Emergency Help with Electric Bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
StephB
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Emergency Help with Electric Bill

Post by StephB »

I live in Oakland, FL and I've been looking everywhere online & I can't find a number for help to pay the final $203.50 before my electric get shut-off this week. I'm on disability due to MS and only get one check a month which most of it goes to the rent. I've exhausted all of the help that I'd normally get from family & friends and I don't know where else to turn. When I talked to Progress today I was told that I'm gonna need the money by Tuesday the 28th of Sept. at the latest. PLEASE PLEASE help me....Thank YOU Steph
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Emergency Help with Electric Bill

Post by Admin »

In Orange County Florida try calling the Orange County Community Action Division, which is the local agency that administers the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). The phone number is (407) 836-8476
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Another option for energy and gas bills is Catholic Charities of Central Florida, and their phone number is 407-658-1818
StephB wrote:I live in Oakland, FL and I've been looking everywhere online & I can't find a number for help to pay the final $203.50 before my electric get shut-off this week. I'm on disability due to MS and only get one check a month which most of it goes to the rent. I've exhausted all of the help that I'd normally get from family & friends and I don't know where else to turn. When I talked to Progress today I was told that I'm gonna need the money by Tuesday the 28th of Sept. at the latest. PLEASE PLEASE help me....Thank YOU Steph
March

Post by March »

Hello my name is Raven and I am in need of emergency help to pay my electric bill. Im having financial problems right now. 2 of my kids has asthma, and I really need help with paying my electric bills. I have no one else to turn to. Please help me! My electric is due to get cut off any day now. My email is and I live in Columbus Ohio
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Columbus Ohio is in Franklin County, and here is a listing of agencies and non-profits that can provide emergency assistance. Even more so if someone has a medical condition like asthma.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
Some of the places to call include Center For Groveport Madison Human Needs, which can be reached at (614)586-4017.
another option is Columbus Department Of Public Utilities, which has programs for low income, the sick, disabled, and elderly. (614)645-3111
But the link you provide you with phone numbers and contact information for numerous other agencies in Columbus too.
March wrote:Hello my name is Raven and I am in need of emergency help to pay my electric bill. Im having financial problems right now. 2 of my kids has asthma, and I really need help with paying my electric bills. I have no one else to turn to. Please help me! My electric is due to get cut off any day now. My email is and I live in Columbus Ohio
Thank you
f12

Post by f12 »

Hello my name is Marilyn. My husband has been supporting myself and our 7 kids off his unemployment. After 10 years of service he was laid off. We have steadily been searching for jobs. We are hardworkers the kind that likes working (escape from 7kids. I just graduated in August as a Medical Assistant but am not having any luck getting a job. All the doctors offices that do call me say "when you get experience give us a call," I know crazy isn't it. He is 2 months from graduating himself. But know work for the 2 of us. I finally got an offer not as a Medical Assistant like I want but doing what I did before. Depressing, yes happy for work and income extremely but it doesn't start until Dec. 6th. My husband is proud and between some temp jobs here and there on my part and him loosing his plasma supply twice a week, we have made it to this point of unemployment and those things( Thank you God!)Pride for the most part stops my beautiful husband from seeking help. He is extremely self reliant believing it is his duty to take care of it all,"I'm the man,its my job" is what he says. Although he is the man and a wonderful one at that, we have hit a point stop if you will, our electricity is getting disconnected tomorrow. We are a few months behind on paying the electric bill. We live in Island County Washington. We are having no luck getting it,which brings me to my question after great amounts of rambling (sorry). Does anyone know of places, churches, day labors that might assist us with this bill? Myself or my husband are not apposed to work. We will definitely work (VERY HARD) for assistance. If anyone knows of anywhere it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your patience may everyone be blessed every day of your life. Happy Holidays!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are different services and organizations in New Orleans Louisiana. It sounds like you are trying to become that medical assistant, and getting any type of job offer is great in todays day and age.
I think some of the places you may want to try calling are the Total Community Action, Inc., as this non-profit agency runs the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Phone (504) 872-0334. It can help with utility, electric and cooling bills.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
Another options that provides a bunch of emergency and aid programs is the Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans, and the phone number for that place is 504-523-3755. 7 kids is a lot, but hopefully these places have some limited funding for you.
f12 wrote:Hello my name is Marilyn. My husband has been supporting myself and our 7 kids off his unemployment. After 10 years of service he was laid off. We have steadily been searching for jobs. We are hardworkers the kind that likes working (escape from 7kids. I just graduated in August as a Medical Assistant but am not having any luck getting a job. All the doctors offices that do call me say "when you get experience give us a call," I know crazy isn't it. He is 2 months from graduating himself. But know work for the 2 of us. I finally got an offer not as a Medical Assistant like I want but doing what I did before. Depressing, yes happy for work and income extremely but it doesn't start until Dec. 6th. My husband is proud and between some temp jobs here and there on my part and him loosing his plasma supply twice a week, we have made it to this point of unemployment and those things( Thank you God!)Pride for the most part stops my beautiful husband from seeking help. He is extremely self reliant believing it is his duty to take care of it all,"I'm the man,its my job" is what he says. Although he is the man and a wonderful one at that, we have hit a point stop if you will, our electricity is getting disconnected tomorrow. We are a few months behind on paying the electric bill. We live in Island County Washington. We are having no luck getting it,which brings me to my question after great amounts of rambling (sorry). Does anyone know of places, churches, day labors that might assist us with this bill? Myself or my husband are not apposed to work. We will definitely work (VERY HARD) for assistance. If anyone knows of anywhere it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your patience may everyone be blessed every day of your life. Happy Holidays!
maxie_mac

