Help with water and electric bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
lucylew
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with water and electric bills

Post by lucylew »

Hi. I have a $606.52 electric bill and a $202.26 water bill. i work but only get 15 hrs. a week. its just me and 2 daughter im takin care of. my husband left over afew mths ago and does not pay me anything, please please, PLEASE HELP ME i live in columbus,Ohio 43213 im all over the web looking for help but no one seems to give phone numbers. i can also use a little food all my food stamps are gone. we are really hurting right now with these bills
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with water and electric bills

Post by Admin »

Here is info on places to turn to for help with water bills, and how to get other aid, in Columbus and Franklin County Ohio. Numerous charities and non-profits are in place that can offer cash grants for water and utility bills, and they can refer you to government programs and such.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
Try calling Impact Community Action at 614.252.2799. Another option is always the Columbus Urban League, and they can be reached at 614.257.6300.
St. Stephen's Community House may also be able to provide aid and cash financial assistance.

lucylew wrote:Hi. I have a $606.52 electric bill and a $202.26 water bill. i work but only get 15 hrs. a week. its just me and 2 daughter im takin care of. my husband left over afew mths ago and does not pay me anything, please please, PLEASE HELP ME i live in columbus,Ohio 43213 im all over the web looking for help but no one seems to give phone numbers. i can also use a little food all my food stamps are gone. we are really hurting right now with these bills
Futy

Help with paying for water bill

Post by Futy »

I AM IN NEED OF HELP PAYING FOR A WATER BILL AND I HAVE A FOUR YEAR OLD SON WHO RESIDES IN MY HOME. THE WATER COMPANY IS GOING TOO SHUT IT OFF I I DON'T PAY IT WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME?I LIVE IN PALM COAST FLORIDA
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help with paying for water bill

Post by Admin »

Palm Coast and Flagler do have agencies that may be able to help with water and utility bills. The information and contacts are located here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
One of the main places to ask for help is the Northeast Florida Community Action Agency. 386-586-2324. Community action agencies help low income people, the working poor, and people who are struggling to get by. They are always a great place to contact for information and free advice on how to get help with bills, debts and mortgages and foreclosure.
Futy wrote:I AM IN NEED OF HELP PAYING FOR A WATER BILL AND I HAVE A FOUR YEAR OLD SON WHO RESIDES IN MY HOME. THE WATER COMPANY IS GOING TOO SHUT IT OFF I I DON'T PAY IT WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME?I LIVE IN PALM COAST FLORIDA
Masingale

Post by Masingale »

I didn't put in much info last time. My husband and I both work full time jobs, but we are still struggling to pay our bills. Our water bill got so backed up that we owe $567 and change right now. We have paid over $300 in the past 90 days and are facing disconnect. I am trying everything now for help. I'm pregnant now and just had a miscarriage 6 weeks ago, so I'm trying to not add more stress, as well as be healthy and have water. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
I'm in Westerville Ohio.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are some utility and heating bill programs in Franklin County - Westerville Ohio.
Try calling the Impact Community Action at 614.252.2799. They run a variety of assistance programs and help people become self-sufficient. They can help people deal with debt, energy bills, mortgage help, and disconnections.
Another good option would be the St. Stephen's Community House, and there phone number is 614-294-6347. They have some crisis assistance and other aid programs for low income and others in the area.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
Masingale wrote:I didn't put in much info last time. My husband and I both work full time jobs, but we are still struggling to pay our bills. Our water bill got so backed up that we owe $567 and change right now. We have paid over $300 in the past 90 days and are facing disconnect. I am trying everything now for help. I'm pregnant now and just had a miscarriage 6 weeks ago, so I'm trying to not add more stress, as well as be healthy and have water. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
I'm in Westerville Ohio.
Futy

Post by Futy »

I been trying for at least three months to get help paying my electric bill I have made extension but fell short on paying them becasue I only work pt and my husband is disable, he only gets 667 from social security and I get 425 from my pt job. My rent is 850 a mo and my electric bill right now is 414 because I can never pay the complete bill. I have a $349 water bill as well. I was able to get my gas paid by one of the programs form the church. But I really need help to get my electric and water as it is cold and I really hate to be without heat, my husband disability requires heat, he crack his spinal cord and when its cold he has problems walking. I live in Ga my address is Lithonia Ga 30058 Please tell me where I can get help I been trying but no luck. Thanks
Mikey1

Post by Mikey1 »

