Help with water and electric bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
TopGear
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with water and electric bills

Post by TopGear »

I need help paying my high department of water and power bill. It is $834 and climbing very month. just got laid off from a seasonal job was only making minimum wage which I was able to pay the bare minimum due to paying rent of 500. I have three children and I do the best I can. I am only asking for help with this bill. I as well as my kids will be devastated if my power and electric is cut off I was able to keep my gas reasonable. I just pray that someone reads this and has a big heart and ability and willing to help us. I'm looking for a job that I was recently blessed and able to get work since being unemployed prior to this for so long. God bless all because I know I’m not the only mother struggling. I am thanking you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, water bill programs do not exist in your region. However PG&E does offer some emergency assistance and conservation programs. A listing of them are below. So of them, like REACH, are available across the state and are offered by the Salvation Army. When you apply for their electric bill assistance also ask them about a job. The PGE / Pacific Gas programs can be found here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... assis.html
Claudette Term

Post by Claudette Term »

I NEED help paying all utilities. My water is going to be turned off 5-8, the electric any day now, gas & cell same thing. Then there is the rent. I broke my shoulder. I had 5 surgeries to get it fixed right (somewhat). I need to get a job but it has to be a work at home because I also have RH in every joint in my body. Can you PLEASE help me. I live in Maricopa...Thank You for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is our general listing of all electric and water programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
But if the power will be turned off in 8 days or so, you are short on time and need to apply now.
TheSmiths

Post by TheSmiths »

I have a family of 3. One is a widow on SSDI. Another is a child 17 on Dad' SSDI who is deceased, struggling disabled 23 year old still on deceased also on dad's SDI. However SSA wants him off, got Habitat for Humanity to Help pay for Roof, paying off heat, very behind on water bill and electricity because roof leaked all last winter and had to use electric heaters.
We Can only get so much from LHEAP. SSA wants to remove 23 year old SSDI because he is working, dad had long term cancer. Really need help with water and electric now.
Buffalo

Post by Buffalo »

My best friend is pregnant with my baby and is behind on her bills. She is 20 weeks a long and has an inverted uterus. This makes it dangerous in a work environment. Also she has disassociative personality disorder. She has applied for disability to pay her electric and water bills but in the meantime she has no income. She lives in a rural area in Oklahoma so there's not a lot of help available.
Her doctor contacted the electric company to tell them of her disabilities but they said because she is on the prepaid electric plan a serious or chronic condition wouldn't be considered. The reason she is on the prepaid plan for her utilities and water is because she owed over $500 because she had the covid and just got behind. I live in Arkansas and am on a fixed income of $963 a month and my check is mostly gone by the time I get it. I've been using my savings to pay her electric this month but so far it's been over $200 just this month. My savings is gone. I can't pay on it anymore. But it's going to be shut off tomorrow. Please tell me what I should do?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Great for you to look out for your friend. However if she has little, or no income, if may be hard for her to get help with electric, gas or water bills. As most charities, or even the utility or water company, will want to know the customer (your friend) can pay future bills on their own. That being said, there are many programs and look here for money to pay various utility bills.
Buffalo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:52 am My best friend is pregnant with my baby and is behind on her bills. She is 20 weeks a long and has an inverted uterus. This makes it dangerous in a work environment. Also she has disassociative personality disorder. She has applied for disability to pay her electric and water bills but in the meantime she has no income.