Heating oil

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Preetip
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Heating oil

Post by Preetip »

Hi
I am trying too seek some type of relief for my Mother as far as helping too pay for her Heating oil.When my father past away her income was reduced to her only receiving S.S. which is only around $1100.00 a month.It takes about 700 gallons of heating oil to get her through the winter. Oil prices seem to keep going up and up. Any advise or help would be appreciated.
Thank You
L14

Re: Heating oil

Post by L14 »

There is a family in need of assistance in Mahopac, Putnam County. The gentlemen is elderly and has cancer and with payments to the Doctor he is unable to buy food and pay his monthly bills. He is getting assistance with the food and clothing. However it is the fuel oil that will pose a problem this season. He can't afford his oil, and may go cold this year and freeze. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss how we can help him with oil during the cold Michigan winter.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

One of the options you may want to try is a home heating buying network. So even though she is only receiving $1100 per month, the way these networks work is you pay a nominal fee to sign up, and you get heating and fuel oil at a big discount. People save hundreds of dollars per year on heating oil. Here is more info.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ks_an.html
Preetip wrote:Hi
I am trying too seek some type of relief for my Mother as far as helping too pay for her Heating oil.When my father past away her income was reduced to her only receiving S.S. which is only around $1100.00 a month.It takes about 700 gallons of heating oil to get her through the winter. Oil prices seem to keep going up and up. Any advise or help would be appreciated.
Thank You
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are programs, such as CItgo, that provide free home heating fuel and oil. One option is the Oil Heat program. Qualified individuals can get up to 100 gallons of fuel oil per year, and it does cover Michigan as well. The contact information and phone numbers are on the link below.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _fuel.html
L14 wrote:There is a family in need of assistance in Mahopac, Putnam County. The gentlemen is elderly and has cancer and with payments to the Doctor he is unable to buy food and pay his monthly bills. He is getting assistance with the food and clothing. However it is the fuel oil that will pose a problem this season. He can't afford his oil, and may go cold this year and freeze. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss how we can help him with oil during the cold Michigan winter.
Kerr

Assistance for home heating oil

Post by Kerr »

I am looking for assistance with home heating oil. I seems that most companies want to fill your tank first and then but you on an automatic refill program which I cannot afford at this time. Is there anyone out there that will let me buy in the increments I can afford? My tank is 550 gallons and just about empty...any suggestions?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Assistance for home heating oil

Post by Admin »

Try some of the heating oil buying networks. While some may require an auto refill program or commitment for your heating oil tank, some may not. Regardless, at the end of the day, their prices are much cheaper than most dealers and you can save a significant amount of money on heating bills. Try this resource.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ks_an.html
Kerr wrote:I am looking for assistance with home heating oil. I seems that most companies want to fill your tank first and then but you on an automatic refill program which I cannot afford at this time. Is there anyone out there that will let me buy in the increments I can afford? My tank is 550 gallons and just about empty...any suggestions?
jenneifermegan

Post by jenneifermegan »

I had a friend do my taxes and she needed an extesion for some reason, anyhow she did something wrong because they were rejected and i had them done by a tax person,to make a long store short they were not sent in,on time to receive the home heating credit in my state and i need the money to buy my heating propane. my tank is on 5%and will run out by the end of the week. What can I do, i havent the money to pay the almost 800.00 for a tank of gas.Thank you for any help. From Ingham Michigan
gerry.heffer

Can't afford to buy heating oil

Post by gerry.heffer »

I live in Naugatuck, Ct. I am currently without any heat since I need oil to heat my apt and at this moment I cannot afford to buy any. I do not qualify for any state assistance because thru their guidelines I am over income, yet I cannot buy food or heat my apt. I live with my 15 year old son. I work full time but it has been extremely difficult this year to keep up with bills and daily expenses. I know that there must be others that may have it more difficult than me but I truly cannot purchase any oil at this moment. Can you please consider my request or guide me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.
erkel

Post by erkel »

Hello I live in my grandparents house who both passed away , I've been trying to get a job but no one would call me back. I'm 18 years old and basically live alone with no financial support , I just graduated high school as valedictorian in august and since then its been hard. Two of my family members plotted to take money out of the houses mortgage after my grandparents passed and everyday I'm home just waiting for someone from the bank to come and say hey you got to leave the house is going to belong to us and I'm trying so hard not to let that happen , but what can a 18year old do woth no help or a job. I'm contacting you to see if I can get any assistance I really am in need of help I'm unsure on who else to contact. This winter will be cold and I need help, I need some oil to heat my house up, I have a heat blanket but I'm scared 2 use it, I don't know if one day while I'm sleeping it may catch fire. Also the electric bill is in someone else name that doesn't even live in the house and I'm in fear that I'll be left in a house that will have no heat,lights, and might be taking away at any time. Please if there is anything you can do to help I beg you to contact me back
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I am sorry to hear that about your grandparents and family. Sounds like you need much assistance, and being 18 there is help out there for you. A couple options include heating oil buying networks. Also, you should talk to an attorney about your family taking that loan out on the house. May be illegal. Many attorneys offer free legal aid to people in situations like yours. The heating oil network info is here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hea ... ks_an.html

