Heating oil

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Morgan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Heating oil

Post by Morgan »

To Whom it May Concern,
I am contacting you in regards to options for oil heat assistance. I have been unemployed since February and have gone through all of my savings, I was going to get oil for my tank last week but unfortunately an issue came up with unemployment and I only received $62.00 after taxes when I usually receive $482.00 after taxes. Because of this I am now going to fall behind and it is going to be a struggle to recoup. I am currently right under 1/8 full in my oil tank, I am getting nervous with winter right around the corner and not being able to heat my home.
Thank you for your time and assistance,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Maybe try weatherization. He is not using the gas stove to heat his home, is he? Never do that if so. Instead look into other emergency financial assistance in Ohio for gas and energy bills. Find Ohio heating programs here. Heatshare is a main one offered by many utility providers across Ohio. Call your energy company and ask about it. Columbia Gas can be reached at 1-800-344-4077, but all the phone numbers we have listed.
Brady wrote:To Whom it may concern:
My brother is 61 years old and is on his last installment of unemployment. He has a gas stove. The burners work and there isn't a gas leak; however; his oven doesn't work. The warranty ran out and he cannot afford to have a repair person fix it. He also need oil for the heating season. I need to know if there are any organizations that would repair his oven for him at no cost. He lives in Cleveland in the 44109 area. Please feel free to call me.
Thank you for your help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

One of the popular options these days are heating oil buying networks. Basically many people pool their resources and buying power together to get reduced rates on heating oil. Individuals save dozens of dollars per year in aggregate using a buying network. Some of the leading ones are referenced here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hea ... ks_an.html
Some may even be free to sign up at, so no risk. Always read the fine print though too. Like anything in life.
Morgan wrote:To Whom it May Concern,
I am contacting you in regards to options for oil heat assistance. I have been unemployed since February and have gone through all of my savings, I was going to get oil for my tank last week but unfortunately an issue came up with unemployment and I only received $62.00 after taxes when I usually receive $482.00 after taxes. Because of this I am now going to fall behind and it is going to be a struggle to recoup. I am currently right under 1/8 full in my oil tank, I am getting nervous with winter right around the corner and not being able to heat my home.
Thank you for your time and assistance,
SgtMertoo

Post by SgtMertoo »

Hello. I am writing because I am in serious need of some assistance. I have been on disability for approximately 6 years now due to MS. I do get social security and things of that nature... but I do my best to try to not go crazy and just keep taking things from people. I try to provide for my family the best I can. This year however... I have a newborn with the love of my life, terry. She is a technician at a local place that deals with children with developmental issues. She however is on maternity leave and not able to collect any funds. She has 2 children, one is 5 years old and the other is three. And 5 years from a previous relationship... and then we have the one together who is now 3 1/2 weeks old. We are very low on oil and have no idea how we will heat are home this winter. I tried the joe4oil, but they are no longer accepting appointments. Could you please help me find a way to heat our home this year? I would greatly appreciate it. I will find a way to pay back when possible in whatever way I can. Thank you for reading. This and I do hope you know something that can help.
Kornheiser

Post by Kornheiser »

HELLO I NEED HELP WITH MY OIL. I HAVE A 275 GALLON TANK IN MY BASEMENT AND JUST FOR 100 GALLONS FROM OIL PATCH IT WILL COST ME $389. TO FILL UP THE TANK IT WILL COST ME $900-$1000, I HAVE APPLIED FOR LHEAP AND THEY SENT ME A LETTER STATING THAT I MAKE TOO MUCH. I CAN NOT AFFORD ALMOST $400 EVERY MONTH FOR OIL AND I HAVE OTHER BILLS TO PAY. I HAVE 2 KIDS AND A GRANDDAUGHTER, MY DAUGHTER IS 22 AND WILL BE STARTING SCHOOL FOR NURSING ON DECEMBER 12TH , MY SON IS 3 AND MY GRANDDAUGHTER IS 2. IS THERE ANY PROGRAMS OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME. I'M A SINGLE MOTHER THAT NEEDS HELP.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why is your oil bill $400 per month? That is outrageous. How high do you keep the temperature in your home? No one should be spending that type of money in West Virginia. Turn down the thermostat and use blankets. Especially if you are a single mom you need to budget much better. Anyhow, read more heating assistance in West Virginia.
Knuckledown

Post by Knuckledown »

I am 21 years old and I live with my disabled mother. I am almost 7 months pregnant and we have run out of oil. We do not have the money to get any right now and I am in need of help as soon as possible. If anyone can tell me where I can contact to get emergency heating oil delivery I would greatly appreciate it. I've applied for LIHEAP and have not gotten a response from them out & we haven't had oil in a few days. The furnace also heats up our water so we don't even have hot water. Please help as soon as possible.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Oven repairs are rare. Try buying a new one at a thrift store. But there may be places that offer heating bill help in Cleveland. So your 61 year old brother can apply to them, and then turn to a neighbor to fix the oven or buy a gently used one at a Family Store.
Brady wrote: He lives in Cleveland in the 44109 area. Thank you for your help.
Tony Fauci

Post by Tony Fauci »

To Whom it may concern:
I am writing on behalf of my husband, Craig, as me and him need heating oil. Craig was diagnosed with Laryngeal/Epiglottis throat Cancer in August 2021. Craig has had 4 surgeries in that short time, which is costly and doesn't allow us money for heating oil. Craig is utilizing treatment services at the Cancer Center in Philadelphia.
As you know, with so many office visits, surgeries & travel (Lancaster PA to Philadelphia PA every 2 months) our SSA/SSD finances are being exhausted monthly. With bills now starting to accumulate, we find ourselves unable to afford Heating Oil for the up coming winter months.
We have already been denied LIHEAP. LIHEAP stated our income falls outside the brackets of their allowable 2 person allotments. We have also been denied Public Assistance. We have found a Throat Cancer organization that has recently started to pay the Oncologist Office Visits & Surgery co-pays (they only help with medical bills). Please advise me on whether your organization would be willing to help us obtain Heating Oil for this winter season. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.