Post by maxie_mac »

I and i am writing to see if I can get some help paying my electric bill. I have been tring to come up with the money to pay it but I cant seem to do it. When I got home today my Power was shut off and I dont know what to do. I have 3 kids and a wife with no power. Please Help me. I live in the state of Florida, in Martin County. My kids need their utility turned on.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did the utility company give you notice before turning the power off? You can try programs and options like the Community Services Block Grant program, phone (772) 288-5629 which may offer LIHEAP or other emergency aid. The St. Vincent de Paul of Martin County Fl is another option. Find more charities and government programs here, or even look for free legal aid if you think the disconnection was illegal.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
maxie_mac wrote:I and i am writing to see if I can get some help paying my electric bill. I have been tring to come up with the money to pay it but I cant seem to do it. When I got home today my Power was shut off and I dont know what to do. I have 3 kids and a wife with no power. Please Help me. I live in the state of Florida, in Martin County. My kids need their utility turned on.
Port Had

Post by Port Had »

I am presently ill and have been diagnosed with a severe bladder disease. I have lost my job. I have no income or money. I lost my home and have had to move in with family friends who are paying all living expenses. What I need right away is help with our electric bill for the current month. We have no means to pay it. The cutoff date is Monday September 24th. It is 327.00. Also I need help with doctor’s appointment and bills. I have no medical insurance and NO ONE will help me. Again I have lost my job because I am ill. I have contacted TDHS and they won’t help me. I have called other places and still can't get help. I have begun the process of applying for SSI/Disability however the legal offices that are handling my case have told me it will likely be a year until I get benefits or Medicare. Please someone help me! Again the most immediate help I need is getting my electric bill paid before Monday September 24th. Thank you.
Beckquick

Post by Beckquick »

I am needing help with my electric bill. I have 3 children and their dad is on social security so we are on a fixed income and only get paid one time a month. The electric company PSO will not work with us at all our bill is always due before he gets paid so we have had several cut offs. I have seen a program that gives disabled people discounted electric bills and I have not been able to find that organization since.
steveluvsmargaret

Post by steveluvsmargaret »

i live in south carolina and i am a mother of 5 children my husband was in a accident and is unable to work i take care of all of them and have no what to pay my light bill i need help please if you know anyone or any place that can help me i would greatly appreciate it thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have many programs and agencies for South Carolina, and options for light bills, financial assistance, and other aid. The electric bill company programs are located on this page. Click here.

As far as the statewide and county resources, those can all be found here, or links to them from this page.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sou ... _prog.html
CharlestonS

Post by CharlestonS »

I am on SSI and have a electric bill from 12/2/2013 that my utilities will be shut off ten days from the said date. Embarrassed as I am that I need assistance for electric and rent bill. Tacoma Public Utilities is my provider. I had signed up for the discount program from TPU which wont apply until the bill is back at zero. I have never asked for help before and would be greatly appreciated if I receive help, bill being 123.00. For rent I am behind 275.00 out of the 595.00 rent that was owed. I am disabled and really can't afford being homeless with my health conditions.
Yesterday, I had my phone stolen so my normal number cannot be reached. I would like to correspond through my email.
Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What did TPU say when you told them you are still struggling? As if you have their discount/budgeting program, and are still behind, this will make it difficult for you. As what will you do with your Tacoma Public Utilities for each following month? You are in a bind. But here is their phone number and more information. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ssist.html
RodgerE

Post by RodgerE »

I am in need of assistance. I live in a town home with my wife and 2 children. I also have my mother, sister and brother living with us. Our electric bill is through the roof and I cannot afford to pay it. It is due September 8th and I was wondering if I could get information on any assistance that I can get. Thank you in advance for your time.