Look for legal / pro-bono advice by navigating to the left margin on the site and selecting find free legal aid / advice.

erkel wrote:Hello I live in my grandparents house who both passed away , I've been trying to get a job but no one would call me back. I'm 18 years old and basically live alone with no financial support , I just graduated high school as valedictorian in august and since then its been hard. Two of my family members plotted to take money out of the houses mortgage after my grandparents passed and everyday I'm home just waiting for someone from the bank to come and say hey you got to leave the house is going to belong to us and I'm trying so hard not to let that happen , but what can a 18year old do woth no help or a job. I'm contacting you to see if I can get any assistance I really am in need of help I'm unsure on who else to contact. This winter will be cold and I need help, I need some oil to heat my house up, I have a heat blanket but I'm scared 2 use it, I don't know if one day while I'm sleeping it may catch fire. Also the electric bill is in someone else name that doesn't even live in the house and I'm in fear that I'll be left in a house that will have no heat,lights, and might be taking away at any time. Please if there is anything you can do to help I beg you to contact me back
zen1

Post by zen1 »

my family was helped with heating oil of little over 900.00 of oil through a company MOC and oil for this apartment is going too fast. We called and we have no more funds to provide for heating oil or bills. Our tank was filled to 1/2 about 2 weeks ago and now is almost on empty. Its Me, my wife and three kids. She does not work and is seeking and i work full time but its not enough. If there's anything you guys can do please let me know thank you so much. Fitchburg,ma 01420
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are programs for the Fitchburg MA and Worcester County MA area. Some may have some heating bill aid and fuel oil. Try places like the Catholic Charities at 508-798-0191. Always try the Citgo Oil Heat program. Another non-profit to try is the Worcester Community Action Council, Inc. (phone (508) 754-1176), which works with energy bills and utility companies too, and may offer LIHEAP.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/wor ... ce_pr.html

zen1 wrote:my family was helped with heating oil of little over 900.00 of oil through a company MOC and oil for this apartment is going too fast. We called and we have no more funds to provide for heating oil or bills. Our tank was filled to 1/2 about 2 weeks ago and now is almost on empty. Its Me, my wife and three kids. She does not work and is seeking and i work full time but its not enough. If there's anything you guys can do please let me know thank you so much. Fitchburg,ma 01420
KimRay1973

Post by KimRay1973 »

To Whom It May Concern:
My parents have always struggled to pay their heating bills. They were originally on a program, but somehow the requirements changed and now they are on a different program. On this program, the payment went up over $100.00 from the original $240.00 agreement at the beginning of the year. The county my parents live in is Luzerne County. The only place they can apply for help is LIHEAP - and they may not be eligible for that. My parents are on a fixed low income (under $22,000.00). They have a lot of pharmacy bills (co-pays for medications) and these add up to almost $200.00 a month. Is there any other option for them that you may know of for them
to seek assistance? I would really appreciate any and all assistance you can offer. Right now I am at the end of my rope, and I don't know what else to do. I wish I was
rich and that I could pay their bills. I maintain my own apartment, and that is difficult enough.
Thank you for your assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try calling any of these following places in the Wilkes-Barre Luzerne Pennsylvania area. There are numerous Luzerne County assistance programs and resources for heating oil and energy bill help. The Luzerne Salvation Army Salvation Army is one of the leading non-profits to call for help. (570) 824-8741 While they focus on a food pantry, other limited financial assistance may be available. Maybe the best place to call is Commission on Economic Opportunity of Luzerne County, which is the community action agency which offers information, support, data on grant and heating oil programs, and more. Phone number (570) 829-1665.
KimRay1973 wrote:To Whom It May Concern:
My parents have always struggled to pay their heating bills. They were originally on a program, but somehow the requirements changed and now they are on a different program. On this program, the payment went up over $100.00 from the original $240.00 agreement at the beginning of the year. The county my parents live in is Luzerne County. The only place they can apply for help is LIHEAP - and they may not be eligible for that. My parents are on a fixed low income (under $22,000.00). They have a lot of pharmacy bills (co-pays for medications) and these add up to almost $200.00 a month. Is there any other option for them that you may know of for them
to seek assistance? I would really appreciate any and all assistance you can offer. Right now I am at the end of my rope, and I don't know what else to do. I wish I was
rich and that I could pay their bills. I maintain my own apartment, and that is difficult enough.
Thank you for your assistance.
Brady

Post by Brady »

To Whom it may concern:
My brother is 61 years old and is on his last installment of unemployment. He has a gas stove. The burners work and there isn't a gas leak; however; his oven doesn't work. The warranty ran out and he cannot afford to have a repair person fix it. He also need oil for the heating season. I need to know if there are any organizations that would repair his oven for him at no cost. He lives in Cleveland in the 44109 area. Please feel free to call me.
Thank you for your help.