low income and people with limited or no health insurance with free medical care, dental services, and other aid. Get information on North Carolina clinics. Maybe do have programs for students, and college students too. They may have relationships with credit counselors who can help you pay off those existing debts and bills too.
Malden wrote:I am in desperate need of assistance with paying rent, and medical bills. I have never been in a situation like this and I need help ASAP. I work two jobs and go to school full time at North Carolina. At this point I feel like i'm about to have a nervous break down because of stress. I pray that things get better, but I REALLY need help right now, please help me with any assistance that you can offer. Thank you for your time, have a blessed day!! Please email me information and you can reply here to my email.
Advair

Post by Advair »

I’m 29 years old and live in Ventura County. I've been working since I was 13. The first time ever I’m dealing with some financial troubles. I lost my job when I was three months pregnant awith my third child and been trying to find a new one ever since. But as you can imagine it’s been really difficult. I’m so backed up on my bills and even had my car repo and had to move back in with my parents. Which their house is pretty full already I sleep on the couch. I’m desperate for some advice on what I should do now. My biggest concern is my car because I've already invested a lot of my money into. I’m now almost four months pregnant and scared I’m constantly stressing about money and thinking about the medical bills I’m about to take on. Where should I go about trying to solve my financial troubles?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The local Ventura Catholic Charities can often provide resources to pregnant women. The services may cover everything from medical needs to much more. They may have information on local mechanics that can offer discounted repairs for your car. Sometimes a garage will waive (or reduce) the labor. But parts you will still need to cover. They also often have details on employment programs, shelter for women, local community clinics, and other support. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... s_*.html
BeginAgain

Post by BeginAgain »

Hello,
I was online tonight looking into financial assistance to help me pay my rent as I have high medical bills. I am in a scary situation. I was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer in September 2019. I had a mastectomy November 2019 and had 2/3 of my lymph nodes removed. Followed by chemotherapy I started February 2020 for 4 months and lost my hair and was left to deal with my cancer alone. My roommate at the time had promised to stand my side through what I was about to face. She up and moved out. Leaving me to do this alone. I cried and cried because I was so scared. My immediate family and my adult children live in North Carolina. I went to every chemotherapy appointment alone and it was rough because the chemo does horrible things to your body. I finished what I thought would make me crumble and I got to ring the bell proudly.
I started my radiation the first of May 2020 and did really well till the end and I had severe burns under my arm, chest and breast area. I am a very strong woman. I am a person who has always paid it forward and worked all my life. I am currently 2 weeks post op from having breast reconstruction surgery. I have no income and like I said and I live alone. I have a one bedroom small house I rent for $1000. I will have been here a year in February. I am currently taking anastrozole for my hormone therapy that I will be taking for 10 years as my cancers feeds on the estrogen and progesterone my body produces.
My latest concern and this would bring me to my knees. I have 4 nodules that was found in an ultrasound in my thyroid, and the medical bills from it are causing me not to pay my rent. And 2 of them are highly suspicious. I have been getting wonderful treatment through Moffit Cancer Center in Tampa Florida where I live. And I am on an indigent charity program that is covering my care. I am so blessed. I have gotten assistance from my parents who are elderly and live in NC. But they just don't the funds to assist me anymore. I want to go back to work. But I am not physically ready and all my doctors appointments interfere with trying to even interview. I am receiving Snap food assistance as well and I am so grateful.
I have a biopsy scheduled on the 21st of January. I would be lying if I said I am not scared. But I rely on my faith for strength. I apologize for my lengthy email. I wanted to give you a little background. I can provide you with whatever is necessary to assist you in determining if I qualify. I have my diagnosis letter from my oncologist, my lease and whatever you need.
If you need to contact me I live in Tampa, Florida. I would be very grateful for any kind of assistance to pay my rent and anything else. I am scared because my rent is due in 3 weeks. My landlord is very nice. He says he likes me as a tenant and it's business. I have no place to go. I have to stay in the area to continue my treatment at Moffit Cancer Center.
CSheen

Re: Have high medical bills and can't pay rent Conroe TX

Post by CSheen »

Hello all
My name is Anthony and am currently a former student at Sam Houston taking a break from classes the past two years. I am now in medical debt and struggling with other bills and rent. I have been up and down jobs the past two years and have been dealing with a gnarly health condition that has affected a majority of the past two years as well; limiting my mobility and affecting my work life. I have been taking whatever precautions I can to manage my symptoms and have pushed myself to work consistently but have been fired from my last two jobs for not the best reasons and have been left out to dry. I am currently stacked with medical bills, my bank account is constantly at zero, I have run low on food, and although I can trust my friends to help, they can only go so far and my resources are limited. I ask that you please help me any way you can for the month of April for my rent and other medical debt. I have a bill of about $890 that I must pay by the 3rd of April. If you can provide anything towards my bill, it would be greatly appreciated as that is the only thing that I am worried about, am doing my best to not get evicted. I have and currently am looking for jobs through all of this as well. Once again, please and thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Have high medical bills and can't pay rent Conroe Texas

Post by Admin »

Hi Anthony,
Sam Houston is in Conroe / Montgomery County TX, right? If so we have programs listed that can help you with the rent as well as other debt relief option, including for medical. Many resources are listed and look here for help with bills in Montgomery County TX.
CSheen wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:13 am Hello all
My name is Anthony and am currently a former student at Sam Houston taking a break from classes the past two years. I am now in medical debt and struggling with other bill.