I need help with my heat

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
heathermald

I need help with my heat

Post by heathermald »

I need help with my heat i have been out of heat and they will not refill till the heating bill is paid I have been out of work seince july due to a injury and have 0 income at this time.Please help tell me what to dao.I have been all over for help.
Roxanne Hardy
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help with heat and free heating oil

Post by Admin »

If they will not fill your tank, try the Citizens Energy Program that offers free heating oil. It is called Oil Heat Program. They provide about 100 gallons. This assistance is available in about 15 states.
King

Re: I need help with my heat

Post by King »

We have no heat. our gas is shut off. I got approved for an SER from Michigan for $450 but I need $519 before they will pay the $450. But the heat company said they would accept the $450 and turn my gas on immediately and spread the balance out for next year.

My caseworker said that is not allowed. I know that they used to do it. so I really need $519 to restore gas. I have 2 children. I have been attending path its a program required by DHS for cash assistance because I am unemployed. I attend classes, report job search information, and I have to volunteer at "in the image" a charity here for 25 hours a week.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: I need help with my heat

Post by Admin »

So it sounds like you use Detroit Edison for your heat? If so, they do offer both grants for bills from HEAP, free energy conservation, and much more. They can also partner with DHS on some of the state and national programs, and call their customer service group for information. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html