I'm actually inquiring information for my friend, who lives in Hawaii. He has been struggling with bills since his wife left him and his 5 kids. This month's water and electric bill was extra high and he doesn't know what to do. He's a school teacher raising all his children on his own with only one income now. Is there any assistance that would help him
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is a listing of programs for your area AND COUNTY IN GEORGIA. Try places like the Decatur Area Emergency Assistance Ministry/DEAM (404) 373-2300. or the Salvation Army - DeKalb County Service Unit (404) 486-2714.
Also, call more churches in your area. That is always a good idea.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/dek ... rogr1.html
Futy wrote:I been trying for at least three months to get help paying my electric bill I have made extension but fell short on paying them becasue I only work pt and my husband is disable, he only gets 667 from social security and I get 425 from my pt job. My rent is 850 a mo and my electric bill right now is 414 because I can never pay the complete bill. I have a $349 water bill as well. I was able to get my gas paid by one of the programs form the church. But I really need help to get my electric and water as it is cold and I really hate to be without heat, my husband disability requires heat, he crack his spinal cord and when its cold he has problems walking. I live in Ga my address is Lithonia Ga 30058 Please tell me where I can get help I been trying but no luck. Thanks
Isal

Post by Isal »

Hello, we are a family of five (three young girls,wife and myself) and cannot pay our past due water and electric bill. it has been shut off this morning and have no where to turn. we live in northern california (sonoma county,94931). past due amount is 210.00. i have called the cotati water department and they will not give us anymore time since it was our third notice. any information to us would be much appreciated, thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Water bills tend to be more difficult to get help with, but try the H2O assistance program for customers in West Coast. It is on the primary site. As far as those electric bills, it is incredible in that hundreds of thousands of California families every year have their power turned off. Not right in my opinion. But here are some options and resources for you. Southern California Gas Company offers a gas assistance fund (phone 1-800-427-2200. Also ask about the state wide California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program. Call your utility company and reference it.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cal ... oling.html
Isal wrote:Hello, we are a family of five (three young girls,wife and myself) and cannot pay our past due water and electric bill. it has been shut off this morning and have no where to turn. we live in northern california (sonoma county,94931). past due amount is 210.00. i have called the cotati water department and they will not give us anymore time since it was our third notice. any information to us would be much appreciated, thank you
Karen

Post by Karen »

I'm currently in need of assistance with my rent and utilities in NC. I'm going through a divorce. I can barley keep my head above ground. I'm working and looking for a second job but I have fallen behind on everything. I have a son that is a paranoid Scophrinic that has problems keeping a job in which I have to take care of him. He does not get any assistance even after being hospitalized for a short period of time. I really need help asap. Please let me know where I need to go for help and what do I need to do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many electric companies, including those in North Carolina, offer financial assistance programs and/or cash grants, in particular for families with medical conditions. It is great that you are looking for that second job too, as that may make you help make ends meet. So find North Carolina electric bill assistance programs and resources that you can turn to for aid and other forms of support. Call the agencies. Depending on where you live in NC, there are programs like Piedmont Natural Gas's Share the Warmth assistance program.
Karen wrote:I'm currently in need of assistance with my rent and utilities in NC. I'm going through a divorce. I can barley keep my head above ground. I'm working and looking for a second job but I have fallen behind on everything. I have a son that is a paranoid Scophrinic that has problems keeping a job in which I have to take care of him. He does not get any assistance even after being hospitalized for a short period of time. I really need help asap. Please let me know where I need to go for help and what do I need to do.
Jasmine

Post by Jasmine »

I have been trying to find the help that has funds to get my electric turned back on in Denver Colorado. We made payments and they still shut us off. We tried to get them to work with us but were told they don't do that and it says they do a payment help on there website. We have 4 kids all under five who are all sick and one has pneumonia. Please my husband and I are trying everything is there help somewhere out there?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do not understand. If you paid your electric bills, how can they turn power off? That is illegal. Threaten them with legal action, or call your local newspaper or TV station. In the meantime, here is information on Colorado utility and electric bill assistance programs, such as the Energy $avings Partnership Program at 1-866-432-8435.
Jasmine wrote:I have been trying to find the help that has funds to get my electric turned back on in Denver Colorado. We made payments and they still shut us off. We tried to get them to work with us but were told they don't do that and it says they do a payment help on there website. We have 4 kids all under five who are all sick and one has pneumonia. Please my husband and I are trying everything is there help somewhere out there?