Help with paying medical bills
Preeti P
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

COVID Medicare co-payments

Post by Preeti P »

Hello,
My name is Widman, and I went to 3 facilities after I contracted Covid-19. I became symptomatic on November 4th of this year.
I went to a local Kaiser-Permanente Urgent care on 11-6-21 to be tested. They promised less than 24-hour test results. After breathing problems approximately 24 hours later, I went to a local (Olympia, WA) Providence E/R. THEIR TEST gave me a positive result in less than four hours!! I then got a special quadruple, 60-day-booster at a local Providence Urgent Care the following Wednesday.
On the date of writing this email I am symptom-free for over 10 days, but am nowhere NEAR my energy-levels of 28 days ago...
(I Particularly like the part about being an aging, physically and mentally disabled 59 year old adult with type2 diabetes and Hypertension and NOT ACTUALLY DYING.)
I expect, after these hospital-visits' bills are ran through Medicare that I will have an estimated $100-$200 copay that I believe SOME LOCAL OR FEDERAL PROGRAM SOMEWHERE should pay for; NOT ME, (because it's Covid-19.)
If your company has a grant program available for my particular issue, or you can refer me to someone who does "medical-bill-grants for disabled people who survived Covid-19," could you please give me contact information for them?
Thanks for your time in this.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: COVID Medicare co-payments

Post by Admin »

Insurance companies have different programs for COVID patients. Due to the CARES act. Maybe the premium or deductibles can be paid, and we have other financial aid programs here too. More on assistance for health insurance deductibles.
Preeti P wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:00 am Hello,
My name is Widman, and I went to 3 facilities after I contracted Covid-19. I became symptomatic on November 4th of this year.
I went to a local Kaiser-Permanente Urgent care on 11-6-21 to be tested. They promised less than 24-hour test results. After breathing problems approximately 24 hours later, I went to a local (Olympia, WA) Providence E/R. THEIR TEST gave me a positive result in less than four hours!! I then got a special quadruple, 60-day-booster at a local Providence Urgent Care the following Wednesday.
On the date of writing this email I am symptom-free for over 10 days, but am nowhere NEAR my energy-levels of 28 days ago...
(I Particularly like the part about being an aging, physically and mentally disabled 59 year old adult with type2 diabetes and Hypertension and NOT ACTUALLY DYING.)
I expect, after these hospital-visits' bills are ran through Medicare that I will have an estimated $100-$200 copay that I believe SOME LOCAL OR FEDERAL PROGRAM SOMEWHERE should pay for; NOT ME, (because it's Covid-19.)
If your company has a grant program available for my particular issue, or you can refer me to someone who does "medical-bill-grants for disabled people who survived Covid-19," could you please give me contact information for them?
Thanks for your time in this.
JohnsonD

Post by JohnsonD »

My name is Amy and I'm 43 years old. I have heart failure from COVID and I live at Archibald Rutledge village and live on Medicare co-payments. My father passed away in December and I had to pay a payment for them to bury him. It put me behind paying my rent I thought I would be able to get caught up this month then I had to have all my teeth taken out because of my heart. Then I found out my insurance wouldn't pay for it all so they taking payments out but if I didn't have my teeth taken out the infection would go to my heart and kill me.
I owe $315.00 on my Medicare co-payments. If I could get help even if it's $50 it would be a blessing because every bit counts. I am so scared to be homeless on the streets again because the shelters will not accept me because how bad my heart is and my COVID. All I had is my daddy and I truly believe he would still be here if it wasn't for COVID. I'm begging if you can help or know anyone who can please please let me know. Thank you for your time and God bless everyone.
Sincerely
Amy
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a Medicare rights hotline to call. Maybe try that for information on how Medicare does or does not help with COVID. As there are, of course, rules and regulations. Look here for details. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ghts_.html