On Medicare but need help for anti-biotics

Help with paying medical bills
Squaker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

On Medicare but need help for anti-biotics

Post by Squaker »

I was recently hospitalized for a serious blood infection, and am now receiving at home IV antibiotic Vancomycin twice a day. I receive about $2000 a month with disability and workers comp, which places me above the low income assistance level for assistance.
I also take an oral antibiotic, and simply put, I cannot afford these medications. I began treatment on June 20, and am expected to continue treatment until the second or third week of August. I am receiving bills for the hospital and after hospital treatment, that I cannot pay.
I have a Medicare Advantage Plan (United Health) which pays a limited amount.
Can you direct me to any programs in Southern California, who can help me with payment for the antibiotics and medical bills, that I am having to pay?
Candy

Re: On Medicare but need help for anti-biotics

Post by Candy »

Recently, unable to work due to Rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia, and I need help paying for anti-biotics that I need. Progressed to unable to do what is required at work. On long lasting and acting pain medications as well as numerous others. Am receiving assistance from Medicare as well as disability advocate to apply for disability. I have no income and expenses of my household duty, as well as the financial needs of my 3 children. I'm in financial crisis and desperately need electric assistance, anti-biotics, medications and light bill or it will be terminated, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to afford to get it back on again. Someone please help my family.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: On Medicare but need help for anti-biotics

Post by Admin »

Those are chronic conditions. There is help for them, including anti-biotics or medications. Many insurance companies and charities offer help. Locate them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _free.html
Candy wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:54 am Recently, unable to work due to Rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia, and I need help paying for anti-biotics that I need.