Resources for Alzheimer's patient

Help with paying medical bills
SgtMertoo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Resources for Alzheimer's patient

Post by SgtMertoo »

Hi, I am placing my 83 year old mother who has Alzheimer's in an apartment of her own because she does not qualify for a nursing home and she has become difficult to handle. She has no furniture and is moving in on the 11th of this month. I am looking for information or help of any kind for her....furniture, food etc. Thanks, not sure who to reach out to and I found you on the internet.
Pertyio

Re: Resources for Alzheimer's patient

Post by Pertyio »

My mother has Alzheimer’s. I am her only caregiver I being her daughter. She was tricked into a refinance back in 2008 at 79 years old a 30 year mortgage. The documents were falsified by the loan originator and I did not become aware of this till 2013 I being her daughter. Then only to find out another loan was discovered in July 2014 which the bank had not us.
It’s a complex case. Our lawyer which I had to borrow money to get for him withdrew after a year and four months and he was not the lawyer on it was one other in the firm of one other. I went there for a discussion and meet the firm’s owner. Only to be verbally abused and threatened by him.
Our bills were up to date but I questioned the settlement the bank offered and went to discuss it. Well never got that far the lawyer suddenly decided he wanted an underwriter for a 1,000 and another 1500 and he wanted it in a day? Or he was withdrawing. Which he did in a day. I said can't we work out something he said no.
He was a very mean man and actually not qualified to be a lawyer in my opinion...He now has thrown my elderly mom with no help. I cannot defend her in court...The state of CT is of No help. The poor get it all. If low middle you get nothing.
I am trying to hang on to this house. I be the only caregiver for mom who does not live here which the bank falsified. I go back and forth while finding lawyers and dealing with dishonest ones at that. It’s a very complex case but we need help.
Can you help or suggest anything.
The bank was willing to settle or even asked what your client wants to avoid litigation... I feel there is a strong case here against the bank but need a good honest lawyer.
In Connecticut.
krystal

Post by krystal »

Good morning, I have a question, my brother is a disabled veteran who has started having seizures, strokes and the early signs of Alzheimer and needs resources. It has been decided by the VA that he can no longer live on his own. And rather than the state take care of him, I have worked it out so that our older sister is taking care of him. My question is, are there any kinds of government assistance that will help her financially as she was already stressed financially and is only living off of her social security.  I thought that maybe the government would send her a check or financial resources for taking care o fa disabled family member. And this is the State of SC.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many grants for medical bills, and they may need to be options for people with Alzheimer's. While it may not be government assistance (or some grants may be) most of it is from charity organizations.
Have your sister apply since she is the caregiver.
krystal wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:19 pm Good morning, I have a question, my brother is a disabled veteran who has started having seizures, strokes and the early signs of Alzheimer and needs resources. It has been decided by the VA that he can no longer live on his own. And rather than the state take care of him, I have worked it out so that our older sister is taking care of him. My question is, are there any kinds of government assistance that will help her financially as she was already stressed financially and is only living off of her social security.  I thought that maybe the government would send her a check or financial resources for taking care o fa disabled family member. And this is the State of SC.