Utility disconnection upcoming

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Hotone
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Utility disconnection upcoming

Post by Hotone »

Hello i was wondering what can be done because i am in the process of getting my services disconnected and i can't afford that right now. I am low income and i am on a fixed income and i would like to know if there is some way that i can get some kind of help for my bill and i am looking up places on the internet for help and i really can't find none. Because i am trying to find some places that help me out with getting my bill on the right track so that i don't get disconnected. Well here is my information and i would really appreciate getting a response back from you. Racine Wisconsin.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Yes, we try to respond to all inquires we get, and for the most part we do. May energy companies in Wisconsin do have financial assistance programs for the low income and people on a fixed income. Read more on Wisconsin utility assistance programs. There are options like the The State of Wisconsin General Assistance Funds which can be reached at 608-267-3680. It offers heating bill help, and other financial aid and references.
Hotone wrote:Hello i was wondering what can be done because i am in the process of getting my services disconnected and i can't afford that right now. I am low income and i am on a fixed income and i would like to know if there is some way that i can get some kind of help for my bill and i am looking up places on the internet for help and i really can't find none. Because i am trying to find some places that help me out with getting my bill on the right track so that i don't get disconnected. Well here is my information and i would really appreciate getting a response back from you. Racine Wisconsin.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

Hello I have a concern. I have been having trouble paying my electric bill from pepco and am facing disconnection. Every now and then for years and i have a question about the disconnection laws for the state of Maryland. I see that disconnection cannot be shut off during the month of November 1 til march and i have a outstanding bill 1,975 and it due tomorrow , but my original turn off date was october 18th i believe but i had that canceled because i called the MD public service commission for help and this is the 2nd time i called them for PEPCO. I called them last year in the same month at the end of October and i was granted to make payment on November 11th for 500.00 and then my payment plan was granted for 1yr, and i was doing well making my payments on time i believe i made 3 or 4 payments, then i fell behind in march or April the next year because i was laid off from my job for a while and i could barely make any payment or make none at all and i emailed Pepco and told numerous time about my situation and they would constantly apologize but said i would have to make a payment which i could never afford to get my account back on track because it was always so high and i even asked then could i pay half on my pay date and the other half on the next pay date. I tried applying for energy assistance, but that take time and the lease where i live is not in my name but the Pepco electric bill is in my name and they ask for lot documents to get started and i don't have everything they need. So overall the the amount that is due tomorrow for 1,975, the electric company said if i could pay 986.00 by 31st i could make arrangements on the remaining bill but 986.00 is too high to pay and i don't what else i can do and i have 1 small 3 yr old child living in the home and he is my sister child , but i would hate for services to be disconnected when the lights need to be on for him i think its unfair that utility companies shut customers off if they cant pay in full. If they receive some type of payment that is better than anything. My concern was basically does the disconnection law in November to march for state of Maryland only apply to elderly or disabled customers or all customers that don't have any type of sickness or medical problem.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We did not realize PEPCO served the state of Maryland. We do not have them listed on our primary page, and don't have any information on the programs they offer. However you can find other disconnection assistance programs listed here, and they can be found http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mar ... ing_b.html
one of the primary resources is the Fuel Fund of Maryland, Inc. and another one is the Electric Universal Service Program (EUSP). Ask about or apply for either one of these financial assistance/grant programs.
Dustin wrote:Hello I have a concern. I have been having trouble paying my electric bill from pepco and am facing disconnection. Every now and then for years and i have a question about the disconnection laws for the state of Maryland. I see that disconnection cannot be shut off during the month of November 1 til march and i have a outstanding bill 1,975 and it due tomorrow , but my original turn off date was october 18th i believe but i had that canceled because i called the MD public service commission for help and this is the 2nd time i called them for PEPCO. I called them last year in the same month at the end of October and i was granted to make payment on November 11th for 500.00 and then my payment plan was granted for 1yr, and i was doing well making my payments on time i believe i made 3 or 4 payments, then i fell behind in march or April the next year because i was laid off from my job for a while and i could barely make any payment or make none at all and i emailed Pepco and told numerous time about my situation and they would constantly apologize but said i would have to make a payment which i could never afford to get my account back on track because it was always so high and i even asked then could i pay half on my pay date and the other half on the next pay date. I tried applying for energy assistance, but that take time and the lease where i live is not in my name but the Pepco electric bill is in my name and they ask for lot documents to get started and i don't have everything they need. So overall the the amount that is due tomorrow for 1,975, the electric company said if i could pay 986.00 by 31st i could make arrangements on the remaining bill but 986.00 is too high to pay and i don't what else i can do and i have 1 small 3 yr old child living in the home and he is my sister child , but i would hate for services to be disconnected when the lights need to be on for him i think its unfair that utility companies shut customers off if they cant pay in full. If they receive some type of payment that is better than anything. My concern was basically does the disconnection law in November to march for state of Maryland only apply to elderly or disabled customers or all customers that don't have any type of sickness or medical problem.
McKnight

Post by McKnight »

I have been disabled for 2 years and need help paying my utilities. Water and APS for electric, and my car which is only $800.00 outstanding. My 12 year old son and I are about to lose everything due to herniated disc crumbling into my sciatica and RA. I CANNOT work and have been denied SSDI, retained an attorney and have been struggling to pay bills living on $547.00 of child support a month. Our electric is due to be disconnected with a balance of $448.00 on 8/27/13. I'm scared to death because I don't have any options and DES says I don't even qualify for food stamps anymore since I am now receiving child support. We don't have any luxuries like cable or internet, and live on macaroni and cheese, and ramen noodles. I've been working since age 16 and had a wonderful career that I miss very much. I even went in and had a discetomy and it was a failed surgery that increased the issue by leaving mass scar tissue. I purchased our home in 2006 to give my son the stability to grow up in the stability of the same home, school, and friends. I'm powerless over bringing in an income and desperate to be able for help. Please, I'm begging for help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately you didn't say where you are at and what state. So it is hard for us to direct you to some type of disconnection prevention program. But we do have a listing of resources by state and county. They will focus more on electric, gas, and other utilities. Water programs are very rare. They also won't pay for cable, nor should they, as that is a want and not a need. However, locate our
utility bill programs by company.
TweedD

Post by TweedD »

I would like information regarding assistance with paying my delinquent utility bills, please, before it is disconnected. My home has been foreclosed on and I am close to an eviction date. The Southern CT Gas Company will be shutting my gas off, possibly today. I only have my Social Security check for income. It really doesn't cover all my expenses. I was able to get on the SNAP program for food assistance.
I am desperate to keep the gas on for the duration of my stay in my home, which may be a month, maybe two.
I have nowhere to go, I can't find an apartment that is within my means. I have put my name on different lists for apartments, but the waiting lists are long.
Could you please help me with the disconnection?
I'm really at the end of my rope.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You will never be able to get financial help today, in a matter of hours. You wanted way to long to ask for assistance from Southern Gas or any company. Even if they can help, it takes days to review applications, issue money or credits, etc. Also, if you can't find a new apartment to live in, what makes you think you only need help for a month or two when you have no place to leave. Try this for Southern Connecticut gas assistance programs.
TweedD wrote:I would like information regarding assistance with paying my delinquent utility bills, please, before it is disconnected. My home has been foreclosed on and I am close to an eviction date. The Southern CT Gas Company will be shutting my gas off, possibly today.
KStewart

Post by KStewart »

Good morning. I live in Doyline, Louisiana. My electric bill is due today and due to be disconnected tomorrow. I have two small children and I am pregnant. I have been searching for help and not sure where to turn in such little amount of time. Please contact me. Thank you so much...